PDA

View Full Version : Ebay of the Day

pt73
29th April 2006, 02:39 PM
Have a look at the english in the description, it's mindblowing:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TAYLORMADE-R7-FULL-GOLF-CLUBS_W0QQitemZ7237948438QQcategoryZ1519QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

PT

connico
29th April 2006, 04:18 PM
...there are bids on it?>?...

Jarro
29th April 2006, 04:53 PM
sounds like a description as written by ALO ... with special comments by peter_rs ;)

Courty
29th April 2006, 05:27 PM
Store on the attic up the type: 10.5
I think his translator got the wrong meaning for 'loft' :-s

Flection: R- electric wire
This means the shafts are made of regular flex electrical cable :roll:

Bridge: Factory
:-k

pt73
29th April 2006, 06:16 PM
I guess babel fish had a brain fart .... :=)

Falcon
29th April 2006, 07:09 PM
Ahhhhhh where the fudge is Nicaragua??

pt73
1st May 2006, 10:47 AM
Auction ended early with the following message:

"The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price."

I would too if I'd found a sucker willing to pay $910 plus US$140+ shipping for a set of chinese fakes.

PT

Courty
1st May 2006, 10:52 AM
I'd be surprised if the winning bidder ever receives the goods at all. The seller doesn't even have any feedback! :shock:

pt73
1st May 2006, 11:49 AM
I hope for their sake that you're correct.

connico
1st May 2006, 12:01 PM
hope its a fake bidder, trying to **** off the seller

pt73
1st May 2006, 01:06 PM
Me too.

3oneday
1st May 2006, 01:30 PM
I have a spare account (or two), let me know and we will buy the next one.

P

pt73
1st May 2006, 05:38 PM
Here's a good one but I don't think they're fakes:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Taylormade-RAC-BLACK-MB-ToUr-IsSuE-PrOtOTyPeS-irons-2-p_W0QQitemZ7238563061QQcategoryZ630QQrdZ1QQcmdZVie wItem

The guy's from Italy, lists them on eBay AU but specifies local pickup only.

HUH ?????

PT

connico
4th May 2006, 01:00 PM
removed!!! maybe he realised his error?

Plod
14th May 2006, 10:00 PM
I have a spare account (or two), let me know and we will buy the next one.

P

There's another lot up for sale. Again, some poor suckers have bid.

Item No.: 7241527725

pt73
15th May 2006, 09:02 AM
I know, I've reported the seller to ebay about 7 times now and they've done zip as usual.

Hopefully the bidders are just screwing him around, the alternative is too scary to even think about.

In the Sydney Sun Herald yesterday the golf columnist Peter Stone had a nice piece titled "Fakes will do your game no good" with the following useful info, "TaylorMade Australia has issued a warning that counterfeiting is rife and is costing the industry up to $15million a year". It's nice to see they're REALLY worried about this and do nothing to stop auctions of fake TM clubs on ebay australia.

PT

connico
15th May 2006, 10:06 AM
I dont think they are all that worried at all, the people that buy fakes usually are too tight to spend the real dough on quality stuff. I just hate to see unsuspecting consumers whom have the cash but are spending it on fakes. If someone thinks they are picking up a bargain to good to be true...then they prob are..!!!

Fishman Dan
15th May 2006, 10:56 AM
One question - how does this affect you lot.. seriously?

Sure we all like to be good samaritans, but despite your best efforts this will continue, carrying on about it here isn't going to fix things.

3oneday
15th May 2006, 11:06 AM
One question - how does this affect you lot.. seriously?

Sure we all like to be good samaritans, but despite your best efforts this will continue, carrying on about it here isn't going to fix things.cause it's a golf forum, and it's related to golf things !!!!!

To borrow one of your lines.... FFS !!!!!!!!!

Is there something better you would like us discussing ??? AFL, NRL, Wendell ??? all clearly golf related stuff I agree :p

How about this one for you to ponder.....

If Ping wasn't ripped off as much as it is, would your Pings have cost you $150 instead of $200 ?? Dunno ?? you probably never will either, because no one actually knows how much these companies are spending in trying to eradicate Chinese ripoffs.

Back to AFL with you Fishnose.....

Fishman Dan
15th May 2006, 11:11 AM
Wow.. so much... punctuation! (i mean... "!!!!!!!")

I just mean there so much emotion goes into reporting ebay fakies, but there's seriously poo-all anyone can do to stop it..... except whinge!

If only their power was used for good, not evil!

Put it this way - with people buying fakes, there's less competition for the 'genuine' gear..

PS - I know people on this site that sell "Aftermarket" head covers/putter covers. Does that make them naughty people?

pt73
15th May 2006, 02:42 PM
I guess I don't like seeing people get ripped off. I have work colleagues who have bought fakes in China knowing they're fakes and that's fine if they want to waste their money on junk. If someone on ebay sells some poor sod a fake driver for $500 that they believe is a real one, that's a different issue in my book.

BTW, Callaway are the only OEM who take this situation at all seriously, when I report fake Callaway stuff to them they're gone from ebay within 1 day. So I guess my one man war against people selling Callaway fakes actually does some good.

PT