PDA

View Full Version : Scorecard holders, tee containers and markers on caps are?

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 09:34 AM
After reading the umbrella ghey thread Imo scorecard holders, tee containers and cap ball markers are raging ghey. FFS I see a few here collect this shite but to use it.

WBennett
7th December 2015, 09:48 AM
Forget your meds this morning CT?

Dotty
7th December 2015, 09:50 AM
For clubs with computerised card readers, the scorecard holder prevents the havoc of a bent card or rogue pencil marks.

I wish more players would use tee containers instead of frigging around in their bag looking for tees/ball marker/pencil, when they should be teeing up or putting out.

I agree though ... Cap ball markers are flaming.

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 09:53 AM
Forget your meds this morning CT? of course you carry tees in a container !

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 09:55 AM
For clubs with computerised card readers, the scorecard holder prevents the havoc of a bent card or rogue pencil marks.

I wish more players would use tee containers instead of frigging around in their bag looking for tees/ball marker/pencil, when they should be teeing up or putting out.

I agree though ... Cap ball markers are flaming. I knew you would. Didn't know about cards bending being a problem thanks for that

WBennett
7th December 2015, 10:01 AM
of course you carry tees in a container !

I am not even sure I understand the premise of your rant?

Are you blowing up about people who have tees in Tupperware?

I carry three in my pocket, and three on my buggy. Always white, always timber. Don't need any more than that for 18 holes.

timah!
7th December 2015, 10:22 AM
Forget your meds this morning CT?

Longer than just this morning I'd say Benno!

Scifisicko
7th December 2015, 11:01 AM
I knew you would. Didn't know about cards bending being a problem thanks for that

Bent cards are a PITA to put through the score card reader and the card holders help eliminate this. Still id rather plug the scores in manually than use the card holder. No idea what rogue pencil marks are. Is this when you have a 7 and put down 6?

PeteyD
7th December 2015, 11:08 AM
Nah just a mark somewhere at the top where the lines that tell the computer who the card belongs to is. Accidentally marking up there can cause a misread.

BenM
7th December 2015, 11:44 AM
Much easier finding a ball marker on your cap than fishing around in your pocket amongst tees, pitch mark tool etc. And coins.

thecollective
7th December 2015, 01:50 PM
Much easier finding a ball marker on your cap than fishing around in your pocket amongst tees, pitch mark tool etc. And coins.

+1

Ferrins
7th December 2015, 01:57 PM
As a sport golf in general is pretty ghey.

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 02:27 PM
As a sport golf in general is pretty ghey. pretty a way to describe it

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 02:31 PM
Longer than just this morning I'd say Benno! wow lets keep it on track lad! Cant wait to meet little Benny at Metro ��

benno_r
7th December 2015, 02:48 PM
wow lets keep it on track lad! Cant wait to meet little Benny at Metro ��

Down side is you'll have to meet the big one too!

Captain Nemo
7th December 2015, 05:19 PM
As a sport golf in general is pretty ghey.
Agree
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/are-there-gays-players-on-the-pga-tour-brandt-snedeker-says

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 05:33 PM
Down side is you'll have to meet the big one too! that's a bonus BR as I've been thinking of you most Saturday mornings lately. Got a little man crush on you and TNO speaking of being ghey!

benno_r
7th December 2015, 05:37 PM
that's a bonus BR as I've been thinking of you most Saturday mornings lately. Got a little man crush on you and TNO speaking of being ghey!

You know, that's the best compliment I have had on OG to date.

Thanks buddy! You made my day. :D

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 05:44 PM
Agree
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/are-there-gays-players-on-the-pga-tour-brandt-snedeker-says One in 7 is a % I've heard is the number. Surely the guy with a umbrella open to protect from sun, whilst pulling tees from containers, in fluro, with a scorecard holder and wearing a white belt using a pink or purple driver is one? Or has BenM got kids?

Courty
7th December 2015, 05:54 PM
http://www.golfdigest.com/story/are-there-gays-players-on-the-pga-tour-brandt-snedeker-says

Brian Gay ;)

Captain Nemo
7th December 2015, 06:06 PM
There you go, case in point!

Hatchman
7th December 2015, 06:21 PM

Takes away the fun of a game of pocket billiards, kill joys :roll:

Johnny Canuck
7th December 2015, 06:54 PM
One in 7 is a % I've heard is the number. Surely the guy with a umbrella open to protect from sun, whilst pulling tees from containers, in fluro, with a scorecard holder and wearing a white belt using a pink or purple driver is one? Or has BenM got kids?
Final sentence gold.

Brian Gay ;)

Well played.

Don't forget Gay Brewer.

BenM
7th December 2015, 09:00 PM
You got me. And I've got a thing for opinionated rural ex pros with a hate for fluoro. Look out big boy.

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 10:07 PM
You got me. And I've got a thing for opinionated rural ex pros with a hate for fluoro. Look out big boy. great I will bring a few ball markers to Metro for your collection then.

WBennett
7th December 2015, 10:20 PM
great I will bring a few ball markers to Metro for your collection then. God I hope the Captain of the confederates chooses flouro!

PeteyD
7th December 2015, 10:38 PM
I think it must be a requirement

Coldtopper
7th December 2015, 10:44 PM
I think it must be a requirement you shouldn't do fluro at Metro.

Courty
8th December 2015, 06:28 AM
God I hope the Captain of the confederates chooses flouro!

I think it must be a requirement

This has to happen now! :mrgreen:

SundayHack
8th December 2015, 07:24 AM
This has to happen now! :mrgreen:
+1. Fluro pink for CT

WBennett
8th December 2015, 07:35 AM
I was looking for uniform ideas.

I'm leaning towards this one...

or maybe this one

SundayHack
8th December 2015, 07:43 AM
Pink it will match his homophobia

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 11:02 AM
Pink it will match his homophobia how about a side bet for say 100 a shot big mouth ?

PeteyD
8th December 2015, 11:04 AM
There is no gambling at Bushwood.

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 11:07 AM
There is no gambling at Bushwood. and I don't slice��

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 11:08 AM
Pink it will match his homophobia lad sorry do I know you ?

PeteyD
8th December 2015, 11:11 AM
and I don't slice��

Sure you do, make me a sandwich ;)

SundayHack
8th December 2015, 11:15 AM
lad sorry do I know you ?
No just friendly banter

Johnny Canuck
8th December 2015, 11:20 AM
Don't most pros use scorecard holders? Serious question.

3Puttpete
8th December 2015, 11:21 AM
Don't most pros use scorecard holders? Serious question.

Only the good ones

Scifisicko
8th December 2015, 11:55 AM
Phone book or Bible in 22YOJS's back pocket?

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 02:15 PM
Don't most pros use scorecard holders? Serious question. Not the Pro's I use these days!

That's a fair question I know they once appeared hidden inside a the bib!

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 02:19 PM
No just friendly banter Great let's double it then + some and you wear a pink shirt like your mates!

LeftyHoges
8th December 2015, 02:31 PM
Great let's double it then + some and you wear a pink shirt like your mates!

Sorry CT, but if you want to play with either side in the uncivil War at Metro YOU'LL HAVE TO wear what the team captain designates.

SundayHack
8th December 2015, 03:25 PM
Great let's double it then + some and you wear a pink shirt like your mates!
Pfff ex pro should beat a hack like me.

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 04:48 PM
Sorry CT, but if you want to play with either side in the uncivil War at Metro YOU'LL HAVE TO wear what the team captain designates. FFS lefty what you are going to accept advice from the these flogs! How much then? CGAF but I dont do fluro.

LeftyHoges
8th December 2015, 04:57 PM
FFS lefty what you are going to accept advice from the these flogs! How much then? CGAF but I dont do fluro.

I highly doubt it will be fluro (we do try to maintain some form of decorum), but we will have a uniform supplied. Cost is usually around $35 for the embroidered memorabilia shirt.

WBennett
8th December 2015, 04:58 PM
You sound like the ultimate team man Topper

Captain Nemo
8th December 2015, 04:59 PM
CT are these ok or do I have to get rid of them if I go to the Vic Champs.... ;)
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/07/3b781e9b72cc425f273832a507b03038.jpg

AndyP
8th December 2015, 05:07 PM
That looks more stylish than my container, which was purchased with purple Winnie the Pooh tees and ball markers.

Courty
8th December 2015, 06:03 PM
My group buy just came in:

http://i.imgur.com/aX0TPx6.jpg

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 06:05 PM
CT are these ok or do I have to get rid of them if I go to the Vic Champs.... ;)
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/07/3b781e9b72cc425f273832a507b03038.jpg They will go well with your Pink Fluro shirts Captain! Coming after all of you.Is that a band aid I see ffs ! Need some tissues or thats right you only use lint free. Is that skunk flakes I see you have ?

Hatchman
8th December 2015, 06:06 PM

I like it lots.
One for your tees, one for your hat clip ball markers and one for your pencils and pitch mark repairers.
Some fluro and a white belt and your all set for Vic Champs :D

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 06:10 PM
I highly doubt it will be fluro (we do try to maintain some form of decorum), but we will have a uniform supplied. Cost is usually around $35 for the embroidered memorabilia shirt. You are a true Champ lefty cheers. It is a Lawyers course for a reason. I would think that fluro would upset the establishment as they spend all day convicting scum!

Coldtopper
8th December 2015, 06:11 PM
I like it lots.
One for your tees, one for your hat clip ball markers and one for your pencils and pitch mark repairers.
Some fluro and a white belt and your all set for Vic Champs :D Pre op here Hatchman! You playing ?

3Puttpete
8th December 2015, 06:35 PM

With fancy clips on the side. That's some high-end gear right there

Courty
8th December 2015, 06:37 PM
with fancy clips on the side. That's some high-end gear right there

nzdm ;)

AndyP
8th December 2015, 07:14 PM
Sweet containers, Courty. What are they replacing?

Captain Nemo
8th December 2015, 07:17 PM
They will go well with your Pink Fluro shirts Captain! Coming after all of you.Is that a band aid I see ffs ! Need some tissues or thats right you only use lint free. Is that skunk flakes I see you have ?
#nocomment !
;)

Courty
8th December 2015, 07:17 PM
Sweet containers, Courty. What are they replacing?

Thanks Andy. They're replacing some older versions of the same thing that have worn out form having so many tees & ball markers packed into them over the years.

backintheswing
8th December 2015, 07:30 PM
Highlight of the trip to the CoC in August this year was the gift pack on arrival. Inside was a shiny blue scorecard holder.

Johnny Canuck
8th December 2015, 07:46 PM
Poker chip ball markers need to be added to the thread title.

Captain Nemo
8th December 2015, 07:49 PM
Ferret gave me that, think he wrapped it up in his Fancutt Tennis Camp tshirt!

3Puttpete
8th December 2015, 08:32 PM

And giant coins

Ferrins
8th December 2015, 08:37 PM
Ferret gave me that, think he wrapped it up in his Fancutt Tennis Camp tshirt!

Would of been more fortuitive for you if I had of sent you this, I use one as a ball marker from time to time,

BenM
8th December 2015, 09:30 PM
Would of been more fortuitive for you if I had of sent you this, I use one as a ball marker from time to time,

I can't hear the word Krugerrand without thinking of Lethal Weapon 2 and particularly the scene where Murtaugh is asking about going for a holiday to South Africa and the guy is like you don't want to go there and Murtaugh is like why? And the guy goes 'Because you're bleck!'

On topic I don't like those massive ball markers much either. Don't care if people use them but I don't use anything bigger than a 10c piece. Anything else is just showing off isn't it?

LarryLong
8th December 2015, 09:33 PM
On topic I don't like those massive ball markers much either. Don't care if people use them but I don't use anything bigger than a 10c piece. Anything else is just showing off isn't it?

Bigger markers really screw up the balance of your hat.

BenM
8th December 2015, 10:46 PM
Bigger markers really screw up the balance of your hat.

That is very true. On the flip side I guess they'd be easier to find in your pocket.

Still wouldn't use one :)

Dotty
9th December 2015, 05:26 AM
That is very true. On the flip side I guess they'd be easier to find in your pocket.

Still wouldn't use one :)
You need a belt mounted coin holder like those issued to bus conductors many years ago.

Hatchman
9th December 2015, 11:13 AM
You need a belt mounted coin holder like those issued to bus conductors many years ago.

Hatchman
9th December 2015, 01:43 PM
Titleist hub cap, anyone?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/08/d7b9748c5083241d01015505db44d09f.jpg

olddogmike
9th December 2015, 10:44 PM
You need a belt mounted coin holder like those issued to bus conductors many years ago. nexbelt.com the Aussie distributor is lyleapparel.com.au

Lagerlover
9th December 2015, 11:07 PM

Nadge had one of these at RA