PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Dilema -No. 2

miro
28th April 2006, 09:16 AM
What is your attitude to bidding on ebay on items where other ozgolfers are also bidding.

For instance yesterday I decided I might see if there were any TM weights floating around. Yes there were and Jarro was the high bidder. Based on that I opted not to bid.

What would you have done?

andylo
28th April 2006, 09:19 AM
Got 4 listed I believe.... bid the other 2 :)

miro
28th April 2006, 09:21 AM
Alo,

Correct in that case -however I was just using it as an example -as a rule I don;t bid against ozgolfers.

3oneday
28th April 2006, 09:23 AM
as a rule I don;t bid against ozgolfers.I agree, except it was Jarro. I woulda pushed him to his limit a dollar at a time !!!!

Some ebay names are pretty obscure though...

Pete

AndyP
28th April 2006, 09:39 AM
He's just another bidder, isn't he?

Perhaps a message to the other OZgolfer to make sure you aren't driving the price up unnecessarily. You could determine who is prepared to go the highest, then they get to do the bidding on the item regardless.

markTHEblake
28th April 2006, 10:36 AM
if I wanted to bid more than jarro than why not. but if i found out he was bumping that would be testing the freindship.

however if i only found out that Jarro was buying this item through the forum, i wouldnt.

connico
28th April 2006, 01:05 PM
"Dion" is idiot if he thought he would get an sc for anything less than 150 bucks...i would have ****ed him off more and bid 100 lol :)

3oneday
28th April 2006, 01:14 PM
:shock: :-s

Jarro
28th April 2006, 01:36 PM
umm, you pair do know that Dion will eventually read this don't you :shock:

Miro, if you want the weights, i'll sell 'em to you for what i paid. I've decided i don't really want them now.

FWIW, i got them for my maximum bid ... i wasn't gonna go any higher anyway ;)

Jarro
28th April 2006, 01:38 PM
oh, and to answer the question :roll:

yes, i would bid aginst another Ozgolfer if i really wanted the item :mrgreen:

miro
28th April 2006, 01:54 PM
Jarro,

I was after them for a putter I don't own (yet). How's that for hoing!!!!

When it arrives I will see if more weight is required and let you know.

I actually used you as an example -I wasn't seriously going to bid on that actual item.

Jarro
28th April 2006, 01:59 PM
no problemo.

pretty hard to know if you are bidding against an Ozgolfer though isn't it .... i mean, i wasn't exactly very creative with my Ebay username :roll:

BrisVegas
29th April 2006, 08:16 PM
Hmmm...as my mate Dion is not around I'll mention a little altercation we had a few weeks ago.
He indicated an old SC putter he was interested in on Ebay and had made the initial bid of something like $1. I jumped on and jokingly stuck in a couple of bids myself for $10. The joke then got a little more serious when I bidded up to $40 knowing it was a price that wouldn't get near the final winning big. Young Dion (he's the bad boy in this story by the way) got his nose well and truly out of joint. I indicated he "was dreaming" if he thought this club would go for under $150 but he insisted I was out of line bidding up to $40.

This blue went on for a few days and the putter ended up going for $202.
he refused to think he over reacted. I admitted some guilt in the initial joke bids but seriously though we were both kidding to get the club that cheap...as the winning bid justified.

Must have missed that! :)

I'm no idiot. I know what stuff is worth. Nevertheless, things slip through the cracks sometimes.... rarely.... this item had no such chance with you bidding all over it. Especially as you were only bidding on it to be a "nuisance". I stand by my assessment that you did the wrong thing, but I forgive you, you poor old cripple. :smt002

"Dion" is idiot if he thought he would get an sc for anything less than 150 bucks...i would have ****ed him off more and bid 100 lol :)

Connico.... charming..... :roll:

Moe Norman
29th April 2006, 09:01 PM
if it was a scotty going for less than $100 I'd have seen it. I watch all the bargains and they always double with 5 minutes to go.

That's why i start my auctions (on jacks advice) at $1 no reserve - because it sucks all you cheap bastards in which drives the price up.

macleod
29th April 2006, 09:27 PM
good question....if it's a local gear-ho and i really want it i know my price limit and will go for it.

if i know the individual wants it more badly than me well....would back off no probs....it might come up for sale again here regardless ;)

i don't really bid on much stuff i don't want anymore so it's never come up...

but if a fellow member is looking like getting a bargain, i let them take the candy and i'm happy for them!