PDA

View Full Version : Golf v. Sex

Courty
27th April 2006, 12:49 PM
After reading this (http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18944716-23213,00.html) article, I thought I'd test out our troops to see if we get the same ratio.

You have the opportunity to play Augusta National (the exclusive course on which the US Masters is played). But in exchange you have to abstain from sex for one year. Do you take the tee time?

andylo
27th April 2006, 12:59 PM
If you ask me 2 week earlier I will say yes... not now.

Courty
27th April 2006, 01:07 PM
If you ask me 2 week earlier I will say yes... not now.

LOL :mrgreen:

connico
27th April 2006, 01:10 PM
a mans not a camel!

markTHEblake
27th April 2006, 01:13 PM
Can I take the abstain part, and dont have to worry about the golf.

Woody Allen got it right
So then, what do you believe in?
Sex and death - two things that come once in a lifetime... but at least after death, you're not nauseous.

Courty
27th April 2006, 01:16 PM
Can I take the abstain part, and dont have to worry about the golf.

Woody Allen got it right
So then, what do you believe in?
Sex and death - two things that come once in a lifetime... but at least after death, you're not nauseous.

Nauseous?! He musn't have been doing it right :roll:

dc68
27th April 2006, 01:24 PM
or there weren't any paper bags back then?

AndyP
27th April 2006, 01:27 PM
Not physically possible, and it's only Augusta. No for me.

Moe Norman
27th April 2006, 01:32 PM
I'd prefer Cypress Point, but for the sake of the argument I'll take the golf.

Why? my wifes currently pregnant and isn't one of those ones thats let you jump on anyway - so I'll just about crack the 12 month barrier late this year I reckon.

Bruce
27th April 2006, 01:37 PM
So you're saying I can play at Augusta without any changes to my current lifestyle? Sign me up!

connico
27th April 2006, 01:38 PM
just tell her that sex is perfectly fine even in the late periods of the the pregnacy, or she knows that and doesnt want the little tyke inside affected by the parents lol :)

Choppa
27th April 2006, 01:44 PM
So you're saying I can play at Augusta without any changes to my current lifestyle? Sign me up!

Make that two of us.....what an easy choice :oops:

just
27th April 2006, 01:53 PM
I'll take the no option. However good it is, Augusta is still just a golf course. Maybe by the time I am 80 I may take the Augusta option.

3oneday
27th April 2006, 02:01 PM
Bugger that, you can always have sex next year ;) and the year after that, you sadsacks can pay for it as well :p god knows we all do anyway !!! .......

Augusta is once in a lifetime !!!

Pete

peter_rs
27th April 2006, 02:09 PM
shazza would book the flight for me... ;)

Jarro
27th April 2006, 02:16 PM
sex

AndyP
27th April 2006, 02:28 PM
Augusta is once in a lifetime !!!
Do you really think the course is that great, just because it is exclusive?

Keep having sex and try and get on St. Andrews instead.

3oneday
27th April 2006, 02:33 PM
Keep having sex and try and get on St. Andrews instead.St Andrews, from what I have heard first impressions are it looks like a sheep paddock and you can actually get onto play St Andrews, unlike Augusta ;)

Matt 3 Jab
27th April 2006, 02:33 PM
Good point AndyP

andylo
27th April 2006, 02:34 PM
Come to think of it, shag the daughter of president of St Andrews will have the best of both worlds :D

AndyP
27th April 2006, 02:40 PM
Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse to get out of your duties in the bedroom, 3oneday.

Now if there was an offer for a fortnight's worth of golf at top-notch courses, I might be interested in forgoing the humpy-pumpy. (It would also mean I would only have to last another 50 weeks)

3oneday
27th April 2006, 02:51 PM
Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse to get out of your duties in the bedroom, 3oneday.1st trimester is usually pretty quiet in our house ;)

Jarro
27th April 2006, 02:56 PM
off to the shed again 'eh Pete ;)

3oneday
27th April 2006, 02:56 PM
off to the shed again 'eh Pete ;)
fraid so mate....

:lol:

Flowergirl
27th April 2006, 03:05 PM
A man is not a camel - hey - neither is a women. This camel will take the hump anyday!!!:twisted:

Trung
27th April 2006, 03:10 PM
Can I have sex at Augusta National?

just
27th April 2006, 03:15 PM
Moe/3oneday
My wife is 5 months pregnant with the second-I feel your pain.:-D

With respect to Augusta, I would just hack the joint up and not appreciate it-whereas I fully appreciate each and every last bit of the good stuff. :mrgreen:

Just

Jarro
27th April 2006, 03:21 PM
i can't even believe you'd have to think about it :shock:

3oneday
27th April 2006, 03:33 PM
i can't even believe you'd have to think about it :shock:that's what I said... Augusta all the way !!!!!

PRC
27th April 2006, 03:37 PM
I've said 'yes' but it comes with a condition. I want to play on the last day of the Masters in the final group. First tee I get the introduction, address the ball, look at the huge crowd lining the tee and the start of the fairway on the left. Then I hit an absolute shocker left and into the gallery.

Courty
27th April 2006, 03:42 PM
Hmmm. I'm surprised by the response so far. I thought the majority of people on here would appreciate the auspiciousness(?) surrounding Augusta and go for the golf (except Jarro, of course ;)). It's only hypothetical, but how many chances does the average golfer get to play at Augusta, and how many chances does the average golfer get to have sex? That's how I see it, anyhow... each to his own. :D

BrisWesty
27th April 2006, 03:43 PM
If it was before I got married (when I didn't get any) - Augusta
Now that I am and I do - Sex

Webster
27th April 2006, 03:59 PM
Can I have a pull and still play the back nine at Augusta? Its all about compromise.

Grunt
27th April 2006, 04:11 PM
Pass on the Sex ---- Never

Pass on a course that thinks it is better than everywhere else - maybe it is but I would like to make the decision not be told. - Definitely

Choppa
27th April 2006, 04:32 PM
If it was before I got married (when I didn't get any) - Augusta
Now that I am and I do - Sex

What the hell did you get written into your marriage contract?? I wish I met you a few years ago.......:)

If it was before i got married then now way, now that I am I don't - Augusta.

ploppy
27th April 2006, 04:56 PM
Option Golf @ Augusta.

Been Married 4 years, what's another year of waiting.

connico
27th April 2006, 05:09 PM
What the hell did you get written into your marriage contract?? I wish I met you a few years ago.......:)

If it was before i got married then now way, now that I am I don't - Augusta.

devote christian??? they hold off till after marriage right?

BrisWesty
27th April 2006, 08:02 PM
Choppa, you wish you met me a few years ago. Is there something we should know? ;-)
Don't worry Choppa, not necessarily as often as I'd like, but my brother gave me that advice before I got married. More often than some, less often than others.
As for Connico's comment, yes, we saved it for marriage. Damn, I wish I'd gotten married at 16!

markTHEblake
27th April 2006, 09:38 PM
seems to be a lot of people voting for the golf but are keeping their mouths shut, c'mon men, state your case.

raidrboy
27th April 2006, 10:21 PM
It's only hypothetical, but how many chances does the average golfer get to play at Augusta, and how many chances does the average golfer get to have sex? That's how I see it, anyhow... each to his own. :D

In my case zero chances to both options these days.

oz
28th April 2006, 07:25 AM
Augusta for me. It would be a hellishly long year, but I am confident I'd still know how to use the equipment after the layoff.......

Choppa
28th April 2006, 09:40 AM
Choppa, you wish you met me a few years ago. Is there something we should know? ;-)

:oops: :oops: ........for advice only :)

Ducky
28th April 2006, 09:14 PM
I would imagine the choice would be determined by what each person is deprived of. Personally, I would opt just to play nine holes.

;)

Flowergirl
29th April 2006, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry boys...........I just can't believe what I'm reading here!!!!:shock:

I was out last night with a few of my golfing girlfriends - and we love our golf as much as you boys. None of them went for the golf option. The only one that did think about it is a lesbian. Is there something there???:smt002 :smt002

What is wrong with you all...........don't you do it right........lucky I didn't join this site to pick up guys!!!!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thank god for Jarro.:mrgreen: and sort of Jack who had a bob each way

AndyP
29th April 2006, 11:22 AM
FG, they answer that way for a hypothetical, but what would they really answer if put in that position (not that you ever would be).

3oneday
29th April 2006, 11:31 AM
FG, they answer that way for a hypothetical, but what would they really answer if put in that position (not that you ever would be).golf

BrisVegas
29th April 2006, 02:32 PM
100% Augusta. A year goes quickly. Memories of Augusta will last the rest of your life...

Courty
29th April 2006, 05:21 PM
golf

100% Augusta. A year goes quickly. Memories of Augusta will last the rest of your life...

Me too. Augusta all the way. You would still get to have sex again. But you would never get the opportunity to play that course again.

cazandpaul
2nd May 2006, 03:19 PM
If I promised Caz a game at Augusta the lead up would be frantic:-D