PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Aus Open

gumby
24th November 2015, 08:19 PM
Anyone know any side streets that are close to The American that doesn't have any limitations? Thanks

Captain Nemo
24th November 2015, 08:30 PM
Most of the side streets are just housing so all day parking but they might enforce a zone around the entry.
Just get there early, or ride a bike there like me!

olddogmike
24th November 2015, 09:46 PM
Just going to park my ass on the lounge in front of the TV

PerryGroves
24th November 2015, 09:48 PM
They are running a shuttle from Mascot station, might be easier than parking in the streets

jimandr
25th November 2015, 05:13 PM
They are running a shuttle from Mascot station, might be easier than parking in the streets

The last couple of times I went to events at The Australian or The Lakes, they did this. It is actually quite efficient if you are already on the train network.

Assuming they have a gate at the eastern boundary, the streets around the Eastlakes side of the course are OK to park if you get there early. The other benefit of parking on that side is that you get to walk back over the course when the event is over, and sometimes they leave stuff on the tees after they have packed up, bottles of water and gatorade and things like that.

Diamonds
26th November 2015, 06:46 PM
We got there at 7am and parked in Day Street. Heaps of spots. Straight up the hill to entry 2 which is Day and Tunstall (?). Be good for Friday but weekends may be tougher with people not leaving for work. No timed spots. Just resi.