PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 24 April 2006

jimandr
25th April 2006, 05:06 PM
Aha, I see the priviledge of starting this thread is open to the quickest Anzac Day player.

Pity I'm not starting it with a better score.

31 points at Camden Valley with Andrew, Ping and Connico. Played better than I scored, but I finished badly, so I feel quite disappointed with my day.

Fairways = 9 of 14
GIR = 9 of 18
Putts = 37, 3 three putts, zero birdies
Up & Down = 2 of 6
Sand Saves = 0 of 1.

connico
25th April 2006, 06:17 PM
33 points, 20 front nine and 13 back nine...iv done my head in again...

Was not horrible today, greens where slick but it was expected. 1 bridie was all i had to show for the day.

BrisVegas
25th April 2006, 08:06 PM
39 points, 77 gross (I think it was par 72???)

5 fairways
5 GIR
27 putts

Scrappy stuff. Putter saved me.

Moe Norman
25th April 2006, 08:09 PM
39 points, 77 gross (I think it was par 72???)

5 fairways
5 GIR
27 putts

No seriously, f#ck you!

dc68
26th April 2006, 10:34 AM
39pts at Pacific 74 off the stick

8FW
9GIR
24 putts

putter saved me too (don't be nasty Moe)

AndyP
26th April 2006, 12:30 PM
25/04/2006, Oxley GC, Stableford.

FWRR: Pretty good.......I think.

8/14 effective T-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
4/6 successful up and downs.
32 putts.
--------------
9 pars.
5 bogeys.
4 doubles.
Score 43-42-85 nett 72 (Par 37-35-72)

It's strange thinking about my round after losing a matchplay contest. My thoughts tend to focus on where I lost holes, like the sitter birdie putt missed on our 10th or failing to get out of the trap on our 12th, instead of focussing on the fact that I played pretty well.

I hit it fairly solid off the tee, but would like to get rid of the occasional dropkick I am playing with the 3 wood. Hit some nice iron shots, and kept the shank count down to two..... I'm fairly confident on and around the greens at the moment, and even had a couple of sand saves. So a nice game all round.

If I play more rounds like this, I'll be wrapped.

Next round: Maybe on the Sunny Coast, May 6.

BrisWesty
26th April 2006, 01:03 PM
89 off the stick (nett 75) at Caboolture.
Reasonably solid - but had a quad bogey, and 4 double bogeys. Just keep them out of the game and I'm laughing.

Flowergirl
26th April 2006, 03:17 PM
Par today. Had a very nice +4 and two NTP. Hit the ball very well and short game was a lot better. I rarely make up and downs - that's how bad my short game is - but today I had 5. I had three horrible three putts - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was on 19.4 - reduced to 18.6.So, so close to my goal of 18. So, so close!!!

Had a lovely birdie - second shot on a par 4 landed 4 inches from the pin. Made my day :mrgreen:

Weather was perfect - no wind and about 22 and sunny. Gee we have great weather here in Melbourne:shock:

AndyP
26th April 2006, 04:04 PM
Way to go, FG. Hope you go beyond 18.

Flowergirl
26th April 2006, 04:09 PM
Way to go, FG. Hope you go beyond 18.

Thanks Andy .... I really appreciate the encouragement:-D

amanda
26th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Great work FG! :D

Flowergirl
27th April 2006, 02:11 PM
Pennant today. The team had a victory - I went down on the 18th.:oops: I was 4 down with 5 to go - won a few - and went into the 18th 1 down. My putt just missed and hers went in for a half - game over. I really have to stop falling asleep from holes 8 - 14 - I seem to loose focus around then too often. Hopefully now that I have realised that n - next week I'll keep in the zone and not play stupid mistakes.

We played at The Dunes. Gee that is a great course - especially today in beautiful sunshine and no wind. Next week playing at The National. Can't wait.:mrgreen:

AndyP
27th April 2006, 02:26 PM
We played at The Dunes. Gee that is a great course - especially today in beautiful sunshine and no wind. Next week playing at The National. Can't wait.:mrgreen:
Commiserations on the loss, FG.

I'm jealous of where you are getting to play these pennant matches (and for free).
Do you know which course at the National? Which ones have you played on there before?

Jarro
28th April 2006, 01:12 PM
85 off the stick (nett 73) at Nudgee today.

held it together pretty well to be +5 after 12 holes ..... then had a quadruple bogey 9 on the par 5 13th :evil:

9 fairways.
4 G.I.R
3/8 up and downs
31 putts

i think it's time i actually started a serious practice regime :roll:

BrisWesty
28th April 2006, 03:38 PM
80 (66 nett) off the stick at Nudgee today. Match play vs Tezza.
Started off birdie, par, triple, birdie (pity about the 3rd one)
2 birdies, 9 par, 4 bogey, 2 dbl, 1 triple
4 fairways, 8 GIR (gee that's normally the other way round!)
1/1 sand saves
28 putts (and I think Tezza had only 29 putts in our matchplay too)

Flowergirl
29th April 2006, 10:17 AM
Andy..........we are playing the Ocean course. WE played it last year and I had a great game. I won on the 14th and I actually stood over a short putt and thought - mmmm if I miss this I get to still keep on playing - that's how much I enjoyed it.:-D

I've played the Old course - and had the worst game ever.:evil:

A friend of ours is a course marshall there and can invite friends to play after 4 pm ( daylight saving) for free. John's got to play but he hasn't asked me cos last time we played I beat him and he cracked it big time. He thinks he's a real "man" and women shouldn't be able to beat him He's a bit of a tosser - but I probably wouyld love him if I got to play at the National for free!!!!

oz
29th April 2006, 04:12 PM
76 today, for 38 points. Hit 13 GIR, made only 1 up & down, and had 35 putts. 4 bogeys, no birdies. :( Could have been a great day out, but I had more lipouts in this one round than I would normally see in a month. Hit plenty of good putts, but they just weren't dropping today. Must be due some next time out. :)

Grunt
29th April 2006, 05:22 PM
Well I stuck to my guns and had no golf this week. and more than likely will not play next week either.

AndyP
29th April 2006, 08:40 PM
Maybe we need to start a "what didn't you shoot this week" forum.

990B Luva
30th April 2006, 12:35 PM
i had 98 off the bat in the first round of Club Champs yesterday, then won 2/1 in pennants with 3 birds (at Wolston Park)

Pinglauncher
30th April 2006, 04:37 PM
29 points today and yet another disgraceful performance on the greens. An unheard of 40 putts for me today and I am still shaking my head in disbelief. Happy with the way I struck the ball however tee to green.

My putting which last year was very solid for the last 2 months had been a nightmare. I had a lesson on Wednesday and we made a couple of changes which helped immensely. 2 days practice and the stroke and results on the practice green were very good.

As soon as I got on the course however the new setup and stroke was never trusted and the results got worse and worse. I missed easy 4 footers on the last 3 holes in my match play against Brad all of which were to win the hole. 1 lipped out, 1 did a 360 and the other missed altogether but they were all bad strokes.

I walked off the course, went to the practice green for 10 minutes and could not miss a putt with everything feeling like it had for the last 2 days.

This wonderful games can really test the patience at times.

jimandr
30th April 2006, 08:39 PM
I hear you loud and clear, Ping. I had a round today that you (and Moe Norman, and Jono, and a few others) will identify with.

I still can't believe I hit 14 greens in reg, got up&down on 3 of the 4 I missed, and still shot 6 over for 37 points that should've been 41.

Fairways: 10 of 14
GIR: 14 of 18
Putts = 37, 4 three putts, no birdies
Up&Down = 3 of 4 (the other was 2 chips, then 3 putts for a triple).

I solved the Mizuno driver today, and drove the ball just beautifully, then just killed the score on the greens.

connico
1st May 2006, 09:56 AM
hungover and spitting bile on the first hole wasnt nice. Played...if you can call it played...carnarvon with 25 points. Had some lovely shots from the fairway, just couldnt make it happen on and around the green. Sand work was terrible, will need to practice from the sand..maybe today.