PDA

View Full Version : RQ Renos lookin good

dc68
24th April 2006, 11:14 AM
I have never really liked RQ as a golf course,but after caddying for my brother at pennants yesterday the renos they are doing look really good
and should improve the course out of sight.

Andrew
24th April 2006, 11:43 AM
Thommos gonna be down there in a flash

Webster
24th April 2006, 04:33 PM
About time a decent architect did some work up there.

Moe Norman
24th April 2006, 08:00 PM
I've checked it out and hopefully will get a guided tour from the architect himself or one of his staff in the coming weeks. It certainly looks like it will be twice as good as before, but I'm not sold yet. I have 2 years to think about it anyway.

What I'd like to see is Clayts and a good super let loose on BGC - then we'd have a a potential top 20 course on our hands.

Moe Norman
24th April 2006, 10:06 PM
the back 9 is on some of the better golfing land in Brisbane, the routing is excellent and most of the holes are strategically sound. There is nothing offensive there.

A good makeover, a bit of tree clearing and fix a few green complexes and there would be an outstanding course there.

Would you have said Ranfurlie was a chance for Top 10 in Melbourne prior to Clayts starting the project?

Andrew
25th April 2006, 06:45 AM
If BGC is Brisbane Golf Club

G69, you've been on GCA for a while. You should know all the great courses are initials. RMW, TOC, KH, CP, NSW, NB, etc. Obviously, Brisbane GC has entered the halls of greatness.

Lets just hope The Cut does become considered 'great', or it would be TCAPB.

Moe Norman
25th April 2006, 09:00 AM
BGC already advertise themselves as a MacKenzie course, check out the website! :shock:

Andrew
25th April 2006, 06:31 PM
Andrew
Early names mooted for that course we designed in Perth was Secret Harbour Institute for Turfgrass.

Excellent stuff.

Deano
25th April 2006, 06:53 PM
"BGC already advertise themselves as a MacKenzie course"

I haven't read the website but remember reading elsewhere that apparently
the great AM spent less than one whole day at RQ.
Dunno if that's true.
Deano

Moe Norman
25th April 2006, 07:13 PM
If he did I'd suggest he said "Not much I can do here, thats a nice fig tree though!" then left.