PDA

View Full Version : A few details regarding Sunday’s round at Royal Adelaide.

marcel
5th November 2015, 07:00 PM
Entrance to the Course is off Tapleys Hill Road, Seaton; between Grange Rd and Trimmer Pde.
The entrance road crosses the 18th fairway, look out for and give way to golfers playing the hole when you arrive and leave.

There is extensive building work going on at the moment and access to the Pro Shop is different from last year. Easiest way from the car park is to head towards the railway line and walk between it and the Pro Shop until you come to the Pro Shop entrance at its eastern end. Alternatively walk around the clubhouse, past the practice green and another 30 metres will find you at the Pro Shop entrance.

On arrival please enter your details in the Visitors book in the Pro Shop, tell them you’re with the Ozgolf group.

Entry to the Club’s daily competition is available, but not compulsory, for those with a valid Golflink #. Entry will cost you $6, register on Pro Shop computer.

Dress regulations here;
http://www.royaladelaidegolf.com.au/cms/visitors-golf/dress-code-regulations/

I usually get asked about short socks – cover the ankle, the golf club logo doesn’t have to be RAGC. Plain white is ok also. The Pro Shop has socks etc. for sale should you need anything. We won’t be using the dining room so golf attire is fine for the Clubhouse.

A bit convoluted to get to the locker room because of the building work, Pro Shop or Clubhouse staff will be able to point you in the right direction. Sunscreen and lockers available. There are also non-secure areas to hang clothes.

There is a practice range adjacent to the 1st fairway, self serve range balls are located under the small stand of trees.

Our tee times are from 11 to 11.40. I’ll endeavour to arrive by 10am and should be either in the Pro Shop or on the Clubhouse verandah adjacent to the practice green.

Bar menu (steak sandwiches, burgers, wraps etc.) available from 10am til 4pm. If you plan to order something prior to your round give yourself at least 30 mins leeway.
If you are likely to be ordering food prior to the round indicate here so I can let the kitchen know please.

Meet on the verandah no later than 10.45, Neil will advise of the seeded draw. Presentations and bullshitting on the verandah at the conclusion.

Any questions post here or pm.

Grunt
5th November 2015, 07:31 PM
Thanks Marcel. Will have been a while since Jim and I played as guests of yourself at NSW and I introduced you to the putting with a hybrid idea.

3Puttpete
5th November 2015, 07:34 PM
Excellent, cheers Marcel.

Grunt, lager and I will be there about 9 and will be ordering food when we can

Peppas
5th November 2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks for all your work organising Marcel!

thecollective
6th November 2015, 10:31 AM
fine form Marcel

See you there around 9:30

Chilled
6th November 2015, 06:36 PM
I'll be there from 5:30 practising.

*cough*....BS....*cough*. But I will endeavour to completely destroy my game for the day by practising with the free range balls prior!

timinsa
9th November 2015, 09:36 PM
See you on the terrace.

wazamac
10th November 2015, 04:41 PM
Marcel, I noticed on your website that you need a medical certificate if you want a cart, Will I need to provide one?

Hatchman
10th November 2015, 05:19 PM
Marcel, I noticed on your website that you need a medical certificate if you want a cart, Will I need to provide one?

It's normally only required in a major/status type of competition game e.g. Vardons, SA Amateur. Run of the mill club comp should not be an issue unless marcel says they are sticklers for that rule.

marcel
10th November 2015, 06:19 PM

No, they know anyone playing with me voluntarily must be sick.

just pick up and pay at pro shop, reserved under 'ozgolf'

wazamac
10th November 2015, 07:34 PM
Cheers, just noticed it on the website under visitors.

marcel
10th November 2015, 08:11 PM
Cheers, just noticed it on the website under visitors.

Yes you're right, but it's been sorted.

mrbluu
10th November 2015, 08:24 PM
There is extensive building work going on at the moment

Is this to accommodate all the ozgolf tractor parking??

wazamac
10th November 2015, 08:47 PM
Their putting in a set of Bike racks. They are going to bury some Thaxted Park players heads in the ground and pull their pants down!

marcel
10th November 2015, 08:47 PM
Is this to accommodate all the ozgolf tractor parking??

No, extra hard-stand was added 12 months ago

Chilled
11th November 2015, 07:14 AM
Dress regulations here;
http://www.royaladelaidegolf.com.au/cms/visitors-golf/dress-code-regulations/

Interesting. I wonder how strictly they enforce it. I was playing RA a couple of weeks back on a Friday and we had a guy with cargo pants, black socks, and a shirt with a massive number on the front - almost like an Ice Hockey shirt. All in my group commented and were quite surprised by it.

oldracer
11th November 2015, 07:41 AM
Interesting. I wonder how strictly they enforce it. I was playing RA a couple of weeks back on a Friday and we had a guy with cargo pants, black socks, and a shirt with a massive number on the front - almost like an Ice Hockey shirt. All in my group commented and were quite surprised by it.black socks a no no :shock:

thecollective
11th November 2015, 08:30 AM
black socks a no no :shock:

Unless you're wearing slacks which I always do - especially on tier 1

But seriously (Phil Collins) no modern day ankle socks and everyone will be fine. We don't want any Yani Tseng look-a-likes

Doesn't mean you need school teacher knee cap high knockers with shorts - the traditional Big W white tubes are the go.

TC

coalesce
11th November 2015, 09:06 AM
+1 for the courageous use of a Phil Collins reference

thecollective
11th November 2015, 09:12 AM
+1 for the courageous use of a Phil Collins reference

I was expecting a 'no sh*t sherlock' response

TC

Grunt
11th November 2015, 09:20 AM
What are defined as Club Socks? Below is straight from the RA website.

Consistent with the standards of the Club, smart attire is required at all times.

Males are required to wear collared shirts (tucked in), long trousers or tailored shorts with short club logo socks or long socks pulled up, and golf shoes without metal spikes.

Chilled
11th November 2015, 09:26 AM
Oh and that was the other thing....his shirt wasn't tucked in, multiple violation offender! :p

thecollective
11th November 2015, 09:36 AM
What are defined as Club Socks? Below is straight from the RA website.

Consistent with the standards of the Club, smart attire is required at all times.

Males are required to wear collared shirts (tucked in), long trousers or tailored shorts with short club logo socks or long socks pulled up, and golf shoes without metal spikes.

Grunt: Marcel covered this in his OP, cover the ankle with a plain white sock if wearing shorts. Just wear simple white tube socks that are shin length.

You will be fine if you do that - and make sure your laces are not colourful or loud.

TC

Lagerlover
11th November 2015, 11:24 AM
Should I be removing the pom-pom from the back of them?

Chilled
11th November 2015, 11:35 AM
Should I be removing the pom-pom from the back of them?You might be playing in a group by yourself then :p

marcel
11th November 2015, 12:11 PM
Any other likely starters for food prior to tee off?

Grunt
11th November 2015, 12:45 PM
So lime green laces are not ok?

thecollective
11th November 2015, 12:49 PM

If they came standard with the shoe you probably will be ok but might need Marcel to clarify just to be sure

If they don't look stupidly loud - like a high vis fluro colour IMO you will have no drama

TC

Ferrins
11th November 2015, 01:12 PM
Okay just packed a pair of Greg Normal slacks for the tier ones. Can I wear my poofy Colours of Benetton belt?😀

Chilled
11th November 2015, 01:22 PM
So lime green laces are not ok?I know the shoes you mean, on special for $30 right? I've worn those before at RA, with the lime laces, not a problem.

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 03:02 PM
Okay just packed a pair of Greg Normal slacks for the tier ones. Can I wear my poofy Colours of Benetton belt?[emoji3]

Worn my liquorice stripes (LM Hot Dogs) at RA last year and Country Golf Week no problems.

jimandr
11th November 2015, 03:43 PM

I'll probably just have a sandwich, depending on the after-effects of the schnitzels the previous evening.

I definitely will not be having the pulled pork and sauerkraut roll that I had last year. While it was nice, it wasn't the right thing to have for a late breakfast.

nadg63
11th November 2015, 03:44 PM

A pair of my Pumas came supplied with lime green laces, never had an issue with them at RAGC!

Chilled
11th November 2015, 04:41 PM
Worn my liquorice stripes (LM Hot Dogs) at RA last year and Country Golf Week no problems.Ever tried the flames at RA?

I'd love to try LM Disco Balls at RA :D

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 05:36 PM
Ever tried the flames at RA?

I'd love to try LM Disco Balls at RA :D

No, haven't set RA alight :D

Grange on the other hand, and I was on fire until the thunder storm and rain hit. I was extinguished rather quickly.

coalesce
11th November 2015, 05:45 PM

I'll be there early for something to eat first - not sure what yet

Peppas
11th November 2015, 05:54 PM

Yep me

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 06:09 PM
Not sure here, I have 2.5kg of short cut bacon (well 2.2kg now) in the fridge that just keeps calling me.

coalesce
11th November 2015, 06:10 PM
Eat it now, and see you on Sunday for food :)

marcel
11th November 2015, 06:21 PM
re socks, laces etc.

To quote Colonel Jessup - " Now, are these the questions I was really called here to answer?"

If anyone has sand in their vagina over what to wear here's an offer. Wear your proposed kit to dinner Saturday, I'll play Roman Emperor at The Colosseum and give thumbs up/thumbs down :lol:

Thanks for the food replies

wazamac
11th November 2015, 06:22 PM
A good strong coffee will see me through, will see what you have to eat when I get there.

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 06:26 PM
re socks, laces etc.

To quote Colonel Jessup - " Now, are these the questions I was really called here to answer?"

If anyone has sand in their vagina over what to wear here's an offer. Wear your proposed kit to dinner Saturday, I'll play Roman Emperor at The Colosseum and give thumbs up/thumbs down :lol:

Thanks for the food replies

Did your order the Code Red Marcel?

marcel
11th November 2015, 06:27 PM
Damn right I did

wazamac
11th November 2015, 06:31 PM
Don't tell me, I can't handle the truth:wink:

thecollective
11th November 2015, 06:55 PM
Marcel: could you offer assistance / recommendations for the effective cleaning of the said vagina?

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 06:59 PM
Marcel: could you offer assistance / recommendations for the effective cleaning of the said vagina?

Wire brush and Dettol :D?

Peppas
11th November 2015, 07:11 PM
Wire brush and Dettol :D?

Is that what you tell all the single mums???

marcel
11th November 2015, 08:05 PM

Stand waist deep in the water off Grange and wait for the tide to go out

thecollective
11th November 2015, 08:07 PM
What about the risk of being stung by jellyfish

marcel
11th November 2015, 09:02 PM
What about the risk of being stung by jellyfish
I think the sharks have eaten them all

timinsa
12th November 2015, 09:01 PM
My brother runs the Hotel Royal at Torrensville. Good grub there.

marcel
13th November 2015, 05:34 PM
Minor issue has arisen.

Kitchen not producing food before 10.30.

Tip 1. Order early
Tip 2. Play well Saturday so you're in a later group Sunday.

Lagerlover
14th November 2015, 02:44 AM
What's the latest on socks?

Chilled
14th November 2015, 03:18 AM
What's the latest on socks?You generally need them with shoes.

highballin
14th November 2015, 06:55 AM
Minor issue has arisen.

Kitchen not producing food before 10.30.

Tip 1. Order early
Tip 2. Play well Saturday so you're in a later group Sunday.

I better have something on the way ;)

thecollective
15th November 2015, 01:36 AM
What's the latest on socks?

Make sure you wear a pair

Ferrins
15th November 2015, 04:50 AM
Out front listening to the magpies and flicking through Jack's book.

Ferrins
15th November 2015, 05:50 AM
Having a sticky beek over the fence and ot looks awesome, pumped!

Chilled
15th November 2015, 06:15 AM
Well this is it, game day! And only a few more hours we have to listen to 3PP say "your champ"....ahh good times.

Ferrins
15th November 2015, 06:18 AM
Talk around the dinner table was eluding to the boys getting in your head and you choking your balls off.😀

Chilled
15th November 2015, 06:44 AM
Talk around my dinner table last night was that "The Champ" has lost his mojo this year :D

Ferrins
15th November 2015, 07:00 AM
His girlish length is no more and yesterday he proved he is now loooonnngggg!!

PeteyD
15th November 2015, 07:07 AM
Good luck and have fun today guys. And thanks Marcel for some awesome organising.

3Puttpete
15th November 2015, 07:09 AM
Well this is it, game day! And only a few more hours we have to listen to 3PP say "your champ"....ahh good times.

Yes, they have been haven't they

3Puttpete
15th November 2015, 07:10 AM
Talk around my dinner table last night was that "The Champ" has lost his mojo this year :D

If I have, a South Australian didn't find it.

Big day for you boys. You might break the dick and finally win something. I'm not sure you're the man to do it though

Grunt
15th November 2015, 07:25 AM

I wouldn't know.

thecollective
15th November 2015, 07:34 AM

Big day for you boys. You might break the dick and finally win something. I'm not sure you're the man to do it though

That's a bit rough 3PP, my wife cannot live without that particular body part

3Puttpete
15th November 2015, 07:45 AM
That's a bit rough 3PP, my wife cannot live without that particular body part

Most chicks survive without one

Lagerlover
15th November 2015, 07:47 AM
...do they sell west end draught?

Chilled
15th November 2015, 07:51 AM

Big day for you boys. You might break the dick and finally win something. I'm not sure you're the man to do it thoughSA will bring it home......it's time.

- Your Contender

Peppas
15th November 2015, 07:57 AM
SA will bring it home......it's time.

- Your Contender

Chilled
15th November 2015, 08:00 AM

jimandr
15th November 2015, 08:00 AM
Watch the silent type. Nudgee could be the man.
The NAGA could be the real battle. Can Peppas do the job from 5 in front?

Peppas
15th November 2015, 08:05 AM
Watch the silent type. Nudgee could be the man.
The NAGA could be the real battle. Can Peppas do the job from 5 in front?

Peppas
15th November 2015, 08:06 AM
Does the kitchen at RA sell Kitchener's?

Ferrins
15th November 2015, 08:14 AM

Can bring you one from the Grange bakery.

nadg63

Doubtful!?

Peppas
Can bring you one from the Grange bakery.

All good buddy I will find one on the way!

Peppas
15th November 2015, 08:15 AM
Doubtful!?

Ok I might pack one in my golf bag. This could be the reason for my back 9 collapses lately.

Ferrins
15th November 2015, 12:17 PM
I need one for the Epon so maybe one that sais My other driver is a Epon

jimandr
15th November 2015, 07:41 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the RA greens today. A bit of surface dirt made them a bit unpredictable. It didn't help that I was always 50 feet away and then trying to make 8 footers for the second putt.
Apart from that the course was still a golfers paradise and still my favorite.
The famous 3rd was a piece of cake with a drive to the top of the hill a safe approach beyond the flag and two putts.

3Puttpete
15th November 2015, 11:45 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the RA greens today. A bit of surface dirt made them a bit unpredictable. It didn't help that I was always 50 feet away and then trying to make 8 footers for the second putt.
The famous 3rd was a piece of cake with a drive to the top of the hill a safe approach beyond the flag and two putts.

I had two putts on 3 as well. One last year and one this year. Birdie birdie. Boom!

Hatchman
16th November 2015, 12:19 AM

Boring. Driver up on to top of sand hill, get free drop from staked tree, pitch out of sandy lie to green in reg, 2 putts.

Lagerlover
16th November 2015, 09:23 PM
Received a call today from RA, confirming the $1062 raised by the second to last group has been sent to Tourettes SA.

Great job boys!!

3Puttpete
16th November 2015, 09:31 PM
Received a call today from RA, confirming the $1062 raised by the second to last group has been sent to Tourettes SA.

Great job boys!!

So it was a 20c swear jar? I thought you were paying a dollar

Lagerlover
16th November 2015, 09:32 PM
$113 on the 16th alone...

It was awesome, and very, very funny.

nadg63
17th November 2015, 05:05 AM
So it was a 20c swear jar? I thought you were paying a dollar

$113 on the 16th alone...

It was awesome, and very, very funny.

Hahahaha

It was so funny, so funny on the 17th in fact that Lager called a wipe as he was laughing too hard to play a shot! :)