PDA

View Full Version : Will you keep Foxtel?

Craig_Syd
5th November 2015, 02:17 PM
Seems to me that now Fox has lost the EPL and will have less NRL (I think), the PGA tour is just about the only thing keeping me tied to Fox. Anyone considering get rid of it since the latest announcement?

WBennett
5th November 2015, 02:19 PM
Yes, for the motorsport, AFL and golf.

Since Villa has been complete shite, I don't watch much EPL any more. It hurts too much!

BenM
5th November 2015, 02:23 PM
I don't watch EPL either so doesn't affect me. It's the motorsport (mainly F1) and golf that'll keep me. Oh and Cricket. And Family Guy.

mrbluu
5th November 2015, 02:26 PM
Seems to me that now Fox has lost the EPL and will have less NRL (I think), the PGA tour is just about the only thing keeping me tied to Fox. Anyone considering get rid of it since the latest announcement?
No choice I'm signed up for 2 years thru Telstra Internet bundle. I still think Foxtel's IQ is the best PVR going around and I record most of the shows and sports I watch just so I can fast forward thru the ads.

Craig_Syd
5th November 2015, 02:27 PM
Yes, for the motorsport, AFL and golf.

Since Villa has been complete shite, I don't watch much EPL any more. It hurts too much!Poor soul.....

mrbluu
5th November 2015, 02:32 PM
I'm thinking Foxtel losing the EPL is a good thing for the NRL, cos I don't think they can afford to lose that as well.

backintheswing
5th November 2015, 02:49 PM
I called to cancel yesterday, mainly to get a better deal.

I was paying $84 a month for HD all the channels and sport, but no movies.

They got it down to $74 per month and threw in all movies as well. I think there is one channel I miss now, which is 115 Boxsets. This is for the next 12 months only.

Was definitely worth the call.

Craig_Syd
5th November 2015, 02:53 PM
Awesome! I'm going to do the same...

BenM
5th November 2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah I am due to renegotiate too since my free HD offer has run out. I only have the base package and sport but I'm willing to add to it if I can get a reasonable discount.

jimandr
5th November 2015, 04:18 PM
I called to cancel yesterday, mainly to get a better deal.

I was paying $84 a month for HD all the channels and sport, but no movies.

They got it down to $74 per month and threw in all movies as well. I think there is one channel I miss now, which is 115 Boxsets. This is for the next 12 months only.

Was definitely worth the call.

We have a Foxtel bargaining thread for stories of that nature. But, well done.

Foxtel Sport is my best friend, and I could not live without it. While I watch EPL, it isn't essential viewing for me.

Besides, my prediction is that Foxtel will still show it. Optus/Fetch will need a lot more than just EPL to increase their market share and actually become a genuine alternative, so I think they will do a deal with Foxtel for at least a highlights package, and maybe even the minor games live. Optus might just keep the Match Of The Day for themselves.

backintheswing
5th November 2015, 04:22 PM
We have a Foxtel bargaining thread for stories of that nature. But, well done.

Oh, so sorry that I couldn't find the correct thread. Hope I haven't ****ed up your day. What a dingdong I am.

LeftyHoges
5th November 2015, 06:00 PM
Oh, so sorry that I couldn't find the correct thread. Hope I haven't ****ed up your day. What a dingdong I am.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/1a9912700544df21d0f90bc20d74d742.jpg

Magnificent.

Jazz18
5th November 2015, 07:41 PM
I'll keep foxtel for sure. Like the movies and showcase for TV series as well as the sports. Not worried about EPL or NRL. Plenty of other stuff on Foxtel to keep me interested. Don't really watch free to air at all now.

Captain Nemo
5th November 2015, 07:43 PM
I'll keep foxtel for sure. Like the movies and showcase for TV series as well as the sports. Not worried about EPL or NRL. Plenty of other stuff on Foxtel to keep me interested. Don't really watch free to air at all now.

Same here.

kiwitown
5th November 2015, 08:04 PM

Sorry jimandr, no offence. but bits that's the best response I've seen in a while��

8081travis
5th November 2015, 08:30 PM
How on earth are Optus planning to broadcast the EPL?

Craig_Syd
5th November 2015, 08:33 PM
How on earth are Optus planning to broadcast the EPL?Streaming live soccer on adsl2 ain't gonna be pretty.....

LeftyHoges
5th November 2015, 08:34 PM

Nobody knows yet, but I'm sure it won't be good.

Optus sucks sweaty balls.

mrbluu
5th November 2015, 08:35 PM
Probably steaming on an app or computer.

oldracer
5th November 2015, 08:36 PM
love the sport but am so p!ssed at all the kn ads and program promos that they go on with, at 3.30am I do not want to watch kn ads!!!!!!!!

Grunt
5th November 2015, 08:42 PM
Will keep it but getting to the point of reducing content. Currently have the Platinum package in 2 rooms with IQ2.

icandy
5th November 2015, 09:06 PM
Just deactivated mine, I got Foxtel Play so I will start it up when Majors start again.

Haystacks
5th November 2015, 09:53 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/04/1a9912700544df21d0f90bc20d74d742.jpg

Magnificent.

Sensational

Gammon
5th November 2015, 10:45 PM
I watch tv 20 hours a week; 2 hours of Foxtel ($50 per month), 6 hours of Netflix ($13 per month) and 12 hours of Youtube (free). I think about cancelling Foxtel every few months then blow $300 on one night out and figure if I want to save money I should focus on other avenues.

If wiziwig ever streams the golf in 720 resolution I'll probably drop Foxtel. I prefer to watch team sports with the lads in a pub. I don't have kids so I'm not trapped at home very often.

oldracer
5th November 2015, 11:27 PM
I watch tv 20 hours a week; 2 hours of Foxtel ($50 per month), 6 hours of Netflix ($13 per month) and 12 hours of Youtube (free). I think about cancelling Foxtel every few months then blow $300 on one night out and figure if I want to save money I should focus on other avenues.

If wiziwig ever streams the golf in 720 resolution I'll probably drop Foxtel. I prefer to watch team sports with the lads in a pub. I don't have kids so I'm not trapped at home very often.oh to be that free

WBennett
6th November 2015, 08:13 AM
oh to be that free

He is also easy (so Nemo told me)

As much as it annoys me coughing up $120 a month, free to air TV annoys me more. So we'll keep it.

benno_r
6th November 2015, 08:50 AM
He is also easy (so Nemo told me)

As much as it annoys me coughing up $120 a month, free to air TV annoys me more. So we'll keep it.

Same here. I always feel like I am getting shafted with my Foxtel until I swap to free to air for a while.

mrbluu
6th November 2015, 08:54 AM
Same here. I always feel like I am getting shafted with my Foxtel until I swap to free to air for a while.
I think my 2 year bundle contract has left me in a quandary with Foxtel, I hope I don't get shafted!!!

Icestorm959
6th November 2015, 09:47 AM
Here's a tip: a colleague at my work has rang up to quit her foxtel subscription (including movies and sports) 3 times over the last year - each time she gets a period of months at half price, when it runs out she rings up to cancel and gets offered half off again. She's basically had the service this whole year at 50% off.

Sydney Hacker
6th November 2015, 10:12 AM
Here's a tip: a colleague at my work has rang up to quit her foxtel subscription (including movies and sports) 3 times over the last year - each time she gets a period of months at half price, when it runs out she rings up to cancel and gets offered half off again. She's basically had the service this whole year at 50% off. At the risk of suffering the wrath of BITS :) There actually is a very lengthy thread about discounts etc.

backintheswing
6th November 2015, 11:04 AM
I bumped the other thread. All us rebels who want to talk about bargaining can post in it. One thing to note, you never seem to get shafted by Foxtel.

thecollective
6th November 2015, 11:25 AM
Foxtel will end up renting the EPL from Optus.

There is no way they will not show EPL

mrbluu
6th November 2015, 11:28 AM
Foxtel will end up renting the EPL from Optus.

There is no way they will not show EPL
Supposedly the EPL is not a high rater either, even the A League rates higher.

BGH
6th November 2015, 12:11 PM
Anyone know of a legal way to watch the PGA tour in HD other than with Foxtel?

meh
6th November 2015, 12:28 PM
Supposedly the EPL is not a high rater either, even the A League rates higher.

Only due to the shit hour that it's on. The A stands for average- very very average.

mrbluu
6th November 2015, 01:03 PM
Only due to the shit hour that it's on. The A stands for average- very very average.
I never stated it was a better league or standard of game. Simple facts is it out rates the EPL.

3oneday
6th November 2015, 01:25 PM
Is that true? If they lose EPL they'd drop even further down in quality sports. Darts is already on in prime time a lot, and it's just not something I see as a spectator sport even if I was pissed.

mrbluu
6th November 2015, 01:30 PM
Is that true? If they lose EPL they'd drop even further down in quality sports. Darts is already on in prime time a lot, and it's just not something I see as a spectator sport even if I was pissed.
Is what true??

meh
6th November 2015, 02:16 PM
I never stated it was a better league or standard of game. Simple facts is it out rates the EPL.

And I stated it was only because of the hour both are on. Do you have a point or are you just being you?

mrbluu
6th November 2015, 02:18 PM
And I stated it was only because of the hour both are on. Do you have a point or are you just being you?
No I think u are just being u......

meh
6th November 2015, 02:21 PM
No I think u are just being u......

Typing "the latter" would have been shorter but kudos for consistency.

oncewasagolfer
6th November 2015, 04:55 PM
PGA Tour live?

Grunt
12th November 2015, 06:39 AM
To go against the flow I resigned with foxtel yesterday going from 2 HD Platinum IQ2 packages to that plus Broadband and home phone. Also from yesterday Platinum subscribers get Presto free.

Kaniss
12th November 2015, 05:02 PM

Been looking into this for months now and the only was we can do it is behind a VPN, then an American cable account, log into the live streaming of pgatourlive to watch each round. But still this is not 100%. I think you need an American residency address with a credit card. Big Pain in the ass.They must be stupid, why not just charge people overseas a fee to log on and watch it.

The live PGA is the only reason I have Fox, if they stopped this it would be adios. Can not stand the amount of ads they show and I already have all the documentaries and tv shows on my harddrives.

Daves
12th November 2015, 09:21 PM
Been looking into this for months now and the only was we can do it is behind a VPN, then an American cable account, log into the live streaming of pgatourlive to watch each round. But still this is not 100%. I think you need an American residency address with a credit card. Big Pain in the ass.They must be stupid, why not just charge people overseas a fee to log on and watch it.

The live PGA is the only reason I have Fox, if they stopped this it would be adios. Can not stand the amount of ads they show and I already have all the documentaries and tv shows on my harddrives.

Have you checked out Getflix?

Kaniss
16th November 2015, 03:29 PM
Have you checked out Getflix?

Not yet, but heard you can get PGA on it yes?