PDA

View Full Version : Double take clubs and golf gear

Ferrins
31st October 2015, 07:20 PM
Same thing different company. What have you seen and tried?

For me Taylormade CB 2011 forged & Mizuno JPX 800 Pro irons.

If you like something and there is something oh so similar from another brand do you try both or are you a brand snob?

Jazz18
31st October 2015, 08:52 PM
I think the new Callaway MD3 W sole grind is almost identical to the Vokey K grind. Very different from address and in the bag. The callaway looks nicer at address but looks a bit cheap IMO on the shelf. Think they'd perform really well though.

Hutchy
31st October 2015, 09:42 PM
J Beam, George spirit, crazy and TRPX are all made at the same place, same gear (Design) different names and stamps, not sure if its all in the mind but crazy works better...Sometimes the face material is the only difference.

Crazy tends to use DAT 55, probably why they go so long and feel so good.

Hutchy
31st October 2015, 09:47 PM
I think the new Callaway MD3 W sole grind is almost identical to the Vokey K grind. Very different from address and in the bag. The callaway looks nicer at address but looks a bit cheap IMO on the shelf. Think they'd perform really well though.

Thing is with wedges you can get different brands that use the same grind, in JDM land suda grind is used on Modarts, seven and Crazy protos etc, Toyoshima grind is used on Crazy toyos, yururi and seven etc.

Same with irons, when a larger company is done with its new model it gets sold as an open model and available for company's that don't use original designs or just cant afford the RAD.