PDA

View Full Version : Shaft Recommendations

Ducky
23rd April 2006, 03:19 AM
Hi everyone,

After visiting the driving range a few times over the last week, I have become fed up with the stiff flex graphite shafts (produced by Nike) that are fitted on the my driver and tour three wood.

It has reached the point where I have to hold back in order to avoid snapping the shaft and/or hitting violent snap hooks. I tried out my brothers Taylormade R580 three wood which has a MAS Ultralite 60 shaft in it, and was able to comfortably control the ball.

I use True Temper S300 shafts in my irons, so if there was a graphite shaft that was a mix between the MAS Ultralite 60 and the True Temper S300 shafts, that would be great.

Any recommendations on a fitter (in the Sydney city area) and shaft will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

pt73
23rd April 2006, 10:14 AM
My recomendation is that you see Gary Langridge at Custom Golf Services in Balgowlah, he's a very good clubmaker.

PT

BrisVegas
24th April 2006, 10:47 AM
Stiff, heavy, low-torque, stable and high kickpoint.... that's the DGS300... You could always try a DG Superlite S300 shaft in your driver! 100 grams, same characteristics...

The Hat
24th April 2006, 01:07 PM
If you get a copy of this months inside social golf

Rob Willis writes a fairly good article on "shafts" and he nominates a couple of places that could help you out

http://www.insidesocialgolf.com.au/

its item 3 have a read....it also reccomends places to go in Sydney

Crows Nest one has a good wrap. "advantage custom club makers"

Additionally only last week I did several launch monitor tests on various shafts.....my driver swing spead is consistently 107mph with a peak at 110 and a low of 104....and anyway the Pro launch blue 65r flex 230-235 44 inch shaft actually performed the best for me.....so i guess its so technical and so specific nowdays

Ducky
25th April 2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks all, I will do some more reading!