PDA

View Full Version : Volvik golf ball failure

dowdsy
30th October 2015, 09:08 AM
Yesterday playing in our scroungers comp this guy in our group (late 60s) pulled his hybrid out and hit his ball from the rough and it split clean in 2, it was a new ball at the start of the day and we were about 13 holes in not sure if he had collected many trees before that but WOW it was clean in 2, I wont be buying any of them. It was a yellow ball.

Daves
30th October 2015, 09:23 AM
I haven't used them myself, but that sounds suss to me. Volvik are a well established premium brand on the ladies tours.

wizard_of_oz
30th October 2015, 02:05 PM
Bit of an over reaction don't you think? Might be a single manufacturing defect in a batch of hundreds of thousands or even millions.

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2015, 02:20 PM
Bit of an over reaction don't you think? Might be a single manufacturing defect in a batch of hundreds of thousands or even millions.

I'll post a photo of an out of shape Titleist and we'll see if he boycotts them as well.

dowdsy
30th October 2015, 02:51 PM
I'll post a photo of an out of shape Titleist and we'll see if he boycotts them as well.
Post a photo of a titleist that has split in two and I will boycott them at 66 bucks a doz, if I paid 59 bucks for volviks I would be pissed.

Johnny Canuck
30th October 2015, 03:08 PM
Post a photo of a titleist that has split in two and I will boycott them at 66 bucks a doz, if I paid 59 bucks for volviks I would be pissed.

An out of shape ball would be worse. You could be playing it and not realise.

At least you would immediately replace that Volvik.

3oneday
30th October 2015, 03:16 PM
Must be a strong old prick!

Hatchman
30th October 2015, 03:29 PM
I still can't get past the old codger hitting out of the rough. Every one knows they bunt up the middle all day [emoji13]

dowdsy
30th October 2015, 03:33 PM

pfffft

Hatchman
30th October 2015, 03:35 PM

Anyone remember the Topflite Strata's. A mate bought a doz and the first ball he used was going a bit strange in flight for the first 3 holes. A first he though it was just the way he was swinging. On closer inspection the dimples weren't formed correctly almost to the point of not there with some on a third of the ball.
2 of the 4 sleeves were all the same.
Pro shop replaced them.

coalesce
30th October 2015, 04:34 PM
9 replies and no-one has made a joke about mineral water yet. Disappointing

mrbluu
30th October 2015, 04:40 PM
Yesterday playing in our scroungers comp this guy in our group (late 60s) pulled his hybrid out and hit his ball from the rough and it split clean in 2, it was a new ball at the start of the day and we were about 13 holes in not sure if he had collected many trees before that but WOW it was clean in 2, I wont be buying any of them. It was a yellow ball.
He would be in a real pickle with what to do with the rest of the balls if he bought a box!!!

timah!
30th October 2015, 04:42 PM
He would be in a real pickle with what to do with the rest of the balls if he bought a box!!!

He must have had some serious blast off!

dowdsy
30th October 2015, 05:22 PM
In all my years of playing golf I have never had a ball split in half, I make one comment about how I would not buy any of these balls and get hammered by a few, not really a very friendly place here sometimes. I guess only having posted 173 times makes me new meat and venerable to some.

Lagerlover
30th October 2015, 05:25 PM
Oh, that reminds me....... Why did the mineral water cross the road?

3Puttpete
30th October 2015, 05:26 PM
In all my years of playing golf I have never had a ball split in half, I make one comment about how I would not buy any of these balls and get hammered by a few, not really a very friendly place here sometimes. I guess only having posted 173 times makes me new meat and venerable to some.

Which posts hammered you?

Lagerlover
30th October 2015, 05:27 PM
Which posts hammered you? Coalesce's?

Hatchman
30th October 2015, 06:44 PM

I think your being over sensitive, hardly being hammered.

coalesce
30th October 2015, 06:55 PM

Pray tell us...

Sydney Hacker
30th October 2015, 07:00 PM
In all my years of playing golf I have never had a ball split in half, I make one comment about how I would not buy any of these balls and get hammered by a few, not really a very friendly place here sometimes. I guess only having posted 173 times makes me new meat and venerable to some. Whose alias is this? Has to be a joke.

wazamac
30th October 2015, 07:10 PM

WHY????

aussieashley
30th October 2015, 07:29 PM
Post a photo of a titleist that has split in two and I will boycott them at 66 bucks a doz, if I paid 59 bucks for volviks I would be pissed. I don't have any pics but I've seen two different ProV1x's crack. Not split in half, but a noticeable crack and ball doesn't fly properly.

markTHEblake
30th October 2015, 07:32 PM
In all my years of playing golf I have never had a ball split in half,
The first iteration of Top Flite XL were very popular, as one of the early balls available after we changed to the bigger ball here in OZ. Big hitters regularly split these in two, little me managed to put some splits in a couple. I have no idea why we kept using them, but I think there wasn't really anything else to choose from.

Admittedly, that was a long time ago...

I make one comment about how I would not buy any of these balls and get hammered by a few, not really a very friendly place here sometimes. I guess only having posted 173 times makes me new meat and venerable to some.
I didnt think you got hammered by anyone. If your name started with Lager, you would get hammered on every post you make !

benno_r
30th October 2015, 07:34 PM
I have split a Wilson, and Callaway, and seen a very sad looking ProV1. It happens.

mrbluu
31st October 2015, 09:42 PM
I guess only having posted 173 times makes me new meat and sensitive to some.

FTFY [emoji13]