PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a member of or know Roseville GC fairly well?

GuyIncognito
29th October 2015, 10:45 PM
Gents,

My club have drawn Roseville GC for Major Pennant this year, and not one player in my team has played it, due to it being private.

I have the course info from the website etc, but I was wondering if anyone here knows it well, can tell me anything useful about it, or is a member?

I will be able to have a practice round closer to when Pennant starts, but I would really like to get a bit of a headstart.

Cheers
JD

Jazz18
30th October 2015, 12:46 AM
It's had a lot of work done on it since I played it and my dad was a member a long time ago. Not very long but quite tight. Bring your iron game with you. Lots of par 3's. Some of the nicest you will ever play and some of them quite long. Holes 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all par 3's but 3-5 are really cool from memory. Holes 12-16 look new to me on the website. Not as I remember them. Fun golf course. It is a relatively short course but it can trip you up. Accuracy is paramount. Sorry I can't be more help.

pt73
3rd November 2015, 01:24 PM
Jazz is correct, it's very tight with lots of Par 3s and not many long holes, the 18th is the only Par 5.

There's one or two blind tee shots and a few doglegs but apart from that everything is pretty simple.

Jazz18
3rd November 2015, 07:50 PM
Jazz is correct, it's very tight with lots of Par 3s and not many long holes, the 18th is the only Par 5.

There's one or two blind tee shots and a few doglegs but apart from that everything is pretty simple.

I think in the redesign a few years back PT they added another par 5, the 16th maybe. Good point about the blind tee shots. I think 2 is pretty much blind from the tips and 9 and 14 are definitely blind tee shots. All par threes. There might be another on the back nine that's blind, 15 perhaps but it may have been changed as well.

pt73
4th November 2015, 01:13 PM
I played there a few years ago in a Masters Pennant match so most probably before the last set of changes as 16 was still a Par 4.

Jazz18
4th November 2015, 11:17 PM
I played there a few years ago in a Masters Pennant match so most probably before the last set of changes as 16 was still a Par 4.

Yeah that's how I remember it when I played a bit there. Haven't played there since the changes either but would love to. Fond memories of Roseville GC from when I used to walk around with my Dad when he played on Sunday mornings. Very pretty little golf course.

GuyIncognito
5th November 2015, 12:45 AM
Sounds like I'm probly going to need more than one practice round...