PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 26 October 2015

jimandr
28th October 2015, 01:19 PM
I have a very special golfing experience to report as the thread starter this week.

The weather forecast was possible showers, predicted rainfall 1 to 4mm. It rained about 9.00am, but had stopped by the time I got to the car park for my 10.47 tee time.

It started drizzling just before tee off, but was absolutely bucketing by half way down the fairway. Water was starting to pool when we reached our second green. Everything was wet by then, and the other players started making give up noises. I was happy to agree, but as we were heading toward the clubhouse anyway we played the next, a par 3. I hit a fairly lucky, but good shot to about 10 feet, so I thought I may at least get a NTP out of it. But no, not to be.

We walked in from there, and I didn't regret the decision at all.

Naturally, two hours later, the rain has stopped, but the radar suggests more rain is on the way.

So, Ozgolfers, lets see if you can beat my very high quality 5 points this week.

Dotty
28th October 2015, 01:24 PM
You've been bumped down the leaderboard.

32 points, which was as exciting as a McDonalds' menu.

jimandr
28th October 2015, 05:06 PM
You've been bumped down the leaderboard.

32 points, which was as exciting as a McDonalds' menu.

Yeah, but how many points did you have after 3 holes?

Dotty
28th October 2015, 05:51 PM
Yeah, but how many points did you have after 3 holes?
5, and you probably got me on a countback. (2/1/2)

jimandr
28th October 2015, 08:05 PM
5, and you probably got me on a countback. (2/1/2)

Nope. I had exactly the same hole by hole scores as you. But I probably would have wiped the next, a par 5 without a shot, in the torrential rain and into the wind, so I'll accept that I'm the loser.

Bitter
31st October 2015, 01:03 PM
Happy to announce I had a solid 42 points today at Royal Toukley. First decent round since the start of the year.

Dangals
31st October 2015, 01:28 PM
1st game in 4 weeks today which just happened to be the last round of the champs so course was in good nick and the greens were the best I have seen them in ages.

Some tucked pins and all tees off the plates made an interesting day but apart from 2 holes (double and triple) I played really well for 77 (hc 5). Sank nearly every putt within 10-15 ft and made some really clutch par saves today.

First outing with the M1 but just with the stock kuro Kage and hit some bombs and really looking forward to getting my rogue fitted.

Can't wait to get back out next weekend

Hard_Pan
31st October 2015, 01:58 PM
1st qualifying (stroke), round of the NH Grades Champs. Started off solidly with a par on the 1st despite all the tee blocks being placed as far back as they could possibly go but got fazed by a tree being put into play just to the right of the tee box on the 2nd and had to really scramble for a 6. And that set the trend for today. Par followed by blowout by birdie by another blowout and so forth.

Ended up with a net 69 and 35points to put me well in contention and up there the standings for next weeks second qualifier.

Really proud of myself for not dropping the bundle after a 6 the 200m par 3 8th and birdie-ing the next (a 320m par 4). Bring on week 2! :)

BenM
31st October 2015, 02:47 PM
32 points today. Started off 10 with a double. Didn't hit the ball at all well but held it together for 19 pts round the back 9 and then got even worse round the front and could only manage 13.

Scrambled well - only had 24 putts :D didn't putt on one hole though where the ball disappears after my tee shot and was never seen again.

backintheswing
31st October 2015, 03:01 PM
Absolute crud from me again. 76 and 34 points. I hit 13 greens and had 5 over. Is this how peppas feels after golf.

davidw88
31st October 2015, 03:50 PM
73 with 69 nett for the first round of our annual open event. Started storming after I finished so the ones out on the course had to come in, was leading when I left hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow for the final round.

Jazz18
31st October 2015, 09:18 PM
Nett 72 in last round of champs. 82 off the stick with 2 shanks that lead to 2 doubles and missed two putts inside 3 feet. Not happy Jan. Won the nett A reserve for the four rounds though so pretty happy with that.

Wardy101
31st October 2015, 10:44 PM
confirmed my hack status with a round at The Vines (Ellenbrook course) today with mates. 31 over which even for me is abysmal. 22 over for the first nine holes which included two lost balls off the tee and the 9th hole where two swings of the 5W and one 3W moved the balled a total of 20m. Too say I was having to work very hard to maintain my cool at the turn is an understatement.

Back 9 was complete opposite with a 45 and managing a nice 200m hybrid onto the green on the 12th. Putting was OK. Mid-irons and woods were rubbish all day.

Mate cracked his driver head so spent majority of the day out driving me with my own driver

Johnno
1st November 2015, 12:25 AM
First round with the new sticks so wasn't sure what to expect,especially with course off the back plates and some hard pins. Apart from a couple of shanks hit them pretty well. Finished with 91/69. Picked up $30 bucks for low gross in my grade. Did my usual and 3 putted 3 out of 4 birdie chances to walk off with bogeys, did manage to pull off a couple of flop shots over bunkers Mickelson would have been proud of though.

LarryLong
1st November 2015, 07:14 AM
Par round. I was -3 after three, all one pointers. Finished with -4 in the end. One of my playing partners hit a hybrid and nailed another bloke's bag about 50m away as he was walking to his ball. About 2 seconds after it hit, he yelled fore. Very funny. I played OK, but the highlight was blading a bunker shot 100m on the last. I grabbed my two wedges and ran off to hit it back and realised I didn't have enough club to make the distance.

coalesce
2nd November 2015, 01:48 PM
Operation tank for champs had a blow yesterday with -1 in a par event (although I was +1 with 2 holes to go) good enough to win a ball - woo! So having got 2 double bungers back for the first time in a while, I immediately hand one of them back!

Having said that, 2 bag changes I made went really well - I put my old Cobra Baffler Rail 3w back in the bag and had good results with it, and swapping my 4i for a 3i gave me a club of the right length for one of the par 3s on my home course, along with being better suited for low shots out from the trees.

wazamac
2nd November 2015, 09:12 PM
1st game back for 5 weeks yesterday ( albeit in a cart). -12 in a par round. Considering that I am trying to make big changes to my swing from my lessons with the Pro, it wasn't all bad.
OH, and I dropped another 0.3 off for the champs. Another flag to go next week as well.

Hatchman
2nd November 2015, 09:45 PM
1st game back for 5 weeks yesterday ( albeit in a cart). -12 in a par round. Considering that I am trying to make big changes to my swing from my lessons with the Pro, it wasn't all bad.
OH, and I dropped another 0.3 off for the champs. Another flag to go next week as well.

The Little Engine That Could, chugga, chugga, chugga, chugga, toot toot.

wazamac
2nd November 2015, 10:55 PM
Hey, even you have witnessed the 200m putts with my driver over the last two months!

Hatchman
3rd November 2015, 11:13 AM
Hey, even you have witnessed the 200m putts with my driver over the last two months!

I prefer the 50-80m ones that try to hide in bushes or long grass.