PDA

View Full Version : Where to play in Melbourne if I can't get on the Sandbelt?

FuzzyJuzzy
21st October 2015, 03:24 PM
Gents,

Just found out I'll be in Melbourne next Wednesday for work and will have the morning free. I know it's ladies day on Wednesday morning at most courses, and I've gone back over the emails I sent to all the Sandbelt courses prior to when I was in Melbourne back in July. They were pretty much all unavailable on Wednesday morning, except for Metro (which I played) and Huntingdale. If I can't get on at Huntingdale, where else is worth playing in Melbourne that isn't the Sandbelt? I'll be flying down on the first flight for the day and have to be at Eastland shopping centre a little before 1430. Any ideas?
Thanks Gents, FJ.

spanner039
21st October 2015, 03:40 PM
You should be able to get a game at Keysborough Wednesdays in the members Comp, not far from East link.

Shoot them an email

FuzzyJuzzy
21st October 2015, 03:45 PM
You should be able to get a game at Keysborough Wednesdays in the members Comp, not far from East link.

Shoot them an email

How's the course mate? Looks decent on its site. Is Keysborough one of those quasi-Sandbelt courses that isn't on the Sandbelt but is nearby? Thanks.

spanner039
21st October 2015, 04:11 PM
How's the course mate? Looks decent on its site. Is Keysborough one of those quasi-Sandbelt courses that isn't on the Sandbelt but is nearby? Thanks.

Pretty darn good!!! you wont be disappointed

LeftyHoges
21st October 2015, 04:45 PM
Be surprised if you couldn't get a game at:
Kingswood
Keysborough
Patterson Lakes
Northern
Or if you were willing to venture a little further south:
Peninsula
Long Island
Cranbourne

All tracks worthy of playing that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

BGH
21st October 2015, 04:47 PM

It isn't sandbelt style (claybelt?) but not a bad course. Was pleasantly surprised when I played there.

BGH
21st October 2015, 04:48 PM
BTW where is Eastwood shopping centre?

LeftyHoges
21st October 2015, 04:50 PM
BTW where is Eastwood shopping centre?

Sydney. :lol:

RobNewy
21st October 2015, 05:09 PM
If you are in the Eastside, ring Eastern.

Shouldnt be a problem

RobNewy
21st October 2015, 05:11 PM
Do you mean Eastland thats getting the massive reno?

FuzzyJuzzy
21st October 2015, 06:45 PM
Do you mean Eastland thats getting the massive reno?

That's the one. I meant Eastland, not Eastwood:(. Target is flying me down to tour their new store and shoot the shit with their CEO for the arvo. But I wouldn't come to Melbourne and not play golf...that'd be foolish now:).

spanner039
21st October 2015, 07:32 PM
Be surprised if you couldn't get a game at:
Kingswood
Keysborough
Patterson Lakes
Northern
Or if you were willing to venture a little further south:
Peninsula
Long Island
Cranbourne

All tracks worthy of playing that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

I think that keysborough is the only one where it isnt ladies day on Wednesdays

RobNewy
22nd October 2015, 05:42 AM
Eastern is ladies on Tuesday

Pingsta
22nd October 2015, 11:38 AM
Long Island is Ladies on Wednesday mornings, men's comps on Tues & Thurs.

I think Peninsula is the same, pity you could extend your stay another day as I'm sure the options would have opened up for playing a round with a member of one of these courses.

Scifisicko
22nd October 2015, 04:52 PM
Men on wed. arvo at peninsula...after ladies. Will be too late for you.

Boonie
26th October 2015, 04:22 PM
If you don't mind a drive get an early tee time at St.Andrews Beach. Easily the best course mentioned yet, and public. Good midweek rates.

Top 10 course in the country. You'll be an hour from Eastland in no traffic - but probably should allow 90 minutes to be sure you get there.

LoveGolf2012
26th October 2015, 09:53 PM
Try Kingston Heath mate to as an interstate visitor.Im a member at Northern,but 3 holes are being rebuilt so not best time right now to play it.

Boonie
27th October 2015, 01:20 PM
No good Wed at Kingston Heath. Comp day

PeteyD
27th October 2015, 02:16 PM
If you don't mind a drive get an early tee time at St.Andrews Beach. Easily the best course mentioned yet, and public. Good midweek rates.

Top 10 course in the country. You'll be an hour from Eastland in no traffic - but probably should allow 90 minutes to be sure you get there.

My favourite of the non sandbelt courses we have played at Vic champs.

spanner039
27th October 2015, 02:31 PM
My favourite of the non sandbelt courses we have played at Vic champs.

and pretty much empty weekdays with a cart you can scoot around in well under 4 makes up for the travel time which is mostly toll way.

simmsy
27th October 2015, 05:44 PM
but if travelling with the likes of you is a once in a lifetime event not to be missed.

arghhhh miss our days together Spanner.

missed a great photo opportunity the other day, she was a nurse :)

spanner039
27th October 2015, 06:35 PM
but if travelling with the likes of you is a once in a lifetime event not to be missed.

arghhhh miss our days together Spanner.

missed a great photo opportunity the other day, she was a nurse :)

Ive matured since those days, Im now a very serious IIndividual

in uniform ?

FuzzyJuzzy
27th October 2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the help Lads. Keysborough's got a member-swap day thing on tomorrow, so no go. I had a spot at Huntingdale, but looks like I won't be able to fit in any golf tomorrow. Spewing. Huntingdale would be mint too, with The Masters around the corner. Totally bummed man...

simmsy
27th October 2015, 08:11 PM
Ive matured since those days, Im now a very serious IIndividual

in uniform ?

Hell Yeah!