PDA

View Full Version : Golows tri annual sale on BSG.

gazgolf1
25th July 2004, 03:55 PM
"ATTENTION WE ARE THE HOING POLICE"

"JASTER MEREEL STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER"

"YOU MUST RESIST BUYING GOLOWS STUFF"

His pictures make it tough to resist. :wink:

terryand
25th July 2004, 04:43 PM
Heard about it already,Jaster has lined be up a bargin....Thanks mate :smt023

Terry.

jaster
25th July 2004, 06:25 PM
I had first dibs on everything 8) :smt026

Sad story actually as I lined myself up a nice putter (PING Craz-E) and driver (GBB2 with Graf blue) and also got Terry a nice present ;) Then golow tells me today that he was down at his local public (municipal) course and the Craz-E gets stolen along with 2 wedges of his friends when they went into the halfway house :( I am spewing :evil:

Looks like I am going to have to buy something else now ;)

nick
25th July 2004, 06:35 PM
Why did you sell your 2 ball, its a great putter.

I suppose you'd be able to find CRAZ-E's every now and then over the internet, if the face was just a little bit harder, I would buy one of them.

Nick

jaster
25th July 2004, 06:42 PM
2 Ball MID is a great putter, still in my possesion but hopefully not for too much longer ;) I am wanting to move away from the belly putter as I am too inconsistent with it from any distance. Close range it is very good but once I get over 25ft I find it very hard to hit lag putts. My short putter doesn't have this problem :)

nick
25th July 2004, 06:44 PM
AHA, finally going to a real putter, ey mate?

What style of putter can you see yourself with?

Nick

jaster
25th July 2004, 06:51 PM
I putted with a short putter up until June this year :roll:, I am back using my PING Anser at the moment and holing a few putts but it is too light so I might look at getting something similar with a bit more weight ;) Unless I pick up a real bargain MOI or something I would love to try the G2i series.

nick
25th July 2004, 06:54 PM
I think the G2i series is the worst thing that has ever happened to PING putters, the insert is terrible and they are way, way too light.

I think the PING G2 series are really under-rated, have you tried any of those? I have had a go of the G@ titanium Anser one and that is an awesome putter.

Nick

gazgolf1
25th July 2004, 06:59 PM
Hard to go back to Ping putters after putting with a Scotty or my Trihot.
Pings feel so light. :o
I think thats what Ping will have to look at next,350gm or heavier.

jaster
25th July 2004, 07:00 PM
The Titanium Anser is not made for us people who hit the ball from the "right" side (think about it ;)) so I have not tried it, looks smick!

I think the G2i series is great, roll a few styles around when I get a chance at Golf Shops and love the feel of the insert. So does Mark Hensby, Lee Westood, Gregory Havret and Miguel Angel Jimenez ;)

gazgolf1
25th July 2004, 07:00 PM

nick
25th July 2004, 07:02 PM
Haha, right side, I get it.

So your looking at a G2i ey? Just a work of advice, get rid of the stock grip cause it gets all dirty and worn after about a day!

Nick

jaster
25th July 2004, 07:03 PM

goughy has an Anser 3 Black Oxide and it has a great feel, the one thing a light putter gives you is a great aggressive stroke. Having used heavy putters for a while going back to a light putter has been great, although as my Anser is 2" shorter than standard and has a sound slot it is a little lighter than normal :( Just needs about 20 grams to make it 330gm again.

Jarro
25th July 2004, 07:05 PM
SCOTTY CAMERON :D

had 24 putts today 8)

jaster
25th July 2004, 07:08 PM
Haha, right side, I get it.

So your looking at a G2i ey? Just a work of advice, get rid of the stock grip cause it gets all dirty and worn after about a day!

Nick

I'm on the lookout for any bargains mate ;) I actually like the PIPER G2i (like the Odyssey WH #5) style and feel that a mallet is easier than the anser style to lag putt. I might even try a long putter soon :)

jaster
25th July 2004, 07:09 PM
SCOTTY CAMERON :D

had 24 putts today 8)

For 9 holes?? That sux :P How many greens did you hit and what was your Gross?? ;)

nick
25th July 2004, 07:12 PM
A long putter ey?

Remeber that broomstick Petie Lonard was using a while back, he said it was an Australian company, seemed to work pretty well for him, any idea who makes them?

Nick

jaster
25th July 2004, 07:18 PM
I'll only use a B90/2Ball or Big Sur. Lonard was using a Zen Oracle, I think they are a US company, he is now using the weirdest putter I have seen in ages. It looks like a boat, it has PENDULUM written on the back??