PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the fade

Matt 3 Jab
19th October 2015, 10:21 AM
Hi all

Wondering how to tackle my hook.

I'm trying to see how people hit the fade.

I can usually do a "hold off" fade by holding the wrists longer, but I can't seem to start the ball left enough. Especially with the driver and longer clubs.

How do people tackle this??

Advice to stop hooking the ball??

Daves
19th October 2015, 10:27 AM
Have a look a the Crossfield video linked in this thread;

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/45883-golf-is-fun-again

If you are hitting a hook, it usually means you are swinging around you body, and not rotating you body around your spine properly. Often caused by trying to take the club back too far in side. If you have a look through his videos, you will find a couple more on the subject, that should be helpful.

JADO75
19th October 2015, 11:21 AM
I can hit a cut shot with a silent N

Hard_Pan
19th October 2015, 12:08 PM
I hook when my hands are too high. I try to keep my hands low and aim slightly left (right hander), with an open club face and stance for a fade.

3Puttpete
19th October 2015, 12:16 PM
I can hit a cut shot with a silent N shont?

markTHEblake
19th October 2015, 12:18 PM
Hi all Wondering how to tackle my hook. I'm trying to see how people hit the fade. I can usually do a "hold off" fade by holding the wrists longer, but I can't seem to start the ball left enough. Especially with the driver and longer clubs. How do people tackle this?? Advice to stop hooking the ball?? You have no hope of fixing this by asking other choppers. Get a lesson.

Scifisicko
19th October 2015, 12:46 PM
my choperness not withstanding, the same way you hit a slice in table tennis...make the path out to in. From what you've said re not being able to start it left enough could be a simple fix. A traffic cone behind you wil make you do this.

3oneday
19th October 2015, 12:49 PM
Ask Razaar.

JADO75
19th October 2015, 12:58 PM
Please don't

live4golf
19th October 2015, 01:05 PM
Buy something. New putters help with fades.

virge666
19th October 2015, 01:24 PM
You play Tennis

How do you do it with a tennis racket ? You "holding off" as you put it is just coming through with a open clubface. which is why you are hitting block cuts.

it is a game of maths. (Lets ignore D-Plane for those who want to get too technical)

The basic ball flight laws are such

- Ball will start off on whatever direction the clubface is pointing at impact.
- The ball will bend depending on the path to target line.

So, if you want a nice fade that starts out straight - just come a couple of degrees from the outside with a square clubface.
If you want a nice push draw, which is what we all seem to want, come from the inside a couple of degrees with a open clubface.

Where most of you choppers get it wrong is trying to draw the ball with a closed clubface swinging from the inside - which is a snap hook. If you are hitting hooks - your club face is closed at impact. If you want to stop hitting hooks. Dont have a closed face at impact.

Easy

Matt 3 Jab
19th October 2015, 01:47 PM
You play Tennis

How do you do it with a tennis racket ? You "holding off" as you put it is just coming through with a open clubface. which is why you are hitting block cuts.

it is a game of maths. (Lets ignore D-Plane for those who want to get too technical)

The basic ball flight laws are such

- Ball will start off on whatever direction the clubface is pointing at impact.
- The ball will bend depending on the path to target line.

So, if you want a nice fade that starts out straight - just come a couple of degrees from the outside with a square clubface.
If you want a nice push draw, which is what we all seem to want, come from the inside a couple of degrees with a open clubface.

Where most of you choppers get it wrong is trying to draw the ball with a closed clubface swinging from the inside - which is a snap hook. If you are hitting hooks - your club face is closed at impact. If you want to stop hitting hooks. Dont have a closed face at impact.

Easy

Agree! But that feeling of the underhand slice is gone. Sad.

Will try the "hook reduction" tip. Thanks!

Scifisicko
19th October 2015, 01:51 PM
Good from virge except the last bit. Face should be closed to the target to hit a pull fade. Path just has to be more inside than the face is closed. As youve said you are aready hitting fades that arent starting left enough you need a closed face. Go hit some half shots with your 6 iron. Should be able to spin it like a table tennis ball.