PDA

View Full Version : Driver recomendations-gotta get rid of the superfast

magman
19th October 2015, 04:00 AM
I been playing my tm superfast 2.0 burner for about 4 years, drivers go in the bag but after two weeks to a month, the superfast is back in. It is looking battlescared and i don't look like an ozgolfer with a 4yr old driver in the bag.

Any recomendaions on a driver that is similar? Tried the 913's in d3 and d2, liked shaping them, but they no where near as long or forving as the superfast. Tried the calaway bb, hate callaway drivers. Tried the ping g25. I was keen on the aeroburner, but reviews say it was no where near the superfast.

Love the feel of the light driver and shaft. Anyone got recomendations on a similiar but new driver.

Other drivers i really enjoyed prior in the past were the cobra SZ unlimited series, and a jdm tm XR05, but had to get rid of em as they wernt conforming.

mrbluu
19th October 2015, 04:30 AM
I been playing my tm superfast 2.0 burner for about 4 years, drivers go in the bag but after two weeks to a month, the superfast is back in. It is looking battlescared and i don't look like an ozgolfer with a 4yr old driver in the bag.

Any recomendaions on a driver that is similar? Tried the 913's in d3 and d2, liked shaping them, but they no where near as long or forving as the superfast. Tried the calaway bb, hate callaway drivers. Tried the ping g25. I was keen on the aeroburner, but reviews say it was no where near the superfast.

Love the feel of the light driver and shaft. Anyone got recomendations on a similiar but new driver.

Other drivers i really enjoyed prior in the past were the cobra SZ unlimited series, and a jdm tm XR05, but had to get rid of em as they wernt conforming.
I played the SF TP 2.0 for a couple of years before switching to the JetSpeed (which is still in the bag). I find the JetSpeed very similar. Reason I did switch away from the SF was to use the RedTie and I didn't want to reshaft the SF. It's still in the spares corner as will come out if I ever start struggling.

If your SF is still working, keep it and buy a new head cover or something. Maybe bring it out with a new grip.

meh
19th October 2015, 05:40 AM
Just my opinion but the jetspeed is far more forgiving than the super fast. Try an aeroburner and if you like it, get a black head from the states.

Hatchman
19th October 2015, 05:47 AM
Cobra BiO Cell + with the Red Tie they come with is well worth a go.
Found it surprisingly good in so many ways. Easy to hit consistently, the very good get out there and I've found it to be more forgiving than any other driver I've used.

Gammon
19th October 2015, 06:39 AM
Cobra BiO Cell + with the Red Tie they come with is well worth a go.
Found it surprisingly good in so many ways. Easy to hit consistently, the very good get out there and I've found it to be more forgiving than any other driver I've used.
I have no brand loyalty at all (5 manufacturers in my bag). I found the standard Bio cell head best for me last year but the standard shaft options were poor, I think the + had much better shaft options from memory. Great club if you hit every inch of the face like me.

Captain Nemo
19th October 2015, 07:00 AM
Yeh but when you hit the middle, Sonic Boom!

dowdsy
19th October 2015, 10:08 AM
I have always been a tm man but recently switched to Callaway and just love my xr pro best driver I have hit heaps less spinny than my sldr. JMO

Daves
19th October 2015, 10:12 AM
Which version, and what loft is your current Superfast 2.0?

Jazz18
19th October 2015, 10:28 AM
I played the SF TP 2.0 for a couple of years before switching to the JetSpeed (which is still in the bag). I find the JetSpeed very similar. Reason I did switch away from the SF was to use the RedTie and I didn't want to reshaft the SF. It's still in the spares corner as will come out if I ever start struggling.

If your SF is still working, keep it and buy a new head cover or something. Maybe bring it out with a new grip.

Wait a minute. You're seriously suggesting a regrip,and a new headcover over buying a new driver? Shame on you ;)

mrbluu
19th October 2015, 10:40 AM
Wait a minute. You're seriously suggesting a regrip,and a new headcover over buying a new driver? Shame on you ;)
U forgot the "something"....the something could be a 3 wood or new set of irons and a putter etc ;)

billp
19th October 2015, 10:50 AM
If you don't want to spend too much, go a bio cell, excellant driver. If you do want to spend a lot any of this years drivers are amazing, you just need to find the one that works the best for you.

For me it's the latest Great Big Bertha, blew everything else away that I tried, but we are all very different.

Jazz18
19th October 2015, 11:27 AM
U forgot the "something"....the something could be a 3 wood or new set of irons and a putter etc ;)

Very poor enabling mate. Not good enough. You should be way more specific. :)