PDA

View Full Version : Golf matters.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:03 AM

benno_r
14th October 2015, 10:14 AM
Maybe the secret sellers had a wing about my prices being to low (non profit) every one would have ended up contacting my mate direct in the end anyway. so much for helping a forum and helping a small independent ozy business.

I said it on you last post and I'll say it again Hutchy. It's getting into tin foil hat territory thinking the secret sellers society had a whinge at your low prices. The truth is they are not the lowest prices that a lot of that gear can be got for on Ozgolf.

Not to say your prices were terrible because they sure beat retail.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:25 AM
Well that was the point Ben, it was to help those that cant. So why pull it if it is helping members get a better deal. Do others sell on here?

If it is for me (personal item) I get at distributor prices out of Japan and other places, but I am honest enough not to use (my price) for other people, the prices I gave were for other people who go buy retail, no profit for me.

Actually brochured a lot of deals out of Japan for my contact so I dont need to go just one man.

That is not the point here!

The point is accusing me of calling people idiots and making a profit. If I want call someone an idiot I will. And if I wanted to make a profit I can think of better forums and products I can spend my time on!

Pulling the post without a PM or a sorry hutch not allowed on here buddy....there are ways of doing things are there not, its called manners.

backintheswing
14th October 2015, 10:38 AM
I'm sure the mods will be happy that you have resurrected it though. GLWS

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 10:41 AM
Posting things on time, posting things at all. That is called manners.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:43 AM
I'm sure the mods will be happy that you have resurrected it though. GLWS

I am sure they will...I don't care either way, nuthn in it for me. Weather I help people or not my position remains the same.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:46 AM
Mate you are an Idiot...Go annoy someone who cares. Its clear you are the forum fool. Go play with a bus or start another forum!

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 10:49 AM
Mate you are an Idiot...Go annoy someone who cares. Its clear you are the forum fool. Go play with a bus or start another forum! There is no need to be upset buddy.

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2015, 10:57 AM
There is no need to be upset buddy.

Troll.

PS, how did he know that you were post that comment on a bus?

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 11:02 AM
Troll.PS, how did he know that you were post that comment on a bus? He must be watching me. PS. Good English.

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2015, 11:04 AM
He must be watching me. PS. Good English.

Post. It's the same as disappoint.

benno_r
14th October 2015, 11:06 AM
Troll.

PS, how did he know that you were post that comment on a bus?

He must be watching me. PS. Good English.

Post. It's the same as disappoint.

Cmon, keep it on topic lads.

3oneday
14th October 2015, 11:24 AM
Watch out, Ben might express his disappointment with some of you (again) :lol:

At the end of the day, Hutchy was always going to come on here and sell stuff, he knew the rules and bided his time, unlike some others.

Everyone can make up their own minds as to whether they want to pay what his distributors charge. If he gets subsequent better prices because of it or not is moot. He isn't the only one doing it, and if he was profiting, he's probably not the only one doing that either.

It's no different to winning a Drummonds voucher and flogging it for mine, but that's just me.

I think the forums issue appears to be that this is all that is happening, one JDM thing followed by shafts/ferrules etc. He has an audience of about 5 where it comes to JDM. The fella bashing the keyboard in his defence is the only one out of line, Hutchy was coping just fine.

He is contributing in other threads, so I think Ben should have just removed the other posts and let the guy sell, unless there is something I am missing. He's not outside the rules.

Either everyone starts to ignore it or it continues to go round and round. Yoss, if he didn't post something on time I think we get that now and thanks for the heads up. Next time I buy JDM I'll keep it in mind :lol:

mrbluu
14th October 2015, 11:39 AM
Watch out, Ben might express his disappointment with some of you (again) [emoji38]

At the end of the day, Hutchy was always going to come on here and sell stuff, he knew the rules and bided his time, unlike some others.

Everyone can make up their own minds as to whether they want to pay what his distributors charge. If he gets subsequent better prices because of it or not is moot. He isn't the only one doing it, and if he was profiting, he's probably not the only one doing that either.

It's no different to winning a Drummonds voucher and flogging it for mine, but that's just me.

I think the forums issue appears to be that this is all that is happening, one JDM thing followed by shafts/ferrules etc. He has an audience of about 5 where it comes to JDM. The fella bashing the keyboard in his defence is the only one out of line, Hutchy was coping just fine.

He is contributing in other threads, so I think Ben should have just removed the other posts and let the guy sell, unless there is something I am missing. He's not outside the rules.

Either everyone starts to ignore it or it continues to go round and round. Yoss, if he didn't post something on time I think we get that now and thanks for the heads up. Next time I buy JDM I'll keep it in mind [emoji38]
This is a sensible post, has your account been hacked?? [emoji39]

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 11:56 AM
Watch out, Ben might express his disappointment with some of you (again) :lol:

Either everyone starts to ignore it or it continues to go round and round. Yoss, if he didn't post something on time I think we get that now and thanks for the heads up. Next time I buy JDM I'll keep it in mind :lol:

This is one of the fairest assesmants I have heard on here.

I will say though you cant jump on anyone who has chosen to defend me, probably only a few people anyway. Ant to be honest backing me at certain points did cool things down in that moment so cheers for those that did.

Topnbottom is would members like to see such a price list and have a point of contact for cheap gear (not me) I would brochure the initial contact but after that you would go direct.

Maybe the members can say what they want, after all it is a members forum and not owned by the admin.

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 11:57 AM
Errr it is owned by the admin.

backintheswing
14th October 2015, 11:59 AM
I thought benno_r bought it

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 12:02 PM
And am sure if my contact was dealing with blokes on here he may sponsor ozgolf days (champs) with prizes and such.

Is that not of benefit also?

D22marshall
14th October 2015, 12:04 PM
Watch out, Ben might express his disappointment with some of you (again) :lol:At the end of the day, Hutchy was always going to come on here and sell stuff, he knew the rules and bided his time, unlike some others.Everyone can make up their own minds as to whether they want to pay what his distributors charge. If he gets subsequent better prices because of it or not is moot. He isn't the only one doing it, and if he was profiting, he's probably not the only one doing that either. It's no different to winning a Drummonds voucher and flogging it for mine, but that's just me.I think the forums issue appears to be that this is all that is happening, one JDM thing followed by shafts/ferrules etc. He has an audience of about 5 where it comes to JDM. The fella bashing the keyboard in his defence is the only one out of line, Hutchy was coping just fine.He is contributing in other threads, so I think Ben should have just removed the other posts and let the guy sell, unless there is something I am missing. He's not outside the rules.Either everyone starts to ignore it or it continues to go round and round. Yoss, if he didn't post something on time I think we get that now and thanks for the heads up. Next time I buy JDM I'll keep it in mind :lol:
Well put

WBennett
14th October 2015, 12:05 PM
And am sure if my contact was dealing with blokes on here he may sponsor ozgolf days (champs) with prizes and such.

Is that not of benefit also?

Has he yet?

mrbluu
14th October 2015, 12:09 PM
I thought benno_r bought it
Maybe Peppas should buy it and fill the place with focused nonchalance!!!

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 12:22 PM
Has he yet?

No but I can ask the question. He has sponsored days for my comps.

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 12:28 PM
No but I can ask the question. He has sponsored days for my comps.

I thought you didn't play comps?

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 12:32 PM
No I just sponsor them and run them. anything else. Bus not big enough?

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 12:35 PM
No I just sponsor them and run them. anything else. Bus not big enough?

You are so full of giving. Maybe you could sponsor my bus ride into work.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 12:35 PM
Only if your the entertainment for the day.

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 12:38 PM
I'll dance the dance of my people Hutchy.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 12:41 PM
The lolly pop kids

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Lollipop-Kids-e1328540936428.jpg

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 12:43 PM
**** you even know what my hair looks like.

backintheswing
14th October 2015, 12:45 PM
Don't mention hair. It gets Pepps excited

3oneday
14th October 2015, 12:57 PM
Is there a frangipani bus hybrid available in 18°?

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 01:01 PM
Crazy 18

goughy
14th October 2015, 01:18 PM
I'll dance the dance of my people Hutchy.
I'm so hoping it looks like this

https://youtu.be/6XXjj0lNi48

BenM
14th October 2015, 02:46 PM
Yet another case of administration censoring and leaving what they think is ok....so its ok to point the finger and call someone a profiteer and accuse them of calling every one on here idiots.

But when I point out the administrators job is to be neutral and not accuse members it gets pulled.

Do members sell other gear on here...balls...clothes.

Just sayin!!!

Maybe the secret sellers had a wing about my prices being to low (non profit) every one would have ended up contacting my mate direct in the end anyway. so much for helping a forums members get better deals and helping a small independent ozy business.

If anyone wants to know my contact and get wholesale prices PM me and I will pass his number on and just say hutchy sent you for wholesale prices

Nippon
Kbs
Shimada
Tour AD
Mitsubishi
Fujikura

Iomic
golf pride
lamkin
Pure grips
Grip master

Epon
Seven
Geotech
S Yard
Royal collection...etc

Anything you want in all brands and accessories Just ask him and he has it. At way less than you will get anywhere unless you personally know the distributor for the item required.

He is the oz distributor for most gear on this list.

You know what? I shouldn't have said what I said in a closed thread where you couldn't reply. I'm sorry for that - but you do have the option of sending a PM yourself, instead of blowing up about it. But you didn't and you chose to do this so I will respond the same way.

Having said all that, I stand by what I said. The Pro Shop is designed for non commercial listings of people selling their own gear. At least one other person reported the post and felt that your thread pushed those boundaries. There is no secret sellers cartel that's out to get you.

As for the rest, you really do seem to have a comprehension problem and a persecution complex.

I didn't call you a profiteer. I said there's something in it for you. You yourself complained about the effort involved in arranging those deals. Nobody does that out of the goodness of your heart. You might not make profit on the deal but I bet you get a lot of goodwill out of your supplier out of it at the very worst, that's why everyone is supposed to tell him Hutchy sent them, right? It's called referrals and it's insidious because it's impossible to see what kickbacks people are getting. I have seen it in dozens of forms and I know it when I see it. You can protest as much as you want, I don't think I'll believe you.

I didn't accuse you of calling everyone else idiots. But you sure seem to think we are by the way you have behaved on here across multiple threads, evading questions about postage, and pretending you sell all this stuff just because you're a nice guy. Nobody goes to this much trouble just because they're a nice guy. Especially here where this forum is so unprofitable (apparently) and has been so hostile to you from the start (mostly because of the way you've responded to legitimate questions and feedback). I know I wouldn't have hung around, it beats me why you do - unless you are getting something out of it.

As for being neutral; my job is to try and ensure the rules are followed - and the reasons the rules are there is to try and keep it fair for everyone. The reason why there is a rule about no commercial selling (and I would suggest that drop shipping falls under that) is because once one starts, it becomes a free for all. We have actually made exceptions for certain people where there has been a good case for it. Good luck getting that with the attitude you have to this forum and it's members.

Thanks again for showing us all your true colours, buddy.

sms316
14th October 2015, 03:30 PM
What's the difference between Hutchy and old mate that flogs the Sligo gear?

Johnny Canuck
14th October 2015, 03:35 PM
**** you even know what my hair looks like.

This made me lol.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing

THe only difference I can see is that Ray posts promptly.

BenM
14th October 2015, 03:35 PM

Mainly the fact that he asked for an exception and was allowed one based on some criteria that we set. It was all discussed fairly publicly at the time.

He also isn't drop shipping, he's importing the gear himself and on selling it.

sms316
14th October 2015, 03:37 PM
Mainly the fact that he asked for an exception and was allowed one based on some criteria that we set. It was all discussed fairly publicly at the time. Does Sligo man pay a commission to the forum?

BenM
14th October 2015, 03:52 PM
Does Sligo man pay a commission to the forum?

Nope, nothing goes to the forum, but he has donated prizes to a number of events and brought a metric truckload of gear to Vic champs this year.

The criteria and reasons why an exception was allowed were discussed and I mentioned them at http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/40984-Pro-Shop-Commercial-Sales?p=1139235&viewfull=1#post1139235 so we have been quite transparent about it in my view. And I would say that at this point Hutchy wouldn't meet some of those criteria.

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 04:19 PM
Posting to stop it appearing as BenM
BenM

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 09:07 PM
Ok lets do it right.

Can I get the gear in and then pass the deals on to the other members, same as sligo.

I will donate good prizes for the champs.

If I can operate under the same rule that will still make good deals for the members.

BenM
14th October 2015, 09:29 PM
Ok lets do it right.

Can I get the gear in and then pass the deals on to the other members, same as sligo.

I will donate good prizes for the champs.

If I can operate under the same rule that will still make good deals for the members.

It's not me you need to convince - ultimately it's Andy's site and his decision but I'm sure he'll listen to feedback from moderators and users. What's in it for you?

FuzzyJuzzy
14th October 2015, 09:29 PM
And here I was about to switch on Days Of Our Lives, then I stumbled on this soap opera of a thread... . Surely OzGolf wasn't created to incite this much melodrama...

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 09:43 PM
What do you think is fair for having to import then re ship. I would be happier just shipping direct from my mate so I don't have to add the double ship to the price. It is more beneficial for members with the same outcome, same gear from the same place, why create a middle man handling fee when there is no need? all it does is push the price up meaning other sellers can match or just beat and make more money. This way every one gets great prices, that is the focus isnt it?

BenM
14th October 2015, 09:56 PM
Sure it is, so long as you're up front about it.

Personally though I'm not convinced you'd meet b or d and possibly not c either.

Like I said though, not me you've gotta convince.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:07 PM
Mate I don't care either way. Like I said it will make no difference whatsoever to my life. It will get members better deals, make ozgolf better for members and give my contact more business.

All I have to do is have a fixed thread in the pro shop I can add prices. Members can send a PM with what they want. I pass the info on. That simple.

Payment can be made direct to my contact, he will ship as he does every day.

Eventually a direct method of order can be set up if required.

Everyone is a winner.

Ned
14th October 2015, 10:12 PM
Mate I don't care either way. Like I said it will make no difference whatsoever to my life. It will get members better deals, make ozgolf better for members and give my contact more business.

All I have to do is have a fixed thread in the pro shop I can add prices. Members can send a PM with what they want. I pass the info on. That simple.

Payment can be made direct to my contact, he will ship as he does every day.

Eventually a direct method of order can be set up if required.

Everyone is a winner.

Why not work with MTB around what he does this thread http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/18405-Thousands-of-Balls thread and do a similar thing yourself?

BenM
14th October 2015, 10:12 PM
I have raised it to see what other people think.

Just to be clear I would have closed the original thread regardless of whether you'd been given the OK to post it as it was basically full of crap from yourself and other members. That seems to happen a lot with threads you've been involved with. It doesn't really help matters.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:13 PM
The word will soon spread at the prices meaning more members for ozgolf, bigger community #1 golf forum in oz.

More golf, bigger days. It can only be beneficial if done right.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:17 PM
I have raised it to see what other people think.

Just to be clear I would have closed the original thread regardless of whether you'd been given the OK to post it as it was basically full of crap from yourself and other members. That seems to happen a lot with threads you've been involved with. It doesn't really help matters.

At the end of the day a PM from you would have been responded in kind, I mealy respond to other members posts so why are you pointing the finger at me again.

New members get jumped on regular round here so how can you say its my issue....

BenM
14th October 2015, 10:23 PM
At the end of the day a PM from you would have been responded in kind, I mealy respond to other members posts so why are you pointing the finger at me again.

New members get jumped on regular round here so how can you say its my issue....

I could have PM'd you and a few others. I don't have time to be endlessly debating who is at fault with multiple people - the easiest thing for everyone is usually to close a thread.

That said, you have a choice how you respond to them - it takes two to tango. When someone asks you a question and you fire back with attitude, things blow up. It's not the first time. New members generally actually don't get jumped on unless people think they're misbehaving.....

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 10:47 PM
Whan would disagree. Also anyone that mentions JDM would so lets not pretend.

The initial statement that started this, from you to me. Thats just how it was. If that's not the case then I must have read it wrong.

Look we are going round in circles again, could have should have. Just next time you have a problem don't tell me I am treating people like idiots and I wont have to defend my character, nor should I ever have to.

Its as simple as that.

timah!
14th October 2015, 10:54 PM
The word will soon spread at the prices meaning more members for ozgolf, bigger community #1 golf forum in oz.

More golf, bigger days. It can only be beneficial if done right.

And yet you still seem to fail to grasp what this forum is truly about. It's not a BST forum. That may be a part of it, but this forum was founded upon joining golfers to games and building friendships out of that. Buying and selling stuff is the bonus. The reason why there are already such 'good deals' is that we are a community, which has been built over a number of years, with a lot of positive involvement.

As a serious response, my advice is for you to take a step back and consider this. There are a lot of people who have enjoyed this forum for a long long time. New members come and go all the time, whether you want to flog stuff off at good prices is irrelevant, getting some decent involvement is more important.

Dotty
14th October 2015, 11:03 PM
Why not just simply publish the distributors name and number or address?

That way, you're not missing out anything (as you never get anything out of the sales) and you won't have the headaches/responsibility, when orders are incorrect, damaged or undelivered.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 11:06 PM
I do get involved. This is what I am doing. It is a bonus that members will get good deals and it will be an integral part of community building in house.

If I can help people get better deals and build relationships along the way all the better for everyone.

I was always gona sell my personal JDM on here or other sites, I am just a JDM Ho and there's plenty of us. That is not an issue is it?

So you don't see any merit in this? We have started talking in a reasonable manner since this started. So I guess It has worked already in my eyes.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 11:11 PM

That way, you're not missing out anything (as you never get anything out of the sales) and you won't have the headaches/responsibility, when orders are incorrect, damaged or undelivered.

That is the plan. But it is not as simple as that, I am trying to broker a scenario so that can happen, I have already given his number to a few members on here. The members I think will get on with him

Do you really think it is responsible to have him exposed to an open forum before some relationships are built? I dont.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 11:20 PM

He is not just a contact he is a mate, would you expose one of your mates in an open forum to people you don't know?

There you have it, another example of negativity and pointing the finger...(as you never get anything out of the sales)

And you wonder why I get my back up with snide comments like this all the time. Seriously.

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 11:31 PM
Why doesn't he just join the forum if he is so keen to sell?

Ned
14th October 2015, 11:33 PM

Lots of negativity and finger pointing?

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 11:35 PM

Man just go away, your a nuisance.

Yossarian
14th October 2015, 11:43 PM
Man just go away, your a nuisance.

The feeling is mutual.

Hutchy
14th October 2015, 11:49 PM
The feeling is mutual.

About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

markTHEblake
14th October 2015, 11:51 PM
Everyone can make up their own minds as to whether they want to pay what his distributors charge.
Exactly. If the price is wrong then nobody will buy and nobody will care. But instead the Ozgolf clique is once again determined to run someone out of town. Not really sure what they are afraid of.

This is a sensible post, has your account been hacked?? [emoji39]
The dead give-away is that its more than one sentence.

PerryGroves
14th October 2015, 11:57 PM
About as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Yoss, are these available at IGA or do I need to go to Bunnings?

Yossarian
15th October 2015, 12:08 AM
Yoss, are these available at IGA or do I need to go to Bunnings?

I think any good home improvement store should stock them.

Hutchy probably knows the disty and will get you a good deal.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 12:18 AM
I think any good home improvement store should stock them.

Hutchy probably knows the disty and will get you a good deal.

Dont think they exist.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=markTHEblake;1246562]Exactly. If the price is wrong then nobody will buy and nobody will care. But instead the Ozgolf clique is once again determined to run someone out of town. Not really sure what they are afraid of.

My thoughts exactly Mark. The market and members will decide. If anything as pointed out to me it will be good leverage.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 12:54 AM
I really don't see any negatives.

D22marshall
15th October 2015, 06:13 AM
Timah and dotty both well put.
I think Hutchy is like myself loves to do deals yes connecting dreams and all the other catch crys we can think of.
For me personally the site is a great place to connect people with good gear and have people enjoy great equipment, same as getting great deals off ray for Sligo gear.
The site the way you both put it can be enjoyed for a lot of other experiences and maybe Hutchy needs to cool his jets and see that a lot of guys are not on here for the equipment or the deals more for what was mentioned.
Let's agree golf is a great game and enjoy what's available here also and the deals and fun can be had by all.

Dotty
15th October 2015, 07:19 AM
That is the plan. But it is not as simple as that, I am trying to broker a scenario so that can happen, I have already given his number to a few members on here. The members I think will get on with him

Do you really think it is responsible to have him exposed to an open forum before some relationships are built? I dont.
Okay.

Thank you for your polite and informative answer.

He is not just a contact he is a mate, would you expose one of your mates in an open forum to people you don't know?

There you have it, another example of negativity and pointing the finger...(as you never get anything out of the sales)

And you wonder why I get my back up with snide comments like this all the time. Seriously.
RUOK?

That is quite a turn in nine minutes. I'm also concerned that someone else repeating your own comments (that you don't profit from these sales) is seen as 'negativity', 'pointing the finger' and 'snide comments'.

I now feel this is no longer a case of taking on an arrogant salesman at his own game.

I'm out.

Lagerlover
15th October 2015, 07:24 AM
I really don't see any negatives.

Nor do I..... ever.

3oneday
15th October 2015, 08:56 AM
you're

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 10:03 AM
Okay.

Thank you for your polite and informative answer.

RUOK?

That is quite a turn in nine minutes. I'm also concerned that someone else repeating your own comments (that you don't profit from these sales) is seen as 'negativity', 'pointing the finger' and 'snide comments'.

I now feel this is no longer a case of taking on an arrogant salesman at his own game.

I'm out.

Well what was the point in saying something like that, thats the sort of comment I would expect from Yoss

How can I help feeling vilified when I have asked the admin to remove the shimada topic held at the top of the archive for a couple of months now, I think every one has read it and at the end of the day it was 4 days from payment to delivery.

I sent ben a PM requesting that it get removed politely, he asked me to do things by PM as it was better. This is the answer I got....Sorry, but I'm not going to remove that, there is just no reason to other than the fact that you feel it made you look bad.

If that's not singling me out then I am a monkeys uncle, like I said admin seem to do what they want and have the final say, Sorry Dotty but I hope this explains why I get defensive when I am treated like this by people who are supposed to be impartial and responsible for a happy site.

Am sure you fellow member agree it has been in place for long enough.

Ned
15th October 2015, 10:11 AM
So are you saying that threads should be removed all the time?

So when do we have this current thread removed if that's the case?

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 10:15 AM
No I am just asking if the shimada one can be allowed to move down the archive like all other threads. Is that a reasonable request? I dont think it was a reasonable response by Ben...Do you?

Ned
15th October 2015, 10:17 AM
Might want to check the Forum conditions, publishing PM's isn't one of them I think.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 10:19 AM
Is holding a thread that singles out a member for no good reason policy or is that an admin decision?

thecollective
15th October 2015, 10:26 AM

3oneday
15th October 2015, 10:38 AM
Just out of interest, if Hutchy joined 9th July how come he was selling on 21st August? Did the forum turn a blind eye to that? Sorry Hutchy, I think you keep feeding the issue, almost like another gotitatlast. Given that you are a faceless person to most of us, are you that put out that you can't move on, or are you a "last word" sort of fella like some of us :lol:

Also, is Ben M the only admin around these days?

Ned
15th October 2015, 10:40 AM
Is holding a thread that singles out a member policy or is that an admin decision?

You best check Forum conditions, if you want to answer everything with a question .

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 10:41 AM
You have all the answers so why not.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 10:47 AM
Just out of interest, if Hutchy joined 9th July how come he was selling on 21st August? Did the forum turn a blind eye to that? Sorry Hutchy, I think you keep feeding the issue, almost like another gotitatlast. Given that you are a faceless person to most of us, are you that put out that you can't move on, or are you a "last word" sort of fella like some of us :lol:

Also, is Ben M the only admin around these days?

All good. I think the issue is being fed every day is the shimada topic is held at the top of the archive for an item that was delivered in 4 days as described.

I also requested the same thing to Pete and his response was what I would expect, (I will see what I can do hutch)

Is ther a reason I am being singled out, maybe Mark is right, I duno it has me stumped.

Ned
15th October 2015, 10:53 AM
You're the one who rehashed the shimada issue, as for answers, you keep asking, and when you don't get an answer you like you keep asking, or complaining, or having a go at others, or playing the victim.

Maybe you should consider what a couple of your friends have suggested to you and move on from the past as you are expecting others to do.

Monsta
15th October 2015, 10:58 AM
You're the one who rehashed the shimada issue, as for answers, you keep asking, and when you don't get an answer you like you keep asking, or complaining, or having a go at others, or playing the victim.

Maybe you should consider what a couple of your friends have suggested to you and move on from the past as you are expecting others to do.

Jeez Ned, never expected you to be the voice of reason..........

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 10:58 AM
The shimada issue is at the top of the archive every day so decision to leave it there is not me rehashing is it? it is there every day for all to see. I only asked reasonably if it could be not held any more, do you have a problem with that question?

If the questions are to hard...statement not a question:)

Ned
15th October 2015, 11:02 AM
Jeez Ned, never expected you to be the voice of reason..........

FFS, need to get back on my meds then.....

Ned
15th October 2015, 11:08 AM
The shimada issue is at the top of the archive every day so decision to leave it there is not me rehashing is it? it is there every day for all to see. I only asked reasonably if it could be not held any more, do you have a problem with that question?

If the questions are to hard...statement not a question:)

Like I said Hutchy, you keep bringing it up, I wasn't aware it was at the top so until you mentioned it I and most probably a few others were not aware, but thanks for advising us several times again now, I'll have a read if I need to waste some time.

But you keep moving you're selective "statements" and "questions" posts around , popcorn and booze sales are on the up when you do.

As Dotty said, I'm out.

Johnny Canuck
15th October 2015, 11:11 AM
I wasn't aware of the Shimada issue until you kept on about it, nor have I ever gone into the pro shop archive listing on its own in all my years here.

All you are doing is bringing it to everyone's attention.

wizard_of_oz
15th October 2015, 11:13 AM
http://m.memegen.com/yx438m.jpg

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 11:28 AM
Righto, Apologies all round. This all started by offering gear for members...maybe it was the wrong thing to do.

if I can have the shimada topic archived I will pull my head in. Hope this reasonable request can have a reasonable outcome.

This is an open forum and I use my name as a tag so having it there every day for the whole world to see if they look is what has had my back up. I hope you all can understand that at least.

coalesce
15th October 2015, 11:34 AM
I don't think you understand how the forum works. It is as the top of the list in the archive forum because it is the thread with the most recent post archived on it.

There is no valid reason to delete the post, so it is going to stay in the archive.

Now a thread will move down the list as and when other items are archived, unless you draw attention to it, or post in it. In this case the thread is actually locked, so no-one can post in it

There is no conspiracy to single you out by keeping that thread at the top.

Yossarian
15th October 2015, 11:37 AM
Didn't even realise it was there still. If nothing went wrong why is it a big deal that it is there.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 11:38 AM
I don't think you understand how the forum works. It is as the top of the list in the archive forum because it is the thread with the most recent post archived on it.

There is no valid reason to delete the post, so it is going to stay in the archive.

Now a thread will move down the list as and when other items are archived, unless you draw attention to it, or post in it. In this case the thread is actually locked, so no-one can post in it

There is no conspiracy to single you out by keeping that thread at the top.

Sorry man I don't want to keep going through this, but it has been held at the top for 2 months.

Every item sold since then should have replaced it.

D22marshall
15th October 2015, 11:40 AM
Hutchy I am sure the mods will sort it out in due time.
No one is caring for it.
Move on

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 11:40 AM
Didn't even realise it was there still. If nothing went wrong why is it a big deal that it is there.

Because it casts doubt even if nothing did go wrong.

I have requested on 2 occasions that it be allowed to go down the archive like all others, but my request has ban denied for some reason.

coalesce
15th October 2015, 11:42 AM
The archiving isn't automated. It requires a mod to go through and manually do it, which takes time, hence why it happens sporadically.

BenM
15th October 2015, 11:44 AM
You asked me to remove the thread not let it go lower. That's why I said no.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 11:44 AM
Hutchy I am sure the mods will sort it out in due time.
No one is caring for it.
Move on

Thats not the point, I know it is there and have been refused upon request to be treated the same as others. That is my only problem.

If it is not in my face every day I can move on.

I just made my sorry s and asked a question. I thought that may be the end of it.

D22marshall
15th October 2015, 11:46 AM
It is the end of it!!!

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 11:47 AM
You asked me to remove the thread not let it go lower. That's why I said no.

Mate...You know what I meant. Maybe you should have offered that as an outcome.

Trying to defuse the situation here, tic for tac isnt helping. someone will always want the final say so I will leave that for someone else.

Have a good one 8)

Johnny Canuck
15th October 2015, 11:47 AM
Thats not the point, I know it is there and have been refused upon request to be treated the same as others. That is my only problem.

If it is not in my face every day I can move on.

I just made my sorry s and asked a question. I thought that may be the end of it.

Clicchik fired all the mods and only Ben put up his hand.

You keep posting towards him and he doesn't have time to do anything else.

Someone fill me in (twss), what is the go with the shimadas? If it doesn't appear when I hit new posts, I don't see it.

oldracer
15th October 2015, 11:51 AM
Bit like a car accident this and similar threads, relax Hutch, go kick the cat or some such...on another note, what's the word on modus 105's??? As against 120X, cheers Al

BenM
15th October 2015, 11:57 AM
Mate...You know what I meant. Maybe you should have offered that as an outcome.

Trying to defuse the situation here, tic for tac isnt helping. someone will always want the final say so I will leave that for someone else.

Have a good one 8)

No, I didn't. You used the word remove, twice. My response was based on what you asked for.

I'm happy to archive some threads when I get some time, but after the way you've carried on it definitely won't be any time soon.

By the way you completely overestimate it's importance. I use New Posts to browse the forums as I'm sure the vast majority of people do. Most people would very rarely look at the Pro Shop archive unless someone brought it to their attention or they were looking for something specific. Good job.

billp
15th October 2015, 11:59 AM
This must be one of the craziest threads I have ever read, surely you can't just attack a mod and get away with it? I am all for free opinions, but hell you got in trouble for doing something that was borderline against the rules, and now you publicly attack that person.

I think there a lot on this forum that could get items for the same price as you, but they don't publically share this knowledge. It is great you get things cheaper, and you are offering these to others, but perhaps do it in more of a subtle way, by anwsering WTB adds etc. Most people know the perks you would get from improving your contacts sales, and it amazes me that you defend this fact.

It happens on all forums I know, and I really feel bad for the mod's that dedicate their personal time to try and keep a forum running and enjoyable to all that join up.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 12:24 PM
Bit like a car accident this and similar threads, relax Hutch, go kick the cat or some such...on another note, what's the word on modus 105's??? As against 120X, cheers Al

Just went for a walk down the road, found a big ranga cat....my favourite

Not sure how I feel but pretty sure the cat is confused :shock:

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 12:29 PM
Can we please have this thread removed Ben.

I know your job is a thankless one so thanks for your time and effort.

Time to move on.

Yossarian
15th October 2015, 12:36 PM
Man, you cause a scene and then expect it all to be removed at your request.

Ron Burgundy
15th October 2015, 12:39 PM
I like your style Hutchy. Your seem to talk to the mods the same way I talk to bouncers at pubs. If they tell me something I disagree with (like that I'm too drunk and need to leave) I swear a lot, insult them personally and generally try to prove over and over again that I'm right and they're wrong. You seem to be having the same level of success too.

benno_r
15th October 2015, 01:16 PM
what's the word on modus 105's??? As against 120X, cheers Al

let you know after my round Tuesday.

Gollfer69
15th October 2015, 01:21 PM
I thought I would miss Ozgolf at times then I read shit like this and reckon I've made the right call staying the **** out.

peter_rs
15th October 2015, 01:23 PM
But we miss you g69

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 01:23 PM

Lower launch stiffer in the tip and the but. Bit of an achievement really for a lighter shaft.

oldracer
15th October 2015, 01:24 PM
let you know after my round Tuesday.forgot you had a set!!!!! might be draw machines....love to hear your thoughts

3oneday
15th October 2015, 01:34 PM
I thought I would miss Ozgolf at times then I read shit like this and reckon I've made the right call staying the **** out.As opposed to what, working for a living? :lol:

Yossarian
15th October 2015, 01:35 PM
I like turtles.

Hutchy why do you edit so many posts buddy?

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 01:36 PM
I like turtles.

Hutchy why do you edit so many posts buddy?

I speak before I think.

3oneday
15th October 2015, 01:37 PM
Anyone got any wedges spare, ones I can pronounce?

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 01:38 PM
Modart?

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 01:39 PM
2 x mack daddy 2s, 1 x rotex as a set

Edited :?

markTHEblake
15th October 2015, 01:42 PM
I'm happy to archive some threads when I get some time, but after the way you've carried on it definitely won't be any time soon. I guess the rest of them that stirred him up counts for nothing? I thought there was a rule about the proshop, that if you ain't buying then don't comment. If there was any moderating to be done, that's where it should have been done.

3oneday
15th October 2015, 01:43 PM
Lofts?

markTHEblake
15th October 2015, 01:44 PM
7. Only valid questions and answers will be allowed in the pro shop threads. Spurious posts will be removed without an explanation being forwarded to the poster. Please refrain from making comments that are not to do directly with the sale. The place to discuss the relative merits of a club or equipment is the Equip Me forum, and not within a member’s Pro Shop thread.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 01:49 PM
Rotex 52 macks 56/60

Yossarian
15th October 2015, 01:51 PM
I speak before I think.

You and I.

7. Only valid questions and answers will be allowed in the pro shop threads. Spurious posts will be removed without an explanation being forwarded to the poster. Please refrain from making comments that are not to do directly with the sale. The place to discuss the relative merits of a club or equipment is the Equip Me forum, and not within a member’s Pro Shop thread.

Not sure that rule was breached much if at all in the thread in question.

Hutchy
15th October 2015, 01:52 PM

Cheers Mark.

Will go read the rules but they are similar to TSG and WRX no doubt.

How different can 3 forums be under the same rules has me beat.

Captain Nemo
15th October 2015, 03:32 PM
Anyone got any wedges spare, ones I can pronounce?

Cally mack daddy set...
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/45634-Callaway-and-Ping-Wedges?highlight=

markTHEblake
15th October 2015, 06:49 PM
Not sure that rule was breached much if at all in the thread in question. My post was reported and fair enough, blatant breach of the rules. And I know who reported it too.

Jarro
15th October 2015, 06:50 PM
My post was reported and fair enough, blatant breach of the rules. And I know who reported it too.

I couldn't help myself...

markTHEblake
15th October 2015, 07:36 PM
Nah, it was some other sook ;-)

SundayHack
15th October 2015, 08:02 PM
Most entertaining hour of my day reading this crap.

BenM
15th October 2015, 08:33 PM
I guess the rest of them that stirred him up counts for nothing? I thought there was a rule about the proshop, that if you ain't buying then don't comment. If there was any moderating to be done, that's where it should have been done.

I don't disagree. It would have been better to clean it up (earlier) - however when there's a choice between deleting potentially many posts, or closing a thread, I'll usually close it. Once you start trying to pick the posts that can stay vs the ones that need to go, and the responses to them, it's easy to burn a heap of time (that I don't have) and invariably someone always gets their knickers in a twist. We really can't win.

In an ideal world one of us would jump in early and try to steer it back on track. That works... Sometimes.

benno_r
15th October 2015, 08:44 PM
I thought I would miss Ozgolf at times then I read shit like this and reckon I've made the right call staying the **** out.

Forget that, I saw in our club bulletin you are coming to look at Maryborough soon.

Any scoops?

damoocow
15th October 2015, 08:49 PM
Personally I dislike the commercialism aspect that this site descends into at times. Last night I found the thread where this idea was originally discussed but must have missed it when it was first put up. Lots of posts about how the commercial sellers are good guys and contribute to golf days etc etc etc, but they surely will be making some money out of it - it is a business for them after all.

backintheswing
15th October 2015, 08:57 PM
So the thread name has been changed and the original post deleted.

What a joke. How do you put someone on ignore from tapatalk?