PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 17th April

990B Luva
18th April 2006, 04:36 PM
Played Wynnum today, i had 75 off the bat with 11 GIRs and 29 putts. i snapped 3 wood on the 13th by accident (I played my 2nd shot going for th green, the club slipped out of my hand and then hit a tree and snapped so now Keza is assisting me in getting it reshafted for the weekend) i also sold 2 more SMT wedges to a couple of Junior Pennant players from Jindalee cause they loved my wedge

AndyP
18th April 2006, 05:28 PM
Nice round, 990B.

You sure you don't want to get that cap checked, ThomMoe?

Flowergirl
21st April 2006, 09:26 AM
WEll played 990B. 29 putts.....I wish!!
Played first round of Captains trophy on WEdnesday. Was playing will Nellie - she's 83!! She plays every week in a cart and still hits a nice ball. On the 11th tee she slipped over and fell backwards on to the asphalt path and split the back of her head open. My god there was a lot of blood.:shock: The other girl we were playing with nearly fainted so I had the two of them to deal with. We got Nellie into the cart and got her to hosptial and two hours later I returned to the club rooms with Nellie with a few stiches and a big grin cos she just loved all the attention from the male nurses and doctors.
Of course I was having a great game - Par - and I was +3 after the 10th. +3 won the day and of course I'm out of the running for next week too. Oh well!!! You gotta do what you gotta do and as if I even thought about that until we got her patched up.

Pennant yesterday and I continued on the good form. I won 4/3 and the team drew. My short game is improving and I was happy how I drove the ball too. Sunk a couple of long putts to square when I though I was a goner.

amanda
21st April 2006, 02:00 PM
FG - your good turn will be rewarded in the future - it's rare to find people these days that will help someone out :)

And good work on the pennant win!

BrisWesty
21st April 2006, 05:39 PM
FG - your good turn will be rewarded in the future - it's rare to find people these days that will help someone out :)

And good work on the pennant win!

Surely Nellie could have kept a hanky on the wound until you finished the round. ;-)
Nice shooting FG.

Played Hervey Bay on Tuesday - 27 points 10/17 (93 gross 50/43). Was so disappointed with my first 9 (played like an absolute chopper) I played it again after getting back in and went 9 shots better. Was very happy with my back 9, closest I've come to playing that 9 to handicap.
Very difficult to get those greens to hold an approach (or a chip after the approach).

Played Country View (9 hole) at Mango Hill today. Finished 5 over 40 including losing a ball. Rough as guts course, but despite the maybe 15 different varieties of grass on each green, the greens are actually surprisingly good.

Nice shooting 990B too, sounds like you could give Moe a putting lesson in the matchplay.

Jarro
21st April 2006, 05:42 PM
Played Country View (9 hole) at Mango Hill today. Finished 5 over 40 including losing a ball. Rough as guts course, but despite the maybe 15 different varieties of grass on each green, the greens are actually surprisingly good.

sing out next time mate, i'll come and play with ya ... that place is only 10 minutes from my place.

It is a bit rough though :-s

990B Luva
22nd April 2006, 06:33 PM
Played Riverlakes today after work... teed off at 1204 with some rich guy and his mates.... 4Ball multiplier.... had 34pts

By the way, Pete and Shaz, how did you guys go

The Hat
22nd April 2006, 09:05 PM
Hat has been surrounded by family over achievements

73 year old dad of 21 shoots 47 points to win his comp and beverly park
younger brother shoots 77 at Mt broughton then backs up the next day with 77 at St Michaels to win the day

Hat won nothen......and is lame !!....also hat has chronic ****ed driver syndrome and has been trying to win from the bushes and the trees and the wrong side of the red pegs.....soon I will be made to play off the reds I rekon !

cazandpaul
23rd April 2006, 07:20 AM
29 points on Wed (9-20) - who can figure?

shazza_rs
23rd April 2006, 08:15 AM

I had 37 points by myself .... together we scraped together 48...... its pretty hard to get points when your partner has a few wipes/1 pointers

I think pete had 25 points....

990B Luva
23rd April 2006, 05:54 PM
Yes!!!!! My NTP stuck on the 16th... it was 15m and i put it to 5m and it stuck

Grunt
23rd April 2006, 06:07 PM
Played yesterday straight after flying in from Singapore (Bad Mistake). Shot 20 points I think, could not hit the ball at all. I actually don't think I hit a solid shot, it was that bad. :(
I was tired but that is not an excuse, I have lost my swing totally and am going to have a week or so off. Will be a first for me in quite a while to not have a game in a week.

Moe Norman
23rd April 2006, 06:10 PM
Hope Island today.

FWRR - What could have been!

39 Points, 77 off the beater (had a blowout hole)

9/14 Fairways
15 GIR
1 Eagle
2 Birdies

I haven't worked out exactly how many putts I had. I have been putting alot better lately and today was one of those days where I didn't putt that badly (no 3 putts) but nothing was dropping! I lipped out for birdie on 5 consecutive holes at one stage, oh how this game can tease you!

Oh well, hitting the ball alot better now and the putting is improving every game.

Bruce
23rd April 2006, 08:20 PM
Mirboo Nth. 2 person Ambrose. Teamed up with a bloke whose brother gave a few flying lessons back in Mildura in the late '80s. The world is indeed small.

He was off 25 with my 23 so we had a handy 12 hcp and managed to cover each other pretty well apart from the double on the 1st to finish with 65. Good enough to win a ball.

The driver is back in the bag again for the forseeable future. Putting and driving have become the 2 strong points of my game by some sort of miracle.

jimandr
23rd April 2006, 09:21 PM
Much to my surprise nobody else has reported in detail of their round in the NSW Strokeplay at Windsor today. Maybe they don't won't to say anything that isn't in the other thread.

Nevertheless, I hit the ball really well, apart from four holes, and those four holes really killed my chance of a better score than 31 points.

On the first five holes, I had all possible scores between birdie and triple, and the next five only the birdie was missing. 2 triples on the 2 par 5's, and two three-putt doubles to go with them on the front nine. Hit lots of good irons when I got the chance to hit one.

Fairways = 7 of 13
Greens = 10 of 18
Putts = 37, 4 three-putts, 1 birdie
Up & Down = 1 of 3
3 penaltys, all on the one hole.

McMw
24th April 2006, 07:29 AM
80 on sat with some crappy play all round...

77 in yesterday's MM - scraped thru to take runner up gross...
lost by 2 - which is kinda sick, considering I had 3 6s coming in...

amanda
24th April 2006, 09:08 AM
Played The Vintage on Saturday - a very nice course with awesome facilities! I have no idea of my score - we didn't play in the comp and Brad had a little hissy-fit at 8 holes and ripped our only card to shreds!

I do remember that I had at least 3 pars and a stretch of bogeys. I found that it wasn't the fairway shots or tee shots that were difficult - instead I ran into problems with the greens - speed and line issues.

We basically had the course to ourselves - one group of 4 let us through after a few holes and then we didn't see a soul until we got back to the clubhouse.

The clubhouse facilities were very swanky. Our gift voucher for the course was 2 games + dinner. Very fancy locker rooms for a much needed relaxing hot shower after our game. We then enjoyed very yummy pre-dinner snacks on the patio overlooking the 18th green before heading inside for a delicious 3 course meal.

To top it all off - we got lost heading out of the club in the dark - no street signs and we had to flag down a security guy to help us get out to the main road!

Definitely somewhere I would go back and play - but definitely not on the weekend (at standard rates) :)

connico
24th April 2006, 10:02 AM
Played Windsor...long story short, played golf on the first nine then played some other sport with long sticks the last 9.

19points on the turn around, ended up with 29 all up after 18. Enough said i think. :) was a good laugh but, and i hit a few nice tee shots, will be using the 5 and 3 wood combos for a while i think. Its helping, just need to get my head adjusted.

The Hat
24th April 2006, 12:34 PM
Had a nice windy goat track outing on Randwick golf course in a 4 club wind on Sunday afternoon for 5 pars and 4 bogeys......and an 8 year old son proclaiming that driver is his favourite club and I like golf.....as he promplty dispatched his 16 degree juniour club some 100plus meters on a few occasions

wayz
24th April 2006, 04:11 PM
Had 36 points 20/16 - 4 snap hooks in total for the day... couldda shouldda wouldda :-) oh well... nice to be out there

oz
24th April 2006, 09:53 PM
A so-so 79 on Sunday for 35 points. No birdies, a couple of doubles, and a few bogies. Putted well inside 4 feet, made nothing longer, but took all day to find my full swing rhythm, and by then, the damage was done.

amanda
25th April 2006, 05:33 AM
Had 36 points 20/16 - 4 snap hooks in total for the day... couldda shouldda wouldda :-) oh well... nice to be out there
wayz - welcome back mate - long time no see! :-D

wayz
25th April 2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks Amanda!... ive only started playing again... you seem to be playing well going by your handicap :) we should get a game going again eh...