PDA

View Full Version : What is there to learn from Zach Johnson's wedge play?

Ferrins
11th October 2015, 07:09 AM
Seems pretty compact and stiff like if you played a shot with your two hands seperated.

BayBum
13th October 2015, 03:54 PM
Similar to Steve Striker, both very accurate golfers.

Jason Day chips the same way,to a degree.

Captain Nemo
13th October 2015, 03:57 PM
I like Strickers short game, plenty to learn from him.

jocker
20th October 2015, 04:31 PM
I like Strickers short game, plenty to learn from him.

For weekend warriors, the Stricker approach is really the only reliable option. Not enough time to practice...

Richo1
15th December 2015, 04:36 PM
Zac controls his flight and spin as well as anyone. Notice he rarely takes full swings with his wedges. Because low spinny wedges are how you get it close. Poor wedge players hit wedges high. Good players hit them low.

backintheswing
15th December 2015, 05:21 PM
Zac controls his flight and spin as well as anyone. Notice he rarely takes full swings with his wedges. Because low spinny wedges are how you get it close. Poor wedge players hit wedges high. Good players hit them low.

richo, no-one cares about wedge play. How far did you smoke it past Bluu today with driver??

Richo1
15th December 2015, 05:34 PM
richo, no-one cares about wedge play. How far did you smoke it past Bluu today with driver??Not far enough haha. My best was about 280m but he got one good around 300m. Did out wedge him though 😉

mrbluu
15th December 2015, 06:16 PM
Not far enough haha. My best was about 280m but he got one good around 300m. Did out wedge him though 😉
I heard its easy when its your 3rd into a par 4 [emoji14]