PDA

View Full Version : This would only happen at a country course.

Ferrins
10th October 2015, 06:55 PM
Share your little observations ,anecdotes and ditties here.

Ferrins
10th October 2015, 06:56 PM
At Tenterfield $10 comp fee is paid self service in the cash draw.

Captain Nemo
10th October 2015, 07:01 PM
My dad builds his own gardens and goes out and waters them and the small trees he plants during the week at Griffith Golf Club.

Ferrins
10th October 2015, 07:19 PM
Does he grow tomatoes there?

magman
10th October 2015, 07:20 PM
All country courses have honesty boxes and I hate honesty boxes, have to drive 10-15k's back to civilisation to draw cash.

Ferrins
10th October 2015, 07:25 PM
This is not like the put your green fees in an evelope set up as the club is manned.

Captain Nemo
10th October 2015, 07:49 PM
Does he grow tomatoes there?No, just those plants that look like tomatoes.... ;)

Dotty
10th October 2015, 07:49 PM
The same couple win both the 'Husband and Wife' and the 'Brother and Sister' trophies.

Ferrins
10th October 2015, 07:59 PM
Pete would know about that.

RobNewy
10th October 2015, 08:07 PM
Played Ravenshoe in FNQ a few years ago.
It was an honesty box and you get your own tees.
The tees were a piece of hose about an inch long and another piece about half inch long tied together with a piece of string.

One of the most fun rounds ive ever had.
Took the missus and a great friend of hers who lives in Ravenshoe, a couple of bottles of champagne and some beers.

It was so much fun

Hatchman
10th October 2015, 08:45 PM
2 & 1/2 doz eggs each given away to the 2 worst scores of the day still in the club house at presentation time. Marble pulled from barrel for $15 meat tray. Winning number corresponds to your finish position in the field. Must be present to collect and they keep drawing until won.

I've won the eggs but never the meat tray and I'm always there for presentation.

Ferrins
10th October 2015, 08:49 PM
There is something really cool about winning a meat tray. I won a frozen chook for NTP at Pittwater GC Tasmania.

Hatchman
10th October 2015, 09:13 PM
Many have won the double. Eggs & Meat Tray

Hatchman
10th October 2015, 09:20 PM
Not at the one at now but a previous club I was a member of a group of us used to clean up & lockup and set the alarm as we were always last to leave. Self serve at the bar after 6 when the daily bar roster volunteers went home.

They were great days. We used to defrost steaks and snags which were always in the freezer and cook them up on the big wood fire place. Putting comps on the carpet :D

Lagerlover
10th October 2015, 09:31 PM
Driving a ute around the course with a big esky in the back.

Lagerlover
10th October 2015, 09:32 PM
Swooping magpie just next to a green. Went missing the day before the police golf day.

SundayHack
10th October 2015, 09:32 PM
Driving a ute around the course with a big esky in the back.
This should be a must at every course.

markTHEblake
10th October 2015, 09:48 PM
Preferred lie as far as it takes to find grass.

Blackhelmo
10th October 2015, 11:31 PM
Play in a group of six at end of comp

LarryLong
11th October 2015, 10:45 AM
I occasionally borrow one of the (two) carts on a Sunday to drive my little girl around and look at the kangaroos.

petethepilot
11th October 2015, 10:57 AM
There is something really cool about winning a meat tray. I won a frozen chook for NTP at Pittwater GC Tasmania.
I won a frozen chook at a course north of perth.
Put it in the car with the clubs and forgot about it till golf the following week!

PHEW!!! Car boot never lost the smell and those clubs never hit another good shot!

oncewasagolfer
11th October 2015, 11:26 AM
That's a classic 😃

mrbluu
11th October 2015, 01:08 PM
Put it in the car with the clubs and forgot about it till golf the following week!

PHEW!!! Car boot never lost the smell and those clubs never hit another good shot!

Bwahahaha

Hatchman
11th October 2015, 01:16 PM

Should have put it in the engine compartment so it was cooked by the time you got home :roll:

Hutchy
11th October 2015, 02:19 PM
My local track Boonah.

Half way house with esky full of beer and cold drinks. Just write your name on the clipboard and what you get. Mickey mouse and Donald duck must be legless every weekend.

Camera in the corner lol, honestly costs less money for a beer cart and would sell more beer. Try telling that to the comity.

jimandr
11th October 2015, 06:15 PM
Only at country courses....

they still have a presentation. At Camden Valley and Lakeside they didn't bother.

almost everybody goes into the clubhouse for an after round drink. It's almost a rarity at City courses I've played at.

they have sponsored prizes from local businesses for NTP's, on every par 3. I'm desperate to win our car wash voucher, but can't make the breakthrough. Much better than a couple of cheap balls.

Hutchy
11th October 2015, 06:55 PM
Only at country courses....

they still have a presentation. At Camden Valley and Lakeside they didn't bother.

almost everybody goes into the clubhouse for an after round drink. It's almost a rarity at City courses I've played at.

they have sponsored prizes from local businesses for NTP's, on every par 3. I'm desperate to win our car wash voucher, but can't make the breakthrough. Much better than a couple of cheap balls.

You just described Boonah perfectly. It has its merits for sure.

markTHEblake
13th October 2015, 02:13 PM
I won a frozen chook at a course north of perth. Put it in the car with the clubs and forgot about it till golf the following week! PHEW!!! Car boot never lost the smell and those clubs never hit another good shot! Worse than a turd on the roof?

Toolish
13th October 2015, 10:25 PM
Growing up in a tiny country club so many of these things hit home!

Working bee at the start of the season to spread sump oil on the sands, fumigate some rabbits, cut some trees and 'open' the course with some beers and a BBQ.
A half way house honestly book with esky full and savs or a BBQ running.
After round sandwiches provided as part of entry.
Birds and bottles raffle.
Groups of 6 to allow the field to fit.
Tees allocated to each member for maintenance.
Honesty box.
90%+ of the field staying around for pressos
A grade in club champs going up to a 12 handicap.

Unfortunately, field sizes are slowly slipping and the club will disappear eventually!

Hatchman
14th October 2015, 05:39 AM
Growing up in a tiny country club so many of these things hit home!

Working bee at the start of the season to spread sump oil on the sands, fumigate some rabbits, cut some trees and 'open' the course with some beers and a BBQ.
A half way house honestly book with esky full and savs or a BBQ running.
After round sandwiches provided as part of entry.
Birds and bottles raffle.
Groups of 6 to allow the field to fit.
Tees allocated to each member for maintenance.
Honesty box.
90%+ of the field staying around for pressos
A grade in club champs going up to a 12 handicap.

Unfortunately, field sizes are slowly slipping and the club will disappear eventually!

Which club is that?

Toolish
14th October 2015, 09:14 PM
Ouyen

Lagerlover
14th October 2015, 09:25 PM
Snot block

3Puttpete
14th October 2015, 11:56 PM
Galah

Ferrins
15th October 2015, 05:58 AM
Whykickamoocow.

Toolish
15th October 2015, 09:47 PM
Galah
Yep, played cricket for them.

Toolish
15th October 2015, 09:48 PM
Snot block
Hate the fact there is that association, hate the bloody things!

3Puttpete
15th October 2015, 09:52 PM
Yep, played cricket for them.

[emoji106]🏻

westy
16th October 2015, 09:53 PM
You haven't been to my city club. After round presentations are heaving - its a strictly enforced expectation that you stay or you get tapped on the shoulder by the committee

Lagerlover
16th October 2015, 10:16 PM
Nice.