PDA

View Full Version : Any merit in this?

FuzzyJuzzy
9th October 2015, 10:17 PM
Gents,

Is there any merit in intentionally using a lighter/weaker shaft than you would normally - under the presumption that it'll force you to swing more smoothly and not go overly hard at it, because if you do you'll just hit high cuts?
A mate has given me a bunch of old drivers to try and sell and just out of curiosity I'm mucking around with a TM Tour Burner with the stock Reg shaft. Seems to go pretty well when I swing really easy at it - knowing that I can't really swing hard. The only thing I find is that if I'm intentionally holding back and swinging super easy, it can be easy to unintentionally leave my weight on my back foot.
Thanks lads.

magman
9th October 2015, 10:28 PM
I got a S 50g bassara shaft on my driver, that i like for control, if i try and crush it on an open hole, it becomes a driving wedge. Saying that though, i think an intentionly softer shaft does help me slow down a bit, and just swing easy.

Lagerlover
9th October 2015, 10:49 PM
Bit of a fan of the weaker flex shaft.

Have gone from CB2 flighted PX6.0 to CB3 regular kbs tour 90, lost a club in distance but have slowed the swing down a bit and found it easier to get close to some sort of tempo.

markTHEblake
10th October 2015, 08:26 AM
No. Use the equipment best suited to you, not to force you to swing a different way.

Blackhelmo
10th October 2015, 10:41 PM
I was thinking this before I purchased the new club. I tend to swing hard at the ball all the time. Previous shafts were stiff flex 60,63 grams and have a stiff 70 in the new one. Didn't want to have to 'force ' a change by swinging slower with a lighter shaft.

3oneday
11th October 2015, 07:11 AM
I don't reckon it matters, if your swing is on you could swing normally and just hit it further.

Hutchy
11th October 2015, 01:32 PM
Crush the ball.....use what allows you to do that.