PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hit the new callaway great big bertha?

meh
30th September 2015, 07:48 PM
The ebay 15% off deal is torture!

Jazz18
30th September 2015, 08:08 PM
Haven't hit it but I nearly died when I walked into Drummonds today and saw the price! Holy crap they're expensive! Even the new MD3 wedges are dearer than vokeys. That's crazy!

JADO75
30th September 2015, 08:13 PM
Hoping to own one by Friday arvo & will let you know. If it's as long as my XR Pro but spins a little less it should be enormous

oldracer
30th September 2015, 08:17 PM
Hoping to own one by Friday arvo & will let you know. If it's as long as my XR Pro but spins a little less it should be enormoustried a BB Alpha 815? Smokin good and forgiving for us old choppers

JADO75
30th September 2015, 08:19 PM
I've owned one previously, lovely feeling bat but a little spinny for mine

wazandnic
30th September 2015, 08:22 PM
Haven't hit it but I nearly died when I walked into Drummonds today and saw the price! Holy crap they're expensive! Even the new MD3 wedges are dearer than vokeys. That's crazy!

I walked into Drummonds today and almost died many times! Seems they are carrying through the weaker Aussie dollar at the moment... at least thats all I can put it down to... massive price hikes across the store. Vokey Wedges up from 169 to 199, 915 drivers up from 569 to 649, even a pair of shoes I was looking at buying up to 160 from 140. Price hikes all happening in the last month or so???

meh
30th September 2015, 08:25 PM
Hoping to own one by Friday arvo & will let you know. If it's as long as my XR Pro but spins a little less it should be enormous

Just bought one, only let me know if it's good. Or lie :)

JADO75
30th September 2015, 08:25 PM
Vokey wedges cost price increased $40 just recently

johl
30th September 2015, 08:33 PM
I bought my 915 driver and 3 wood the day the price rise happened around a month ago. Luckily they decided to charge me the old price on the day. The eBay discount is hard to resist

billp
30th September 2015, 09:18 PM
Best driver I have used and the stock kk shaft is amazingly good. Won't be leaving the bag for a long time.

3oneday
30th September 2015, 09:24 PM
I bought 4 ceiling fans, saved $93.

FuzzyJuzzy
30th September 2015, 10:12 PM
I walked into Drummonds today and almost died many times! Seems they are carrying through the weaker Aussie dollar at the moment... at least thats all I can put it down to... massive price hikes across the store. Vokey Wedges up from 169 to 199, 915 drivers up from 569 to 649, even a pair of shoes I was looking at buying up to 160 from 140. Price hikes all happening in the last month or so???

$649 for a 915D??!! Crikey - I got mine before they even hit the shelves via a pre-order/fit and the 915D cost $510. Who is Bogle kidding when in the Drummonds ads he says best prices in golf, or whatever their tagline is.

oldracer
30th September 2015, 10:53 PM
I guess only if you hold them to it, will give me best price across the country on balls, good...

Ferrins
1st October 2015, 07:33 AM
Glad my bag is set in stone.😀
Does that price hike mean it's ok to sell on here for 20% more than you paid for it.

milo-man20
1st October 2015, 09:19 AM
Got the GBB with the speeder shaft, awesome stick.....best driver I have hit and super long.

WBennett
1st October 2015, 09:20 AM
Considering how shops all gradually dropped prices over the last 5 years when the dollar was strong, I would fully expect that now its 30% down in value that prices would rise significantly.

Back to the days of $700 new drivers and 2k new sets.

wazandnic
1st October 2015, 10:47 AM
Considering how shops all gradually dropped prices over the last 5 years when the dollar was strong, I would fully expect that now its 30% down in value that prices would rise significantly.

and buying from O/S. Local prices were competitive for a while there.

dowdsy
1st October 2015, 11:23 AM

Yes your right, back in the 90s you would easy spend 2k on a set without bag or buggy, but they were going to last you for the rest of your life like your dads old ben hogans in the shed, however with the constant new stuff coming out these days I reckon golf company's are going to hurt with sales in this country with the price of stuff going up so much. It will be interesting if the golf box has a big sale soon

rick3003
1st October 2015, 12:02 PM
Got a demo 10.5 with a rogue silver 60 to try... Will report back

mrbluu
1st October 2015, 01:29 PM
Got a demo 10.5 with a rogue silver 60 to try... Will report back
Post reported for being on topic!!!

Jazz18
1st October 2015, 04:21 PM

I think as Jado said a bit further up, cost prices have gone up heaps. While I was there, I heard the store manager say that Ping was going up today as well. The thing I don't like about it is that the stock in the store would have been purchased at the old wholesale price. Therefore, the new selling price will drop a bit more cb in the owners pocket by putting the prices up across the board. I can kind of understand why they would do it that way but kind of sucks as well because it just feels a bit like I'm being screwed on older stock. Anyway, who needs retail golf outlets when the got the Ozgolf pro shop! Sorry meh, think I started this off topic discussion. Woops! Still haven't hit the new GBB yet.