PDA

View Full Version : It's frustrating

stopper
29th September 2015, 11:29 AM
I would say that on the course from 145m out I would usuaually pull a 6 iron, but at the golf shop I was only carrying my 6 iron 135m, 4 iron 155m and driver 200m on the sim, what is the go with that?

A fit and healthy, 85kg, 182cm, 39 year old male and I cannot get the ball to jump off the face no matter what I try. At times it feels like I'm puring and really hitting it dead solid but clearly I'm not.

Then the guy helping me thought I was maybe a 10-12 handicap with how I was swining despite the distance being down. I'm off 18. He said I was on plane and hitting pretty straight shots with good dispersion and that he has seen lower handicaps than me with much worse swings than mine... and this is not the first time I have heard something like this.

Not an easy thing to do, but I need to add 15 metres to all my clubs and I don't know where to turn next as I feel I have tried everything.

thecollective
29th September 2015, 11:37 AM
as your name suggests: Stop! chill out and take a step back.... IMO You are clearly overthinking your entire game and process

Your swing and how you score are completely different aspects of the game - if they were related then Lee Trevino would be playing off 18 and Steve Elkington would be the No.1 player in the world.

Spend less time on coaching and more time on the range - concentrate more on finding the middle of club and less about distance - the rest will fall into place

TC

mrbluu
29th September 2015, 11:42 AM
I would say that on the course from 145m out I would usuaually pull a 6 iron, but at the golf shop I was only carrying my 6 iron 135m, 4 iron 155m and driver 200m on the sim, what is the go with that?

A fit and healthy, 85kg, 182cm, 39 year old male and I cannot get the ball to jump off the face no matter what I try. At times it feels like I'm puring and really hitting it dead solid but clearly I'm not.

Then the guy helping me thought I was maybe a 10-12 handicap with how I was swining despite the distance being down. I'm off 18. He said I was on plane and hitting pretty straight shots with good dispersion and that he has seen lower handicaps than me with much worse swings than mine... and this is not the first time I have heard something like this.

Not an easy thing to do, but I need to add 15 metres to all my clubs and I don't know where to turn next as I feel I have tried everything.
Then come to Cabra on Monday and be really depressed when a short fat Asian kid knocks it past u [emoji13] !!

Seriously who cares how far u hit it as long as u are consistent. No idea how fast u swing it now, but if u want to hit it longer then develop a faster swing. Start working out so I can add speed, flexibility and strength. If that fails buy more stuff.

mrbluu
29th September 2015, 11:46 AM
Also what a u using to measure distance on the golf course??

stopper
29th September 2015, 11:50 AM
Okay but all the ball marks on the face show that I'm hitting middle or close to middle on most shots. I'm not really hitting heel or toe too often.

oldracer
29th September 2015, 11:59 AM
Okay but all the ball marks on the face show that I'm hitting middle or close to middle on most shots. I'm not really hitting heel or toe too often.the bats you are using, have they been properly fitted to you? standard lofts?

benno_r
29th September 2015, 12:00 PM
Okay but all the ball marks on the face show that I'm hitting middle or close to middle on most shots. I'm not really hitting heel or toe too often.

You can still hit the middle and have shit shots. Face angle, path, angle of attack, release, shaft too stiff, shaft too spft, too much spin, not enough spin etc etc.

My random suggestion - tempo. Get your tempo right and swing through the ball, don't just hit it.

Yossarian
29th September 2015, 12:02 PM
There is something wrong with your swing. Get a lesson if it is bothering you.

thecollective
29th September 2015, 12:05 PM

What are your divots telling you?

TC

Hard_Pan
29th September 2015, 12:27 PM
A fit and healthy, 85kg, 182cm, 39 year old male and I cannot get the ball to jump off the face no matter what I try.

Not having a go here but I'm over 50 and although slightly taller than you, I'm not all that fit and I've got very dodgy knees but I have been known to use an 8 iron 145m out.

What clubs do you have? What is your swing speed?

Dotty
29th September 2015, 01:10 PM
Then come to Cabra on Monday and be really depressed when a short fat Asian kid knocks it past u [emoji13] !!

And an old bald bloke knock a 4 hybrid inside your 6 iron.

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:12 PM
Okay let me try and answer all in the one post. I really want to get better so I'm willing to work at it.

-I'm using a Bushnell Neo+ GPS to measure distance on course.

-Clubs have been fitted for lie and length, not shafts though. I'm probably playing thw wrong shafts but in all honesty I have had heaps of different clubs with heaps of different shafts and still hit it about the same distance. The only clubs that genuinely give me more distance are GI ones where lofts are 3 or 4 degrees stronger than what I play with. I pretty much hit them all the same distance on a loft for loft basis.

-I think that that the reason I'm hitting middle is because I'm flipping to square the club into the ball, but I'm no pro. I haven't been able to figure out a way not to flip.

-I had a bunch of lessons at the end of last year and start of this year with a pro that works out of Sharkies range, I really worked hard at what he wanted me to do. At the end of the day I may have added a few yards but not that much really and we reached a plateu together. Prior to that I had a bunch of lessons at end of 2013 and at the start of 2014 with a pro at Castle Hill, again I really worked hard at what he wanted me to do but after ending most of our lessons with me hitting shanks (and him running out of time) I thought there must be a better way. In the past I have had a number of one off lessons with heaps of pros all of whom helped me go from beginner to hacker but now I'm looking at making the leap to golfer. Most recently I have done some online lessons with a US based pro but its hard to make progress physically not being on the range with them.

-I take shallow divots, starting a little bit behind the ball but not too bad.

-I don't know what my swing speed is these days. I'm using Hogan Apec Edge Pro's with a 30 degree 6 iron and 46 degree PW. As I mentioned earlier I have tried numerous clubs and shaft combos and distance is more or less the same taking into account the differences in loft. My issue is that at best my max 8 iron is 130 (more like 115 thedse days) and I consider myself to be in great physical shape, the best I have ever been.

So I'm at a loss.

JADO75
29th September 2015, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you swing like a girl unfortunately

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:22 PM
I've got nothing to hide, I want to improve, I hope this link helps so you can see where I'm at.

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you swing like a girl unfortunately

Yep and ugly one.

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:25 PM
Link isnt working, I'll try and get some swing videos up another way.

mrbluu
29th September 2015, 01:29 PM
And an old bald bloke knock a 4 hybrid inside your 6 iron.
It thought it was a 5 hybrid cos definitely my 7iron. [emoji1]

mrbluu
29th September 2015, 01:36 PM
Link isnt working, I'll try and get some swing videos up another way.
Are u marking out how far the ball goes with the neo or u just basing it on the fmb measurements ?

What is your swing speed with a driver?? If its around 90mph u are maxing your numbers.

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:45 PM
Are u marking out how far the ball goes with the neo or u just basing it on the fmb measurements ?

What is your swing speed with a driver?? If its around 90mph u are maxing your numbers.

I'm marking out with the neo, I set it at 0 and walk to my ball. I have no idea what my swing speed is.

Peppas
29th September 2015, 01:47 PM
Need more compression

And nonchalance

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:52 PM
Need more compression

Great, how? Any good drills?

stopper
29th September 2015, 01:53 PM
And nonchalance

and I guess by this you mean that I shouldn't give so much of a shit.

3Puttpete
29th September 2015, 01:57 PM
Why do you need to add 15m to your clubs?

coalesce
29th September 2015, 02:01 PM
and I guess by this you mean that I shouldn't give so much of a shit.

There's something in this. It doesn't matter what the number is on the club you use - what is important is that you know what distances you hit each club and play to those.

I'm similar to you in age & height & not too far off in weight. From 145m I would also be using a 6i, except in summer conditions where with roll-out I'd not need as much club. I've never had my swing speed measured, and I've not been fitted for my clubs, but I use regular flex shafts, and that distance is pretty consistent for me.

What makes you think you should be hitting the ball some distance other than what you are, particularly if you feel you are making good contact?

stopper
29th September 2015, 02:03 PM
Why do you need to add 15m to your clubs?

Well I'm playing to an 18 handicap now. I hit maybe 12-13 fairways per round and 3-4 greens per round. I know chipping and putting will get my scroes down but I figure being able to hit a driver 240m and 6 iron 150m will help also. Plus for a relatively young and fit bloke I don't think 150 from a 6 iron is too much to ask.

AusOdy
29th September 2015, 02:05 PM
remember i saw a chart of avg pro distance for a 7i is 130m carry so i'm not fuzzy about distance

pro from LPGA

3Puttpete
29th September 2015, 02:08 PM
Well I'm playing to an 18 handicap now. I hit maybe 12-13 fairways per round and 3-4 greens per round. I know chipping and putting will get my scroes down but I figure being able to hit a driver 240m and 6 iron 150m will help also. Plus for a relatively young and fit bloke I don't think 150 from a 6 iron is too much to ask.

Do you only have 3 clubs and a putter?

stopper
29th September 2015, 02:20 PM
There's something in this. It doesn't matter what the number is on the club you use - what is important is that you know what distances you hit each club and play to those.

I'm similar to you in age & height & not too far off in weight. From 145m I would also be using a 6i, except in summer conditions where with roll-out I'd not need as much club. I've never had my swing speed measured, and I've not been fitted for my clubs, but I use regular flex shafts, and that distance is pretty consistent for me.

What makes you think you should be hitting the ball some distance other than what you are, particularly if you feel you are making good contact?

I agree that I probably should just relax and enjoy playing, and typically that is what I do, I'm a pretty calm guy on the course and I would say a lot of fun to to play with as I know I'm a hacker and I just try to play each hole in as few strokes as possible.

However away from the course, when I'm working on my swing and game, I do get all analytical and bent up on trying to get better. I'm just at a point now where I can't figure out how to get better and to be honest it is driving me nuts, especially those times when I feel like I've pured the shot only to find the ball going no where.

What makes me feel like I should be hitting the ball further? Well I know that every now and then I used to be able to hit a 6 iron 155+ so something is up.

coalesce
29th September 2015, 02:27 PM

Again, you sound like me. But I think where I need to work most is my short game - getting up and down in 2 more often is what will get my scores down quicker than hitting it further and still needing more than 2 shots to get the ball in the hole. I guess that's why I'm not concerned about how far I am hitting it.

I agree that I probably should just relax and enjoy playing, and typically that is what I do, I'm a pretty calm guy on the course and I would say a lot of fun to to play with as I know I'm a hacker and I just try to play each hole in as few strokes as possible.

However away from the course, when I'm working on my swing and game, I do get all analytical and bent up on trying to get better. I'm just at a point now where I can't figure out how to get better and to be honest it is driving me nuts, especially those times when I feel like I've pured the shot only to find the ball going no where.

What makes me feel like I should be hitting the ball further? Well I know that every now and then I used to be able to hit a 6 iron 155+ so something is up.

I only ever hit a 6i that far when I've bladed it, had the wind behind me, or got a large amount of roll. Otherwise you are talking about a 10% increase - or for me, between 1-2 clubs...

stopper
29th September 2015, 02:35 PM
Do you only have 3 clubs and a putter?

Not sure what you mean. I play with 12 clubs.

3Puttpete
29th September 2015, 02:37 PM
Not sure what you mean. I play with 12 clubs.

As far as I can tell you hit your 8 iron 130 but reckon you need to hit it 145.

I was just checking how many clubs you had because you haven't mentioned a 7 iron.

stopper
29th September 2015, 02:37 PM
Again, you sound like me. But I think where I need to work most is my short game - getting up and down in 2 more often is what will get my scores down quicker than hitting it further and still needing more than 2 shots to get the ball in the hole. I guess that's why I'm not concerned about how far I am hitting it.

I only ever hit a 6i that far when I've bladed it, had the wind behind me, or got a large amount of roll. Otherwise you are talking about a 10% increase - or for me, between 1-2 clubs...

I would say my avergae 6 iron used to be 145m total, quite comfortably actually. Not that long but okay.

Based on the sim today I'm looking at 135.

I'm going backwards.

coalesce
29th September 2015, 02:41 PM
I would say my avergae 6 iron used to be 145m total, quite comfortably actually. Not that long but okay.

Based on the sim today I'm looking at 135.

I'm going backwards.

Did your 145m measurement come from the same sim? Are you comparing 2 completely different measures?

stopper
29th September 2015, 02:55 PM
Did your 145m measurement come from the same sim? Are you comparing 2 completely different measures?

I have been hitting my 6 iron short on the coursre for a while now. The sim today confirmed it. I am comparing 2 different measures but in reality I know that I was short before and I'm shorter now.

stopper
29th September 2015, 03:08 PM
Let's see if this link works.

Its the most recent swing video I have however it is part of an online lesson I took a couple months back.

I really do want to get better so I don't mind sharing with the community.

I just cannot get the feeling of generating speed.

razaar
29th September 2015, 03:09 PM
Stopper, you are more than likely slapping at the ball. A slapper is a player whose focus is more on the back swing than on the downswing and the through swing. This player has the concept that if he gets the back swing right the rest will take care of itself. The perversities of golf include learning the back swing first. Some players never get past this stage. Consequently their forward swing is mostly speculative and ceases at the ball instead of accelerating through the ball position to the finish.

razaar
29th September 2015, 03:27 PM
To give u an idea of what a power swing looks like, check out a you-tube video "How to swing with power and control Victor Rodriguez swing evolution. Victor is a long driving competitor so his movements are more focused on power/ swing speed with an element of control. The forward elements in his swing are present in the power players on the Tour and are what the legends of the game did. Ask your teacher to teach u these movements. Luv to learn his reply.

mrbluu
29th September 2015, 03:34 PM
Let's see if this link works.http://www.athletenation.com/videos/anthony-2--2/viewIts the most recent swing video I have however it is part of an online lesson I took a couple months back.I really do want to get better so I don't mind sharing with the community.I just cannot get the feeling of generating speed. Have you got a video of your swing in motion?

wizard_of_oz
29th September 2015, 03:36 PM
Stopper, you can comfortably get to a 8-11 handicap even with hitting a 6 iron 145m. I'm a terrible ball striker, and have a 10.8 GA while hitting a 6 iron 140m. I've played with a few guys who drive the ball shorter than me but are playing off 7 or 8. It's really not about distance for a recreational golfer who wants to get to high single figures. You can chop it around like I do and still score. I've got no desire to be a scratch player and have no time to dedicate myself to become one. I typically lose a few shots early in the round as I just rock up and head straight to the tee without any warm up. Those few shots easily could lower my hcp but I don't care enough to wake up that much earlier to make it to the golf course.

stopper
29th September 2015, 03:42 PM
Have you got a video of your swing in motion? I'll take some new video tomorrow

shanksalot
29th September 2015, 07:41 PM
I suspect you are releasing the club way early. All the lag you create at the top of the backswing must be maintained till the last possible split second.
Turning the shoulders early , will cause the club to cast early and all the lovely lag is gone at chest height instead of at or near the ball.

The drill I used to learn how to maintain lag till late was the pump drill.
Simply go to top of backswing making sure your wrists are creating 90* lag angle between left forearm and shaft.
Slowly bring club and hands down into impact area till hands are over right knee or even a bit past.
Make sure to maintain 90* angle . Shoulders will be closed to target line{ important] to help get clubhead to ball from the inside ,not over the top
Once hands are at right knee relax the wrists and let the club "release"

The key for me was learning to be patient and waiting for the hands to get to the right knee before letting the soft wrists release the club.
Do this without a ball say 10 times .
Then with a ball. Use no effort .
Once this move is learnt , a few things happen
Hands get in front of ball at impact ,which de-lofts the club turning your 8 iron into a 7 or 6.5 iron!!! instant distance
The energy in the club releasing will smack the ball , trust the club to do the work.
When you start to hit the ball consistently doing this you can add more distance by turning the hips harder at the start of the release, and SMACk . time it right and enjoy.
You can see this will take some practice
Hope this helps.
If not just de- loft the irons 4* and you will hit all clubs an extra 10m ;)

Just watched the video.
look at your lag { or lack of it} in the right video. all your POWAH left when that 90* angle opened up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAef1L7rh0s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAef1L7rh0shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIz-xC0aRc)[/URL] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAef1L7rh0s)
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIz-xC0aRc

Jazz18
29th September 2015, 08:03 PM
Stopper, you can comfortably get to a 8-11 handicap even with hitting a 6 iron 145m. I'm a terrible ball striker, and have a 10.8 GA while hitting a 6 iron 140m. I've played with a few guys who drive the ball shorter than me but are playing off 7 or 8. It's really not about distance for a recreational golfer who wants to get to high single figures. You can chop it around like I do and still score. I've got no desire to be a scratch player and have no time to dedicate myself to become one. I typically lose a few shots early in the round as I just rock up and head straight to the tee without any warm up. Those few shots easily could lower my hcp but I don't care enough to wake up that much earlier to make it to the golf course.

I'd agree completely. I play regularly with a guy who plays off 3 and I play off 11 at the moment. I am A LOT longer than he is. I hit my 7 iron (somewhat traditional lofts) 150m all things equal. He would probably hit a hard 6 iron in his jacked up G25's that far at best. I hit a much better ball than he does but he rungs rings around me every time we play because he knows how to score and play golf. Focus on how to score and play golf, not now far you hit it. You'll never improve by focusing on how to hit it further.

shanksalot
29th September 2015, 08:44 PM
Focus on how to score and play golf, not now far you hit it.

What he said!
Learn the short game first and watch your hcp fall.
Hitting the ball far is fun but takes time and patience and practice for us non gifted golfers!!!
I play off 8 and hit the ball decent because that's all I practiced for the last 10 years.
Get to the green and the wheels fall off.
Now Ive got to do the hard yards on the short game practice which I probably should have done first!!

stopper
30th September 2015, 09:54 AM
Okay so I played 9 this morning and got some video which I'll upload at some point.

Distance was still 2 clubs short.

I hit 4/6 fairways, 4/9 greens, but missed a lot of putts (had 20 in total), only got up and down once and after being +1 after the first 3 holes ended with a +7.

So I know with good course management and little better short game I can get my handicap down from 18 to 14 or even 12, however the lack of distance ans zing to my shots is really bothering me. There is definitley a flaw in my swing that I want to fix. I'm not asking to hit 300m drives, 240m will do me.

stopper
30th September 2015, 09:56 AM
I suspect you are releasing the club way early. All the lag you create at the top of the backswing must be maintained till the last possible split second.
Turning the shoulders early , will cause the club to cast early and all the lovely lag is gone at chest height instead of at or near the ball.

The drill I used to learn how to maintain lag till late was the pump drill.
Simply go to top of backswing making sure your wrists are creating 90* lag angle between left forearm and shaft.
Slowly bring club and hands down into impact area till hands are over right knee or even a bit past.
Make sure to maintain 90* angle . Shoulders will be closed to target line{ important] to help get clubhead to ball from the inside ,not over the top
Once hands are at right knee relax the wrists and let the club "release"

The key for me was learning to be patient and waiting for the hands to get to the right knee before letting the soft wrists release the club.
Do this without a ball say 10 times .
Then with a ball. Use no effort .
Once this move is learnt , a few things happen
Hands get in front of ball at impact ,which de-lofts the club turning your 8 iron into a 7 or 6.5 iron!!! instant distance
The energy in the club releasing will smack the ball , trust the club to do the work.
When you start to hit the ball consistently doing this you can add more distance by turning the hips harder at the start of the release, and SMACk . time it right and enjoy.
You can see this will take some practice
Hope this helps.
If not just de- loft the irons 4* and you will hit all clubs an extra 10m ;)

Just watched the video.
look at your lag { or lack of it} in the right video. all your POWAH left when that 90* angle opened up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAef1L7rh0s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAef1L7rh0shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIz-xC0aRc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIz-xC0aRc

Thanks for the drills.

oldracer
30th September 2015, 10:36 AM
If you watch Justin Rose pre-shot routine, he shows you what shanks is talking about

razaar
30th September 2015, 12:51 PM
Stopper, my guess is that u are already doing this move. The above drills will train u to stop or brace the body as you swing the arms down. Is this what u wish to do - cut the body out? That is a slap, what u need is a sustained hit with the power of the body behind the strike.

Find yourself a teacher who can get the message across on how to use the body to power the hands with the correct technique. Be prepared to learn swing elements that are the opposite of what your instincts are telling u.

stopper
30th September 2015, 01:15 PM
Stopper, my guess is that u are already doing this move. The above drills will train u to stop or brace the body as you swing the arms down. Is this what u wish to do - cut the body out? That is a slap, what u need is a sustained hit with the power of the body behind the strike.

Find yourself a teacher who can get the message across on how to use the body to power the hands with the correct technique. Be prepared to learn swing elements that are the opposite of what your instincts are telling u.

I understand what you are suggesting.

How do I find out more about usibg the body to power the hands? Can you point me to anywhere online (youtube?) that I can read up on or watch videos about this?

I checked out that Victor Rodriguez youtube clip and I'm not sure that I can mkae those types of moves.

wizard_of_oz
30th September 2015, 01:45 PM
BTW stopper what sort of clubs are you using and flex? My personal opinion is that unless you want to put in the hours and hours of practice to ingrain a new swing and spend the $$$$, a recreational golfer can enjoy the game and shoot decent scores by focusing on other aspects of the game.

Peppas
30th September 2015, 02:00 PM
I only hit my 6i 130m today. I was a bit annoyed too, but then I 3 jabbed.

razaar
30th September 2015, 02:22 PM
I understand what you are suggesting.

How do I find out more about usibg the body to power the hands? Can you point me to anywhere online (youtube?) that I can read up on or watch videos about this?

I checked out that Victor Rodriguez youtube clip and I'm not sure that I can mkae those types of moves.Anybody can make those moves unless they have disabilities, they only need to be shown what to do and grasp the concept of why the body needs to work in this way. Victor is a good place to start your search (he has other videos about how he learned to swing like that). IMO you will need one on one teaching by someone who can give you direction and correction as well as specific exercises and drills to piece a swing together bit by bit. It takes time and many hours of work concentrated on those new elements being introduced to the swing. It may take 6 months of dedicated effort before you start to fully grasp the concept of the changes. How long does it take to learn to play a musical instrument or drive a manual car in city traffic?

mrbluu
30th September 2015, 02:55 PM

Not enough nonchalance??

Peppas
30th September 2015, 03:02 PM
Not enough nonchalance??

Oh I cared less after the 3 jab :)

stopper
30th September 2015, 03:06 PM
BTW stopper what sort of clubs are you using and flex? My personal opinion is that unless you want to put in the hours and hours of practice to ingrain a new swing and spend the $$$$, a recreational golfer can enjoy the game and shoot decent scores by focusing on other aspects of the game. I hear what you're saying, for sure I would enjoy playing a few rounds with some g25's but I would much rather sort my swing out long term.

oldracer
30th September 2015, 03:11 PM
I only hit my 6i 130m today. I was a bit annoyed too, but then I 3 jabbed.sure u didn't think it was your 9i cause you are a beast, :)

3Puttpete
30th September 2015, 03:29 PM

All's well that ends well. Good man

Peppas
30th September 2015, 03:34 PM
sure u didn't think it was your 9i cause you are a beast, :)

Im not a beast anymore now that I weigh less than 70kg :(

Peppas
30th September 2015, 03:35 PM
All's well that ends well. Good man

4/2 :)

oldracer
30th September 2015, 05:00 PM
4/2 :)haha where's that "like" button

3Puttpete
30th September 2015, 05:03 PM
4/2 :)

That wasn't my focus

razaar
30th September 2015, 07:38 PM
Stopper, one thing that is common power leak with the majority of golfers is how they are coiled at the top of the back swing. If the spine is not coiled to its Max with both shoulder blades pressed against the ribcage, then there will be slack in the coil and the connection of the arms to the shoulders will be loose. In this instance any movements by the lower body and trunk to power the swing will fail through a loose connection between the pelvis and the arms. The body is cut out of the swing when it should be pulling (through rotation) the arms and club down and through to the finish.
The feeling at the top of the back swing is total resistance by the legs to the backswing, resistance in the right hip joint, a straight left side with a slight left lateral bend with the longer clubs and the sensation that the left shoulder is twisting towards the target. This arrangement will have the spine fully coiled with a solid connection of the left shoulder/upper arm unit. Any movement in the lower body will cause a corresponding reaction in the arms.

Johnny Canuck
30th September 2015, 08:14 PM
Alright Stopper.

Collaborate and listen.

JADO75
30th September 2015, 08:42 PM
Alright Stopper.

Collaborate and listen.

Mucking awesome!

Johnny Canuck
30th September 2015, 08:45 PM
Mucking awesome!

[emoji3]

benno_r
30th September 2015, 08:46 PM
Alright Stopper.

Collaborate and listen.

POTY - across all golf forums.

shanksalot
30th September 2015, 08:49 PM
Stopper, my guess is that u are already doing this move

Did you see this?

http://www.athletenation.com/videos/anthony-2--2/view

Note the lines the coach draws on the right video and compare them to the position of the pump drill .
A slap will happen if you don't turn the body at the bottom of the "pump"{ see the first video link I posted}

The body is turning too hard too early in the vid on the right.
He needs to wait until his hands reach his right leg before he turns hard I believe. He is "spinning out" ?
It will take time to fix for sure.
Took me about 12 months to fix from doing exactly this for about 9 years.
Still do it under pressure sometimes. my downswing thought is "wait / release"
What you think Razaar

razaar
1st October 2015, 12:00 AM
Shanks, the back swing is too inside for that set up, so it starts off inside the swing plane from the start. He then has to loop it outside to get on plane which he does with the right shoulder instead of with the lower body. From there it is a cast because the right shoulder has used its power during the transition. I outlined the correct sequence for an anti over the top swing in the recent "over the top" thread.
When I hear teachers say u need to speed your hands up, alarm bells ring that this guy can't teach the golf swing.

Johnny Canuck
1st October 2015, 03:17 AM
POTY - across all golf forums.

Word to your mother.

Haystacks
1st October 2015, 11:57 AM
Word to your mother.

Word? Or Werd?

p4m
2nd October 2015, 03:16 PM
Stopper,

Think you need some self discovery. Coaches can guide but you must find what works for you in a day in/out basis.

I have some swing feels now i am striking the ball better then ever - none of this came from a coach but they confirmed what i was doing with certain feelings is correct swing mechanics.

Why don't you go to a range and try something different, swing harder, swing softer(smoother) swing in to out, out to in, side to side, release early, release late, flip, dont flip.

You might be surprised what you can self discovery

Cheers

DC

Hidepenny
28th October 2015, 08:00 PM
Probably a late response and not recommended. But I am kind of suspicious of your claim, somewhere on your first few posts you said your divots started behind the ball, shouldn't it be few inches in front of the ball for compression to work? If you are flipping then the distance isn't so bad. Also you gotta define "fit". Go to the range with your driver and imagine the ball is your worst enemy. Hit it at 100% until you have muscle failure. Next day locate the muscles that aches and start working them out in other form of exercise training to get your power up assuming your swing is sound. That's how I'd do it.

kiwitown
29th October 2015, 12:59 PM
Im not a beast anymore now that I weigh less than 70kg :(

I think my left leg is 70kg alone!

mrbluu
29th October 2015, 02:47 PM
I think my left leg is 70kg alone!
I hope ur right left is of similar size otherwise u might have massive issues with weight transfer with your swing.

Richo1
15th December 2015, 04:31 PM
I hope ur right left is of similar size otherwise u might have massive issues with weight transfer with your swing. Stack & Tilt?😂