PDA

View Full Version : Ugly but effective swing

senecio
24th July 2004, 04:29 PM
Played this morning with a guy who swings the club right handed but with his left hand below his right at address. It looked bloody awkward but he was striking the ball well.

I'm not the longest off the tee but I'm not that short either and he wasn't that far behind. He hit everything with a big high hook. What made it look even worse was that he played off the back foot to the point where his left foot would come off the ground and he would end up with his shoulders square to the target.

His 36 pts (11hcp) to my 29pts (9hcp) just shows how frustrating this game can be.

Ryan

AndyP
24th July 2004, 05:32 PM
Played with a guy like this last week. Was torture to watch it. :shock:

markTHEblake
24th July 2004, 06:12 PM
Name wouldnt happen to be Freddie someone wouldnt it?

He swung like that, and hit it all over the place, but when he got one in the middle - pretty long.

There was another fella in Townsville, played off 4, hit everything with a huge fade.

Then there is Leo Lofthouse, won about 30 club championships at Sandgate, played off scratch or so his whole life, never got a run in the Qld team for possibly political reasons.

Ona
24th July 2004, 06:32 PM
mate of mine who ive played with since i was 15 has the dog ugliest swing ive ever seen.
The bugger plays off 6 right now and has been as low as 4 :shock: :x :evil:

might see if ive got some old footage i can post up

Golfgirl
26th July 2004, 04:56 PM
I play week in and week out with little old ladies who have some of the worst swings that you can imagine.... the common fault seems to be a lack of back swing, and plenty of "hitches" and "pauses" in various parts of the swing also.... :? :roll:

And week in and week out they beat me.... and my swing isn't terrible, so they must be doing something right..... :evil:

(They all chip and putt like their lives depend on it.... very scary :shock: )

Ona
26th July 2004, 10:49 PM
always thought that if you could merge an old ladies swing (long + slow) and an old mans (short + jerky) you'd have a pretty good package :D so most of the old dears :roll: in your area have short swings GG?