PDA

View Full Version : Open competitions?

goughy
14th April 2006, 06:34 PM
This is a question resulting from my 1st tee thread re: pacific golf club.

I was always of the understanding that if a visitor played in a clubs (not their own) standard competition then they paid the green fee plus the comp fee, a reciprocal member would pay a reduced green fee and the comp fee. Of course some clubs may do this differently.

But during a clubs open competition then all members from other clubs only paid the members competition fee for the day.

Am I wrong in assuming this. Pacific has told me that a non-reciprocal member playing in the open comp will pay $40. Seems really steep to me.

Grunt
14th April 2006, 07:09 PM
Mac Grange has just changed the Saturday Visitors Comp Fee even though they advertise it as an open day, can't remember exact details but figure is close to $50 with a cart, used to be $39.

Moe Norman
14th April 2006, 08:00 PM
usually its comp fee and a reduced green fee. Reciprocal rights (depending on the level of reciprocals) should be comp fee only.

EG: social round at Gailes costs about $40. Open Comp is about $20

Jarro
15th April 2006, 12:55 AM
open comp at Nudgee is $20 i think

Iain
15th April 2006, 11:05 AM
open comp at Nudgee is $20 i think

Yeah, that's it at Nudgee.

$40 is ridiculous for an open comp though. It's not that nice a course!! :-s

Jarro
15th April 2006, 11:09 AM
not worth $40 that's for sure.

markTHEblake
15th April 2006, 11:35 AM
It just depends on whatever the agreement is between the two clubs - although in most cases the arrangement is the same, they can vary. So just because one waives the green fee entirely, it doesnt mean they all do.

Some even permit waiver of nomination fee or waiting periods if you transfer your membership to a another club. A lot of people joined Darwin so when they got transferred back to Adelaide they could get straight into some of those stuck up clubs they have down there.

For the Emerald Lakes members its worth noting they dont have reciprocal rights with any club, and apparently neither does any of the other privately owned resort clubs either, and why would they when their main income is green fees.

Keza_G
15th April 2006, 01:11 PM
Riverlakes.... Normal Saturday Green fee's are $30 walking...
Visitors comp Fee is $21.. (must have golflink card therefore AGU Handicap)No recipricol at Riverlakes.....

Andrew
15th April 2006, 02:41 PM
At my home course the mid-week green fees are $80 walking & $115 with cart. I'm not sure about weekends. I'm pretty sure they would make coorporate deals for groups.
Members guest is $40.
The only open day they have is the last Friday of the month which is $35 for visitors.
Reciprocals are Cobram-Barooga, Commonwealth, Woodlands, Peninsula, Portsea, Spring Valley, Victoria, Wollongong, Federal, The Grange, Indooropilly, Gailes, Royal Fremantle, Launceston, Royal Hobart, Harewood, Manawatu, Paraparaumu,Titirangi