PDA

View Full Version : Windsor nsw

stopper
21st September 2015, 02:24 PM
Anyone a member?

3oneday
21st September 2015, 03:43 PM
Used to be, nice track, is that where you play?

stopper
21st September 2015, 06:04 PM
Just 9 holes whenever I get a chance. I enjoy the front... Don't mind some holes on the back. I would like to join.

Anfield
21st September 2015, 06:10 PM
Nice enough course
Excellent pro and pro shop
Nice cold beer
Too many domed greens for this hacker though although i still get there every now and then

mrbluu
21st September 2015, 06:37 PM
Never played there.

live4golf
21st September 2015, 06:57 PM
Was a member there ages ago, my mate got shafted as President and the old farts that ran him out nearly ruined it...juniors left, members left. Not played there since, did enjoy the course when I played it and the clubhouse was good too. Michael Moulds was the pro and was a really good bloke. No idea what it is like now.

JADO75
21st September 2015, 07:34 PM
Wayne in the pro shop is a great bloke but unfortunately when it rains plenty you won't play there for months

stopper
22nd September 2015, 10:52 AM
I would probably play one comp a month, usually on a Sunday. However over the summer I will try and get in at least 9 social holes each week so I was thinking a cheap 6 day membdership might save me some $$$.

BogeyGolfer
24th September 2015, 12:18 PM
Played there once last year, won't be rushing back. Greens are okay, but tees & fairways pretty average. The holes are VERY boring on the front, the back 9 provides a better mix with some short par 4's and challenging holes that are fun to play. Drive 5 minutes further down the road and play Richmond, good course, in good condition and a very easy walk. It's better in pretty much every aspect compared to Windsor.

stopper
24th September 2015, 12:23 PM
At Windsor I like holes 1-3, 7 and 8. I also like the 10th, 16th and 17th. In fact the 16th is probably my favourite.

I know what you mean about some of the holes at Windsor but honestly the one time I played Richmond I found it to be even more boring, flat plus I kept getting lost.