PDA

View Full Version : App for road directions with no tolls option

Ferrins
15th September 2015, 09:06 AM
Surely there is one with this feature for iphone. tried Waze but can't make sense of it.

BGH
15th September 2015, 09:08 AM
On google maps for Android you can tell it to avoid toll roads and have been able to for a long time. I would be very surprised if the same option doesn't exist for iPhone.

mrbluu
15th September 2015, 09:09 AM
Surely there is one with this feature for iphone. tried Waze but can't make sense of it.

Does iphone have google maps?? You can go into route options and select "avoid tolls".

3Puttpete
15th September 2015, 09:11 AM
The iPhone app gives alternate routes. Choose one of those

Ferrins
15th September 2015, 09:18 AM
ok trying Google Maps

LeftyHoges
15th September 2015, 09:55 AM
Does iphone have google maps?? You can go into route options and select "avoid tolls".

It does, and can.

markTHEblake
15th September 2015, 07:39 PM
I use that all the time on Google Maps, except cant enable it by default it seems, you got to choose that option everytime setting up a new route.

p.s. its good to know I am not the only conscientious objector to outrageous toll charges!
I read somewhere that the Logan Motorway was paid off +10 years ago.

PerryGroves
15th September 2015, 11:48 PM
I read somewhere that the Logan Motorway was paid off +10 years ago.

The Harbour Bridge was paid off in the 80s

damoocow
16th September 2015, 01:19 AM
Not sure that you have to pay tolls in Brisbane Mr F. Didn't a guy recently win his court case about unpaid toll fees?

Grunt
16th September 2015, 06:47 AM
I like toll roads, if all the whingers stayed off them I would be able to avoid traffic jams everywhere.

markTHEblake
16th September 2015, 12:54 PM
Not sure that you have to pay tolls in Brisbane Mr F. Didn't a guy recently win his court case about unpaid toll fees? Same guy who writes up all the statistics from Toll Road revenues. His dispute was constitutional that the citizen is entitled to pay all government charges in coins at the time the service is provided. Something like that. Apparently the TOLL people have stopped sending him fines so he gets unlimited free toll roads.