PDA

View Full Version : Macarthur Grange Cup/Plate 29th April

Grunt
12th April 2006, 05:27 PM
Hi all

Just to let you all know, Pete was going to join me for a game at Macarthur Grange on the 29th April. Well after speaking to the pro shop this afternoon and I was reminded that it was Cup/Plate day.
I have asked for an early tee time around 7:15. I could more than likely get some more on if people want to play. If anyone wants to join us let me know.

I think the Handicap split between Cup & Plate entry is 12 (1-11 cup) (12 & up Plate)

connico
12th April 2006, 05:29 PM
Ill join you grunt, you can get your gloves then too if we dont meet before then??

whats cup and plate and how does it play?

Grunt
12th April 2006, 05:32 PM
Stroke event, they are trying to build it into a known event played the last Saturday in April each year.

I will also need Full names, Handicaps and Home Club etc.

connico
12th April 2006, 05:34 PM
coolies, well im there, freaking 7 something but lol thats early, i gotta leave the house by 6 to get there lol :)

Regardless ill bring your gloves to

Grunt
12th April 2006, 11:02 PM
I have got one full group now, seeing as we are a full group already I might have to request a little later tee time (around 7:30) so as not to pee off any member that are looking for tee times. There is going to be a fair few visitors for the day and the tee slots might fill up rather quickly.

Players so far

3oneDay
Grunt
Andrew
Connico

connico
12th April 2006, 11:23 PM
that was quick :)

Andrew
12th April 2006, 11:54 PM
So, can we make this an Ozgolf Championship round. It has all the required ingredients - It's on a weekend & Pete can make it.:)

3oneday
13th April 2006, 03:40 AM
So, can we make this an Ozgolf Championship round. It has all the required ingredients - It's on a weekend & Pete can make it.:)nice one Jono :p

:lol:

Jono
13th April 2006, 06:33 AM
So, can we make this an Ozgolf Championship round. It has all the required ingredients - It's on a weekend & Pete can make it.:)

Is the Fishman coming? ;) :lol:

Grunt
13th April 2006, 07:54 AM
Hi guys just hit a snag, I rang the club to book and found out the feild is split into 2 groups Cup players and Plate players. The two can't be in the same group. This means Pete and Andrew can play together & Anthony & I can player together. Karl (the golf Manager) did tell me we may be able to play in following groups (ie. the last cup group and first plate group)

The cost is $39 ($20 comp fee + $19 Cart)

Are you guys still interested? The tee slots will be allocated next weekend 22nd April.
It now would be great to get 2 groups as we could have a good ozgolf day and maybe play like our QLD friends did the other week and walk away with some of the prizes.

Virgal_Tracy
13th April 2006, 09:13 AM
Put me down as a probable for the plate group if it is an early start. If it gets past 8am I am out. The earlier the better for me.HAve dad responsiblities after lunch.

Fingers are crossed.

Grunt
13th April 2006, 09:21 AM
Will find out this morning for you Vince. Pete has dropped out as he wanted to play in the same group & I totally understand too, Will have to see if Andrew is of the same opinion.

connico
13th April 2006, 09:48 AM
well id rather play in the same group,but what the hell i havnt played the grange yet so ill be still in.

Grunt
13th April 2006, 09:49 AM
I have spoken to the club once more & to be honest I really dont feel like playing now either. Even though Cup & Plate players cannot play in the same group, there seems to be an idea that cup players can tee off when they like. The 1st block of tee shot will be for Cup players, they are thinking this will be 6-8 Groups, starting around 6:45 (depending on light), then Plate players ? groups (around 7:30-8 ), then more Cup players around 10am.
But the thing I picked up from this was if there were more Cup players wanting to play early the Plate players would be pushed back some more. Also players from the same club would not be able to play in same group (not sure if this was visitors only).
I was told this all was the case last year, I never played last year.

I will post more next week when it may become more clear how this all works (clear as mud). That is if any of you are still interested.

connico
13th April 2006, 09:56 AM
bugger, well id still like a game, but if its like that, maybe not, i still got new brighton as my fall back lol :)

Grunt
13th April 2006, 09:59 AM
I will let you know more Anthony later in the weeks to come

jimandr
13th April 2006, 11:22 PM
Grunt,

Think of this situation as further incentive to get to a lower handicap. High handicap members always get treated shabbily whenever an 'event' is on. At Camden Valley the higher guys get shunted onto the easy nine when the events are on, leaving 1 to 18 for the top guys.

From a club promotion point of view its understandable. The only visitors will be the low markers, who will then give a good report to their low marker mates if they are treated well. There is no glamour in catering for high markers.

It's rough for the run of the mill member, but its only one or two times a year, so most will put up with it.

Connico, there'll be plenty of other opportunities to play Mac Grange. Carnarvon on the Sunday is still on, with Brad and Ping, so we can get our OzGolf fix there.

I may have been interested if the tee time kept moving back, but 7.30 was still too early for me.

connico
14th April 2006, 02:48 AM
yeah i know there are plenty of times to play the grange, it doesnt worry me, will just organise another day for it right?

Grunt
18th April 2006, 08:33 PM
Well guys if any of you wish to play, you may be on your own I am more than likely to be giving it a miss. My parents have offered to have Tayla for the weekend so Rachelle & I are going to have a weekend away.

Grunt
29th April 2006, 08:33 PM
Just a follow up for you all about this day and the way the rules change day to day at Macarthur Grange.
I popped into the club to try and get a tee time straight after nightshift for next weekend on Thursday. While failing to do so I saw the tee sheet for the cup/plate.
It was nothing like that was pointed out to me earlier in the planning. Groups were almost alternate Cup then Plate. If I had known that we may have been able to organise an OzGolf day, oh well their loss.