PDA

View Full Version : Bag Longevity

Virgal_Tracy
12th April 2006, 01:07 PM
After reading Chris32's intro it got me to thinking who on this nsite can lay claim to the longest period since they had changed a club in their bag.

There is a lot of changes going on but who has had the same clubs in the bag for the longest period.

It won't be me because I changed my irons 2 1/2 wks ago.

Cmon lets have the non ho's start bragging.

AndyP
12th April 2006, 01:17 PM
Just because we are non-hos, it doesn't mean we don't make necessary golf purchases.....

I technically haven't changed a club in my bag since October last year, when I obtained the Raven irons. (I did just buy some wedges but they are not in the bag)

connico
12th April 2006, 01:54 PM
I have said this about my previous bag, but i think its safe for me now to state that my bag wont get a change till next year

AndyP
12th April 2006, 02:00 PM
In the meantime, you'll just kick tyres to your heart's content.

rick3003
12th April 2006, 02:06 PM
I have said this about my previous bag, but i think its safe for me now to state that my bag wont get a change till next year
I'll put some dough on that one Anthony!

Courty
12th April 2006, 02:09 PM
Meh, only about 6 months since my last addition (V-Steel 3). I'll be making another purchase as soon as I start playing again, too.

Matt 3 Jab
12th April 2006, 02:15 PM
I had my retco 3 wood for around 7 years in the bag, until i joined here it was safe ;)

3oneday
12th April 2006, 02:27 PM
I've had my wedges for 18 months now.....

Sorry, this will be my last post in this thread.... ;)

connico
12th April 2006, 02:35 PM
I'll put some dough on that one Anthony!

lol i got odds going already, im putting 5 to 1 that i keep the bag till the end of year, that means no additional equipment brought, but equipment swap outs with current stuff i have for the right courses.

I hope that when i go up to the champs will still have the bag i have now.

Fishman Dan
12th April 2006, 02:55 PM
I bought a Ping Anser 4 2 weeks ago. That doesn't make me a HO - ask how many Ho's are using a 10+ year old PING putter ;)

I replaced my driver at the end of last year.. prior to that were 2 wedges from Trung (which don't count according to AP :roll:)... about a year ago i bought a Whale 5w for $30.....

Courty
12th April 2006, 03:02 PM
I bought a Ping Anser 4 2 weeks ago. That doesn't make me a HO - ask how many Ho's are using a 10+ year old PING putter ;)

I replaced my driver at the end of last year.. prior to that were 2 wedges from Trung (which don't count according to AP :roll:)... about a year ago i bought a Whale 5w for $30.....

Doesn't mean you're not a Ho. It just makes you a tight-a$$ pseudo-ho. ;)

AndyP
12th April 2006, 03:26 PM
I answered the question about bag changes. They don't count, because they are not and have never been in my bag.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:53 PM
just waiting for Blake to come in hear boasting how he's had his shovels in the bag for 40 years or something like that :roll:

I've had my driver in my bag for a few years now. It's been in my bag longer than any other club.

Fishman Dan
12th April 2006, 03:54 PM
So you're willing to spend the money exchanging equipment, but NOT use it? With that logic A-Lo can't be classed as a HO.. there's no bag in the land that can fit that many clubs in it!

AndyP
12th April 2006, 04:00 PM
So you're willing to spend the money exchanging equipment, but NOT use it? With that logic A-Lo can't be classed as a HO.. there's no bag in the land that can fit that many clubs in it!
Well, if theres a profit to be made......

Just haven't put them in the bag yet, and may not. Shafts need to be changed and my golf budget has been slashed.

Grunt
12th April 2006, 04:04 PM
Does swapping clubs in and out of the bag count?
I think my current clubs will stay it will just be a swap around occasionally to enable 4 wedges or 3 woods etc.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 04:06 PM
Does swapping clubs in and out of the bag count?

not sure, but i'm sure Fishy has the rule book for Ho-ing sitting opened on his desk somewhere :roll:

give it 40 minutes Grant.

Fishman Dan
12th April 2006, 04:46 PM
Rule 1: Buy a club
Rule 2: Use it a few times.
Rule 3: DON'T SKY IT!
Rule 4: Post a review on OzGolf. Use the words "Sweeeet", and where possible "....forgiving for a blade"
Rule 5: Make sure you tell everyone of how far you hit it. Use the algorithm "n + 5 metres" where 'n' = any previous club.
Rule 5.1: Don't tell them about the bad shots
Rule 6: Sell it to some other poor soul.

connico
12th April 2006, 04:49 PM
According to these rules i am classed as a non hoe, i dont sell equipment, i hoard it :)

Ona
12th April 2006, 08:59 PM
are ya looking for entire bags that haven't changed? mines been as is for 10 months. but not for long...

Moe Norman
12th April 2006, 09:39 PM
december 2001 - november 2005: only two putter changes.

july 2002 - november 2005: ZERO bag changes.

November 2005 - Present: about 10 bag changes.

BrisWesty
12th April 2006, 10:22 PM
17/7/83 - half set of beginner clubs 3w, 5w, 3i, 5i, 7i, PW, putter
late 83 - added another half set 4w, 4i, 6i, 8i
late 84 - added 2nd hand SW
early 85 - 1.5w persimmon driver
mid 2000 - 9i
8/03 - 8* TI driver
11/03 - new putter (prize)

20/7/04 - new set of clubs - zero bag changes since

connico
13th April 2006, 09:52 AM
man you started golf just a month after i was born...that just brings my golf life into perspective :)

Jarro
13th April 2006, 10:35 AM
december 2001 - november 2005: only two putter changes.

july 2002 - november 2005: ZERO bag changes.

November 2005 - Present: about 10 bag changes.

interesting to note that you joined Ozgolf in early November 2005 as well ;)

BrisWesty
13th April 2006, 10:50 AM
man you started golf just a month after i was born...that just brings my golf life into perspective :)

Connico, I gave the game away for about 15 years in the middle there, so I'm not really the anti-Ho that I look like.

Funny about the correlation Jarro noted re Moe registering at Ozgolf and subsequent bag changes.

goughy
13th April 2006, 03:48 PM
Very little in my bag will be changing I guess. The only club I'm unhappy with is my 3 wood, but here's hopin g the dgs300 I just got in it solves the problem. Most of my bags pings so I won't have to replace them because of them wearing out, that's for sure.

Jarro
13th April 2006, 04:17 PM
Goughy .....

.. surely a Ping Ho like yourself must lust after a Ping 3 wood to complete the set ;)

goughy
13th April 2006, 04:42 PM
Nup. I like the head shape of the warbird. Nothing wrong with it as a club. Just the person driving it. I got all the pings I need to keep me satisfied.

Moe Norman
13th April 2006, 09:08 PM
interesting to note that you joined Ozgolf in early November 2005 as well :wink: coincidence only. My hogans were already very old and worn and I wasn't swinging well enough to hit blades anymore.

Tommyknocker
13th April 2006, 09:43 PM
I'm relatively new here and have only spent a short time reading through threads and am still finding my way.

One thing is sure - I'm going to like it here.

Does carrying an extra 2 iron, 3 wood, wedge and driver permanently in the boot of your car for those last minute set up changes count?

Last purchase that ended up in play was yet another three wood (A 14* Srixon 403) last week.

goughy
14th April 2006, 06:48 AM
Works for me....

I only leave them at work rather than in the car. But I'm not a ho (at least not the golfing variety ;) )

markTHEblake
14th April 2006, 08:04 AM
just waiting for Blake to come in hear boasting how he's had his shovels in the bag for 40 years or something like that :roll:.

Clown. you know i got my clubs from GCI so thats obviously impossible.

I last bought a new club about a year ago.

Do umbrellas count, i just replaced one after 17 years service.

maybe its time to revive the old "HO-rating" thread, and see who can really talk the talk.

Jarro
14th April 2006, 08:24 AM

maybe its time to revive the old "HO-rating" thread, and see who can really talk the talk.

good idea.

i've just found out i haven't changed drivers for a long while 8)

Chris32
20th April 2006, 09:47 AM
I had my retco 3 wood for around 7 years in the bag, until i joined here it was safe ;)

Funny, I read that and thought, I played the same irons for close on 10 years until I started browsing around here about a month ago!

since then its been new irons, wedges, hybrid instead of 3 wood

Only thing thats the same is my driver, I got that in January,but it isn't really the same because I snapped the shaft at the driving range! So thats had a new shaft...

My putter is safe for now, I have had that 9 years

BrisVegas
20th April 2006, 10:15 AM
Everything in my bag is less than 6 months old, except the irons.

Can't beat the 855s shovels... Bought em in 1996 brand new and they're still doing the job. All I've done is reshaft them once.