PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

just
12th April 2006, 09:39 AM
Hi
My name is Justin. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join.

I'm from Brisbane (live in Sandgate for the locals). Just getting back into golf after a having a job where I couldn't play much for the past ten years or so.

Looking to join a club on the northside of Brissie and get a handicap (currently don't have one). So any suggestions are welcome-so I can look into costs/clubs etc.

Look forward to meeting you and playing with you in the future.

Thanks

Justin

peter_rs
12th April 2006, 09:42 AM
Welcome Justin.

As for clubs on the north I'm don't know Nudgee is popular.

AndyP
12th April 2006, 09:55 AM
Hey Just, good to see some of you lurkers signing up.

We have a few members at Nudgee, and another has just joined Virginia (after leaving Wantima).

How did you come across the site?

Grunt
12th April 2006, 09:57 AM
Hi there Justin,

Welcome to the forum.

just
12th April 2006, 10:19 AM
Hi Andyp
Founf the site in a roundabout way. Searched the web for golf forums in Australia and found ISG. Did a search on ISG about Queensland and found a reference to OZGOLF and ended up here.

Justin

AndyP
12th April 2006, 10:25 AM
That's bloody funny.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 02:42 PM
welcome just .... glad you found us, even if it was in a rather unconventional manner ;)

I'm a member at Nudgee and find it one of the better value-for-money deals going around. If i can help you with any details regarding membership deals there just let me know 8)

CobraSS
12th April 2006, 05:04 PM
Hi
My name is Justin. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join.

I'm from Brisbane (live in Sandgate for the locals). Just getting back into golf after a having a job where I couldn't play much for the past ten years or so.

Looking to join a club on the northside of Brissie and get a handicap (currently don't have one). So any suggestions are welcome-so I can look into costs/clubs etc.

Look forward to meeting you and playing with you in the future.

Thanks

Justin

Woodford good course and cheap as chips. :smt023

just
12th April 2006, 05:15 PM
Hi Jarro
Very interested in any details you can give me about Nudgee membership. Not too far from my place so pretty convenient.
The other option I was thinking about was Redcliffe-anyone have info?

CobraSS
Thanks for the info on Woodforde. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Justin

AndyP
12th April 2006, 05:23 PM
One other option is a mega membership with Robina Woods for $129. Pretty much just a handicap maintenance membership.

This could interest you if you wanted to play lots of different courses in open comps and were a little tight on funds for a full membership at a club.

just
12th April 2006, 06:47 PM
Andyp
Thanks for the suggestion-I'll look into it. Any idea how someone goes about obtaining a hanicap with a deal like that?

Thanks
Justin

AndyP
12th April 2006, 06:51 PM
Andyp
Thanks for the suggestion-I'll look into it. Any idea how someone goes about obtaining a hanicap with a deal like that?

Thanks
Justin Just hand in 5 cards from any course/s that is signed by another AGU member.

There are several guys on this forum that have memberships like this through either Robina Woods or Emerald Lakes.

goughy
12th April 2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Andyp
Founf the site in a roundabout way. Searched the web for golf forums in Australia and found ISG. Did a search on ISG about Queensland and found a reference to OZGOLF and ended up here.

Justin

Welcome to ozgolf justin.

We really need to do something about our position in the search engines me thinks:?

Davemason
13th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Hi just
Hope you are here for fun
Hope to see you at the next big ozgolf day

markTHEblake
14th April 2006, 08:48 AM
Just hand in 5 cards from any course/s that is signed by another AGU member.

got to be 3 scores from home club.

whether the home club applies the AGU rule or not is another thing.

AndyP
14th April 2006, 04:05 PM
I guess the guys on this site that are using the cheap Emmy Lakes/Robina Woods deals had existing handicaps before. Except Damo, I think.