PDA

View Full Version : Qld: 2015 FNQ Matchplay

Courty
4th September 2015, 03:57 PM
It's back!

After a 2 year hiatus, Solarman has put his hand up to run another matchplay* to get the trophy back out of Haysey's hands.

He may confirm otherwise, but from what I can gather the basic rules are this:

All matches to be complete by 31/12/15.
Competitors arrange their own matches at a time & course that suits them, just advise the details in this thread.
Competitors can agree to their own versions of rules/ indexes etc. they just need to post the final result in this thread.
Players are ranked by number of wins, with a bonus point tiebreaker.
1st & 2nd playoff for the title after all matches are complete.
...and that's about it.

Draw & leaderboard below.

All queries & complaints to be directed at Solarman.

1hl3FH0iVf6Fau23YkMMORrhFQzUB9Ck6qDo0ldjGC3o

*I've only started this thread on Solarman's behalf because he is a technological buffoon.

Courty
5th September 2015, 03:57 PM
First match in the book... I prevailed 1up over Solarman at Atherton GC in their Monthly Medal this morning even though I had to give him 11 shots. :shock:

Interestingly, even though the match was alive for all 18 holes, we only squared 2 holes.

oldracer
5th September 2015, 05:39 PM
First match in the book... I prevailed 1up over Solarman at Atherton GC in their Monthly Medal this morning even though I had to give him 11 shots. :shock:

Interestingly, even though the match was alive for all 18 holes, we only squared 2 holes.wow, awesome Bobby!!!!! well done Courty, so close to never being able to put poo on the big guy again!!!!

Courty
5th September 2015, 07:14 PM
wow, awesome Bobby!!!!! well done Courty, so close to never being able to put poo on the big guy again!!!!

Fortunately for him, a 10 followed by a 9 is still only 2 down. :roll:

oldracer
5th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Fortunately for him, a 10 followed by a 9 is still only 2 down. :roll:hahahaha so funny...matchplay, luvit, smiling from ear to ear

LeftyHoges
7th September 2015, 02:10 PM

Interestingly, even though the match was alive for all 18 holes, we only squared 2 holes.

Am I dreaming, or is a match with only 2 squared holes physically impossible to be won only 1up?

3Puttpete
7th September 2015, 02:16 PM
Am I dreaming, or is a match with only 2 squared holes physically impossible to be won only 1up? It works in FNQ if you count using the extra toe

Courty
7th September 2015, 02:28 PM
Am I dreaming, or is a match with only 2 squared holes physically impossible to be won only 1up? There's lots of things that SHOULD be physically impossible that still happen when Solarman is around. He has a vortex around him that renders the laws of physics & maths irrelevant. :lol:Seriously though, you're correct. The last was squared but I probably counted it as a hole win because it was a match win. If he didn't put his 5m bunker shot 50m away, it might have been a different story. :shock:

oldracer
7th September 2015, 04:05 PM
"If he didn't put his 5m bunker shot 50m away, it might have been a different story. :shock:" so a sand save then????

Courty
12th September 2015, 01:12 PM
I managed to be least worst today to win my match against Hippo 4/2. Making bogies to win holes is how I roll. :lol:

Dcanto
12th September 2015, 02:47 PM
i managed to be least worst today to win my match against hippo 4/2. Making bogies to win holes is how i roll. :lol:. FFS

hippo10
12th September 2015, 08:01 PM
Yup. It was that bad.

Courty
26th September 2015, 02:42 PM
Haysey & I finished all square today. We both left a few shots out there that could have changed the outcome, but c'est la vie!

Now I can sit back & watch you all fight amongst yourselves to see who'll play me in the final. :mrgreen:

hippo10
11th January 2016, 11:16 AM
Well done to Haysey on the win again....