PDA

View Full Version : where do we find golf on TV these days

solidute
31st August 2015, 04:49 PM
ok so as im getting myself back into golf again (very slowly so far) im wanting to watch a bit more on tv. while not exactly riveting for some im wanting to watch a bit.

now flipping through the guides im not seeing anything pop up, i dont follow the tour(s) so i have no idea when they should be on but i figure that theres always some big tournament somewhere that could be on.

now i dont have and wont get foxtel or anything similar so i understand that probably eliminates the main source of tv golf but i have recently purchased one of those smart tvs. i havent really worked out if it was worth it but i figured things are heading that way so i may as well have one as i was getting a tv anyway.

it is a TCL branded thing so i dont know if that makes a difference compared to the bigger brands but should it?

either way i am wanting to know where you all get your golf viewing fix when you cant get out there? while not adelaide based that is my tv channel availability.

thanks in advance,

damo.

BGH
31st August 2015, 05:11 PM
You will struggle to find anything golf related on free to air TV these days mate. Maybe a few reruns of Golf Getaway, that's about it.

jimandr
31st August 2015, 05:13 PM
I'll let others answer the internet TV viewing question, as I don't know the answer, and that is the question solidute needs an answer to.

There is no golf on free to air TV, and I suspect there never will be overseas golf on our TV's again. Foxtel loves golf because it gives them lots of content at what I suspect is a fairly cheap price.

The Australian tourneys are still on free to air at the moment, but I can't see that lasting forever.

Scifisicko
31st August 2015, 05:26 PM
The Internet is excellent. the PGA offer live streaming of all events from the pga site. To access from Oz you need a VPN or a subscription to a VPN service. A service costs around $5 per month. Another bonus of internet Vs cable is less ads.

Lagerlover
31st August 2015, 05:56 PM
Excellent thread solidute, I'm watching with interest.

Thanks for it.

JADO75
31st August 2015, 07:14 PM
Red tube

Ron Burgundy
31st August 2015, 07:37 PM
Aside from the 3 big local tournaments over the summer and the U.S. masters, FTA is not your friend for golf. If you don't want to pay, streaming via cricfree.sx or similar is your best bet.

Jado's suggestion ain't bad either.

Scifisicko
31st August 2015, 07:51 PM
Aside from the 3 big local tournaments over the summer and the U.S. masters, FTA is not your friend for golf. If you don't want to pay, streaming via cricfree.sx or similar is your best bet.

Only because its free. Vpn and access through pga.com is better for quality and speed. There is also loads of malware on sites like cricfree and you need to know how to avoid it.

Captain Nemo
31st August 2015, 07:53 PM
Red tube

BS, I just checked....

G.K
31st August 2015, 08:03 PM
BS, I just checked....

I better just go and double check to be sure.....

solidute
31st August 2015, 08:08 PM
Red tube
Hole in one?

Jazz18
31st August 2015, 11:45 PM
Red tube

Wrong game Jado. Golf is where you have to get your ball in the hole, not the club.

Wenz
3rd September 2015, 09:49 PM
Balls deep?

Deester
4th September 2015, 01:34 PM
BS, I just checked....

Just search "golf" .... Plenty there. I never knew Ron "The Human Hedgehog" Jeremy was such a solid golfer. He's very consistent with his wood.

Kaniss
14th September 2015, 10:51 AM
Hole in one?

Doesn't seem like it these days. More like 2 or even 3 in 1 lol.