PDA

View Full Version : Audiophiles - Sonos speakers

timah!
28th August 2015, 07:33 PM
OzGolfers,

Has anyone had any experience with the Sonos audio brand? Looking at their play 1/3/5 range in particular.

Thanks,

Me.

Gammon
28th August 2015, 07:40 PM
OzGolfers,Has anyone had any experience with the Sonos audio brand? Looking at their play 1/3/5 range in particular.Thanks,Me.Have a look at the Denon Heos range. The software isn't as well developed (reasonably new product) but I think the sound is better. I've been looking at spending some money myself.

timah!
28th August 2015, 07:43 PM
Have a look at the Denon Heos range. The software isn't as well developed (reasonably new product) but I think the sound is better. I've been looking at spending some money myself.

Will do, although it looks like you can only pair the smaller of the three, where you can pair all three of the Sonos...not really likely in the short term, but a nice to have...

timah!
28th August 2015, 07:59 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/20/a-wireless-speaker-showdown-denons-heos-vs-sonos-review/

Interesting review...

Gammon
28th August 2015, 08:09 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/20/a-wireless-speaker-showdown-denons-heos-vs-sonos-review/

Interesting review...
Very detailed. I'll have a good read. A freind of mine has the Sonos. Which ever you choose it's pricey but so convenient, you will never go back. I want to get a pre amp so my existing speaker set up in the lounge room can be connected to the system. Pandora, Spotify and your own music all controlled by phone or tablet playing in different rooms. Awesome.

timah!
28th August 2015, 08:34 PM
Very detailed. I'll have a good read. A freind of mine has the Sonos. Which ever you choose it's pricey but so convenient, you will never go back. I want to get a pre amp so my existing speaker set up in the lounge room can be connected to the system. Pandora, Spotify and your own music all controlled by phone or tablet playing in different rooms. Awesome.

It's a great review. A little too great! Certainly muddies the water a bit ha!

hardboiled
28th August 2015, 11:02 PM
We've got a couple of Sonos 5s.. They sound very decent.
Also got a Sonos Connect, with upgraded DAC connected to an Valve amp powering a pair of Osborn Eclipse speakers.
Love the Sonos interface. When streaming Flac with Deezer the sound quality is exceptional.

AlexMc
31st August 2015, 06:50 AM
I have 1's throughout our place, plus a 5 and a Soundbar. Expensive, but I'd never go back.