PDA

View Full Version : Quick fix needed...hitting everything on the toe

live4golf
28th August 2015, 03:22 PM
I lost my swing, been out the back paddock hitting a few wedges to try and find it again and I noticed the ball/grass marks are on the toe of the club, some not even on the grooves. I tried a few different things but no luck.

Throw some suggestions at me, what could be causing this?

TIA

3Puttpete
28th August 2015, 03:23 PM
Hit off mats. No grass marks

razaar
28th August 2015, 03:48 PM
Toe strikes are usually caused by the hips moving in towards the ball and the upper body moving slightly away from the ball, during the downswing. Commonly referred to as goat humping. My suggestion is to keep the sternum in place throughout the swing and the knees level until you work out how to use the hips correctly.

razaar
28th August 2015, 03:54 PM
The correct hip action has the left hip as the door hinge during the back swing. If the right hip becomes the hinge then it moves the hips towards the ball, which is what you don't want. The upper body has to move back to give the arms room. This raises the hands through impact resulting in a toe strike.

live4golf
28th August 2015, 04:02 PM
How embarrassed am I? I just went out and stood closer to the ball, bringing my hands closer to my body and letting my arms hang down (slightly out due to my fat gut), hey presto, centre hits. something so basic...thanks for the replies, I'll try and stand closer to the ball, leaving a smaller gap between my hands and body.

razaar
28th August 2015, 04:13 PM
Nobody wants to be considered a goat humper.☺

live4golf
28th August 2015, 04:18 PM
Nobody wants to be considered a goat humper.☺

See that orphanage over there? - I donated all my life savings to build it...they don't call me Jordo the Generous

That fence, I built it with my bare hands...they don't call me Jordo the Fencer

The Hospital, I built the east wing...they don't call me Jordo the Builder

..but you hump one goat

markTHEblake
28th August 2015, 04:42 PM
how soon will the next thread be "hitting everything on the heel?"

mrbluu
28th August 2015, 06:59 PM
See that orphanage over there? - I donated all my life savings to build it...they don't call me Jordo the GenerousThat fence, I built it with my bare hands...they don't call me Jordo the FencerThe Hospital, I built the east wing...they don't call me Jordo the Builder..but you hump one goatHey Goat Humper, who is this Jordo you keep speaking of???

Courty
28th August 2015, 08:47 PM
Toe strikes are usually caused by the hips moving in towards the ball and the upper body moving slightly away from the ball, during the downswing. Commonly referred to as goat humping. My suggestion is to keep the sternum in place throughout the swing and the knees level until you work out how to use the hips correctly.

The correct hip action has the left hip as the door hinge during the back swing. If the right hip becomes the hinge then it moves the hips towards the ball, which is what you don't want. The upper body has to move back to give the arms room. This raises the hands through impact resulting in a toe strike.

Thanks for the info Ray, will come in handy for me a friend. ;)

razaar
28th August 2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info Ray, will come in handy for me a friend. ;)Courty tell your mate not to use his abs, a stomach crunch,even a minor one, will shorten the spine and move the hips towards the ball. There are lots of traps to look for in this game, most of it is common sense stuff. Have fun☺

Hatchman
29th August 2015, 04:08 PM
I can think of 3 goat f****r swings I put on shots today.

blurry
30th August 2015, 06:57 PM
goat humper. sheep shagger. doesnt matter , 12 degrees warmer 13 more working muscles

mrbluu
30th August 2015, 09:44 PM
I can think of 3 goat f****r swings I put on shots today.
This was me today!!!

live4golf
31st August 2015, 04:55 AM
This was me today!!! #binhviolatinhgoats

mrbluu
31st August 2015, 05:50 PM
#binhviolatinhgoats
No more than u have ;-)

live4golf
31st August 2015, 05:58 PM
No more than u have ;-)

The real story is that you invented the condom by using goat intestines....I just refined the idea by removing the intestines from the goat first. :mrgreen:

mrbluu
21st July 2016, 06:22 PM
Aaron Baddeley was a goat humper 😆

http://www.golfwrx.com/387988/the-swing-change-that-led-to-aaron-baddeleys-1st-win-in-4-years/

Hatchman
21st July 2016, 08:32 PM
Aaron Baddeley was a goat humper 

http://www.golfwrx.com/387988/the-swing-change-that-led-to-aaron-baddeleys-1st-win-in-4-years/

If it's in the bible it's ok.

highballin
21st July 2016, 08:45 PM
amen