Ferrins
28th August 2015, 06:18 AM
Why do they still fetch good money?

Daves
28th August 2015, 06:37 AM
Range Warriors love them.

Ferrins
28th August 2015, 06:40 AM
Looking at a set of irons and it comes with a TM XR-03 which still pulls $150USD+.

Daves
28th August 2015, 06:48 AM
Many Asian golfers have never played on a golf course, it is too expensive, so they live on multi-storey ranges, where it is all about how far you hit it, not what you score. To such an extent that the big US OEMs are seriously considering producing non conforming clubs for that market. The USGA is warning them not to cross that line!

Ferrins
28th August 2015, 07:06 AM
Would I be able to bag this in the SA Champs without those dumbo's catching on?

Lagerlover
28th August 2015, 07:13 AM

You'll be fine, just get a grown up to write "conforming" on the sole of the club and no one will be any the wiser.

*no need for them to use the quotations

Daves
28th August 2015, 07:14 AM
And I would also make sure my tax affairs were in order before I did so..........

markTHEblake
28th August 2015, 08:40 AM
Would I be able to bag this in the SA Champs without those dumbo's catching on? Just tell them the extra distance is attributed to the extra right hand strength you have.

Steve
28th August 2015, 09:11 AM
Is this another JDM thread ?

Hatchman
28th August 2015, 09:12 AM

The last ones that did that holidayed in Snowtown :razz:

jimandr
28th August 2015, 04:18 PM

I've seen the Ferret play, and we should encourage him to use a non-conforming driver. He normally hits three fairways a round, and the wide ones can be very wide.

wazamac
28th August 2015, 04:24 PM

No Kitcheners for you!!!!:razz:

Daves
28th August 2015, 04:26 PM
I've seen the Ferret play, and we should encourage him to use a non-conforming driver. He normally hits three fairways a round, and the wide ones can be very wide.

I agree Jim, I was just thinking the same.

Icestorm959
28th August 2015, 04:58 PM
The real answer is that a large proportion of Asian club golfers play for money within the group they are in, not for points against the larger field, so the rules are made up by the 4 players within the group - hence you regularly get games where you can use non-conforming equipment, drops out of out-of-bound areas, etc. (think the matchplay shenanigans in Caddyshack)

Considering the typical golfer there drops about US$300-400 for a round and bets about US$100 per hole, a lot of them are willing to spend alot more on non-conforming equipment to give themselves an edge (they also tend to be mid-high handicappers who are slower swingers as well). From a cultural/social context, it is not "seemly" to point out to people who you may be playing with and who may be higher up than you on the social scale, that they are cheating (with their non-conforming driver), so the best solution is often to have one of your own to use when your playing partners use them too.

From the course's point of view you're all just playing social golf anyway so its not policed either. Why would you give a rats ass that you can win $40 with 45 points, when you can win ~$1,000 from your playing partners over the round.

Ferrins
28th August 2015, 05:26 PM
I agree Jim, I was just thinking the same.

Rubbish my dispersion is tighter than a huskies butt hole.

Lagerlover
28th August 2015, 05:49 PM

:lol:

Daves
28th August 2015, 05:51 PM

Guess who has been eating the yellow snow!

Lagerlover
28th August 2015, 06:13 PM
Guess who has been eating the yellow snow!

POTTY of the year

Harry Putter
28th August 2015, 07:11 PM
Never really understood the fuss about non conforming drivers. For a handicap golfer the minimal amount of difference in shots per round would soon be adjusted in handicap.

A non conforming ball however . . .

magman
28th August 2015, 09:53 PM
How much difference is it gonna make? A slice is a slice, a hook a hook, no matter what club you hit it with. Also the cor on a drivers face can only really add a few metres at the most.

Harry Putter
28th August 2015, 10:41 PM
How much difference is it gonna make? A slice is a slice, a hook a hook, no matter what club you hit it with. Also the cor on a drivers face can only really add a few metres at the most.

Spot on - I still have a non-conforming Cobra 440 SZ lying around, I also have the Cobra L4V conforming which is way superior and have recently purchased a Cobra Bio Cell. They are all fine drivers but the longest is the Bio Cell, mainly due to the ability to fine tune the numbers on Flightscope.

Daves
29th August 2015, 07:15 AM
Plenty still in play around the place too I reckon. If you went through the bags of the average Saturday morning comp, I think you would be quite surprised what you would find in terms of non conforming! Fakes, non conforming Drivers, even homemades (putters mainly).

Ferrins
29th August 2015, 11:41 AM
Lajosi?

Daves
29th August 2015, 02:26 PM
Lajosi?

No, pretty sure they are considered conforming. I am talking about the wooden homemade jobs you see some of the old farts using. Most wouldn't comply because their lie angles exceed the maximum limit.

LarryLong
29th August 2015, 05:34 PM
One of my best mates plays a non-conforming driver, but he only plays golf when my old Uni foursome squares off for our semi-annual skins game. He takes great delight in telling us where we can jam the rulebook any time it is brought up (usually each time he pulls it out of the bag or hits a good one).

PeteyD
30th August 2015, 06:33 AM
No, pretty sure they are considered conforming. I am talking about the wooden homemade jobs you see some of the old farts using. Most wouldn't comply because their lie angles exceed the maximum limit.

Raja's sausage on a stick ...

Ferrins
30th August 2015, 06:38 AM
I played with one of those guys, copper pipe garage issue.