PDA

View Full Version : SA: Tanunda Pines, Saturday 29th August 8:15AM

thecollective
25th August 2015, 03:03 PM
Howdy,

Chilled and I are heading out to the wine country Saturday morning.

There are two spots available in our group if any ozgolfers wish to join us.

Member introduced rate (from memory) is around $35-$40

Let me know if you are keen

TC

Peppas
25th August 2015, 03:11 PM
Is this a pre-SA champs recon mission?

thecollective
25th August 2015, 03:48 PM
perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.....

I haven't struck a golf ball since the Lady Boy cheatball so it might be high scoring for me #champstank

TC

coalesce
25th August 2015, 04:34 PM
What time? Is there still a discount for vines members?

wazamac
25th August 2015, 05:05 PM
I'll be in for a change of scenery.

thecollective
25th August 2015, 05:07 PM
tee time 8:15

50% reciprocal for vines members (making green fee around $30 with the comp fee)

thecollective
25th August 2015, 05:11 PM
I'll be in for a change of scenery.

locked in, change of scenery; Yes definitely!

TC

wazamac
25th August 2015, 05:16 PM
locked in, change of scenery; Yes definitely!

TC

Normally tee of at 7am anyway so I will only be getting up about 15mins earlier than usual.

Hard_Pan
25th August 2015, 06:26 PM
Enjoy fellas! I'd love to join you but duty calls at NH..

coalesce
25th August 2015, 06:42 PM
Think I'll have to give it a miss this time. Need to be back home by lunchtime so it's too far for me

Chilled
25th August 2015, 06:58 PM
I'll be in for a change of scenery.That's what I thought also, only ever played it once before. I did promise TC I'd come up one day and what better chance than this sat when Kooey has a foursomes.....no thanks.

Is this a pre-SA champs recon mission?He found us out!!

/walks off sheepishly...

thecollective
26th August 2015, 09:35 PM
popped in for a quick visit today - course looking mighty good!!! should be a good one on Saturday; I haven't played TP for about 6 weeks so pumped to be playing it again.

TC

Chilled
27th August 2015, 08:53 AM
I haven't played it now for about 4 or 5 years so will be good to see how it's changed and how I'll go with it.

driftn69
27th August 2015, 04:05 PM
Best course i have played in SA. I should be playing there Sun.

wazamac
28th August 2015, 08:40 AM
See you guys tomorrow, never played the course so it should be fun.
Looks quite nice from the website.
Just hope I break 100, been really struggling the last month or so.

thecollective
28th August 2015, 03:38 PM
one spot still remaining up for grabs.....

calling Hatch and others?

TC

Hatchman
28th August 2015, 06:06 PM
one spot still remaining up for grabs.....

calling Hatch and others?

TC

I'm a goer for this.
Minister has given a leave pass.

Chilled
28th August 2015, 06:40 PM
Beauty Hatchy. Looks like it will be cold but apparently plenty of sun. See you guys down there bright and early, looking forward to it : )

thecollective
28th August 2015, 07:23 PM
Awesome we have a 4 ball, see you around 7:45. Seek me out before paying at pro shop so I can land us members guest rate and vines reciprocal (50%)

Chilled
29th August 2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks TC for the hosting! No thanks for those bloody greens though.....wow, pretty slick and undulating, no really easy GIR's out there....I struggled. I guess a score in the 80's was ok today but didn't feel like it. A solid 29pts today from me....haha. Enjoyable day out.

Hatchman
29th August 2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the hit guys. Thanks also for the laughs. I think I won that one with the putt from the front of the green on the par 3 6th.
Roast roll on the way around was very good when I stopped trying to stuff it down my wind pipe.
By far the most difficult greens to read and putt on that I've played all year. They are very large in size and you can end up putting from some very difficult spots with the slopes, mounds and change of levels. It's a bit of a :shock:when you get one that goes straight after watching them brake their ass off most of the day.

Chilled
29th August 2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the hit guys. Thanks also for the laughs. I think I won that one with the putt from the front of the green on the par 3 6th.That was an absolute delight and keep me going with laughs until waza's 0.3km/hr putt that almost went off the other side of the green....haha. That was awesome! Brutal greens.

Chilled
29th August 2015, 08:21 PM
Looks like everyone struggled today.....DSR 75.

Hatchman
29th August 2015, 08:26 PM
Looks like everyone struggled today.....DSR 75.

Glad I stank it up badly. Would hate for another low 30pts to be another flag. Got enough of those.

Chilled
29th August 2015, 08:29 PM
I'd hate to think what the DSR would be on a bad day...lol....we had great conditions out there today.

thecollective
29th August 2015, 11:49 PM
Chilled; it can get nasty trust me, once somebody won the comp on 35 points

Chilled
30th August 2015, 09:42 AM
Chilled; it can get nasty trust me, once somebody won the comp on 35 pointsI won Saturday comp with 37 pts once :D

wazamac
30th August 2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks TC for a great day. Enjoyed the course and layout. Hope to go back soon and play the greens when they aren't so quick, and maybe when my driver decides to work again,

thecollective
31st August 2015, 11:52 AM
You're welcome anytime Waza: in the hot part of summer we have to leave the grain relatively long to accommodate the extreme temperatures, that will be an ideal time for you to play the course as the greens are significantly slower.

I am probably due for a visit to the vines soon so will let you know

TC

Hatchman
1st September 2015, 06:19 PM
That was an absolute delight and keep me going with laughs until waza's 0.3km/hr putt that almost went off the other side of the green....haha. That was awesome! Brutal greens.

That's ok.
We both giggled like little girls when you chipped over the green on the 1st hole of the day from the back.

Waza's putt on the 10th was certainly a WTF :shock: moment. From side on it barley made it on and I thought it was going to be dead near the hole at the time.

Chilled
1st September 2015, 06:26 PM
That's ok.
We both giggled like little girls when you chipped over the green on the 1st hole of the day from the back.Unlike my playing partners who donned pink skirts and lippy and putted from off the green I thought I would chip like a man.....did you hear that!?? Like a MAN!

And yes, I went off the green, brutal greens :(

wazamac
1st September 2015, 06:41 PM
Nothin' wrong with a good texas wedge every now and then

Hatchman
1st September 2015, 07:14 PM
Unlike my playing partners who donned pink skirts and lippy and putted from off the green I thought I would chip like a man.....did you hear that!?? Like a MAN!

And yes, I went off the green, brutal greens :(

Maybe I should have chipped when on the green on that par 3 :D

Chilled
1st September 2015, 07:34 PM
Maybe I should have chipped when on the green on that par 3 :DAre you crazy dude!?? You would have ended up 50 feet out the back with those greens...:p

wazamac
1st September 2015, 07:53 PM
Or you should have just missed the green altogether like the rest of us!

Hatchman
1st September 2015, 09:44 PM
Or you should have just missed the green altogether like the rest of us!

I think your right :cry:.
Or maybe I should of hit a low cutter that just cleared the long grass between the tee and start of the fairway cut running it all the way to the back left of the green like the group behind :?