PDA

View Full Version : Windaroo Thur 27th April 7:30

Jono
11th April 2006, 11:31 AM
Looking for a game somewhere in Brisbane/Gold Coast area on Thursday 27 April. Anyone free for a game? Not too fussed about the course ... but would prefer to play a quality track. I heard Grange is good. I hear a lot about Windaroo and Nudgee on this forum ...

Anyway, please PM me or post here with suggestions and if you are free to play that day. Thanks.

AndyP
11th April 2006, 11:38 AM
I heard Grange is good.
Never heard of it, Jono.

Jarro
11th April 2006, 01:20 PM
Jono, i think you should just move up here.

you know the people are nicer , and the courses are better ;)

connico
11th April 2006, 01:22 PM
if your looking to take jono, take him, but bait him with cheaper gear... :)

Keza_G
11th April 2006, 01:28 PM
I maybe up for this....

I can do ya a quickee at Riverlakes..... :mrgreen:

Jono
11th April 2006, 06:26 PM
Never heard of it, Jono.

TS said I should play it ... Did a quick search on the net, and it seems like it's in South Australia ... :roll: :lol:

Jono
11th April 2006, 06:28 PM
I maybe up for this....

I can do ya a quickee at Riverlakes..... :mrgreen:

Riverlakes sounds good Keza. If you are free that day, can you organise a tee time? Be good to catch up with you and witness your long driving first hand ... 8)

Jono
11th April 2006, 06:43 PM
Jono, i think you should just move up here.

you know the people are nicer , and the courses are better ;)

Hmmm ... and you do get a lot more roll from those couch fairways ... :lol:

Keza_G
11th April 2006, 06:43 PM
Jono,

tell me a time and it shall be done....

addamsmith
12th April 2006, 05:17 PM
Hey Jono
I think I am off thursday as well so we can go up together if you are still staying at my place.
addam

Jono
12th April 2006, 05:35 PM
Keza, PM sent.

Addam, that sounds good mate. 8)

Keza_G
12th April 2006, 07:41 PM
I'm out...

Jono
13th April 2006, 09:28 AM
Tezza has organised a tee time at Windaroo. 7:30am ... bright and early. 8)

So far we have:

1. Tezza
2. Jono
3. Addam

Only one group booked so far, but we should be able to book more if we get more than 4 people. Anyone interested in a early morning hit? You can be back at work by lunch time ... ;) :lol:

990B Luva
14th April 2006, 03:16 PM
Doc, the Grange is a members only course. they are all rich b@$tards, i have a mate who is the buggy boy there..... he earns a fortune and gets dozens of free Pro V1/V1X/ B330 etc that are still in the sleeves cause the members are too lazy to take them out of the buggies and can afford to get new balls every round, the membership fee is something like $35000 but its one-off

perci
15th April 2006, 06:17 PM
Doc, the Grange is a members only course. they are all rich b@$tards, i have a mate who is the buggy boy there..... he earns a fortune and gets dozens of free Pro V1/V1X/ B330 etc that are still in the sleeves cause the members are too lazy to take them out of the buggies and can afford to get new balls every round, the membership fee is something like $35000 but its one-off

Hey young fella don't you mean The Grand!

terryand
19th April 2006, 08:00 PM
Here you go Jono,just a teaser to get you sweating before the day.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2183/snakegullylarge5uq.jpg

Jono
19th April 2006, 08:31 PM
The famous "Snake Gully", I presume ... 8)

So what are the options off the tee? Aim right and hit as far as you can? Aim for the little "tongue" of grass to the left with a long iron?

Can't wait to play this course ... :-D

shazza_rs
19th April 2006, 08:37 PM
don't be scared jono.....

just don't think bout the water..... ;)

terryand
19th April 2006, 08:38 PM
Fairway on the left side of the water is OB due to lawsuits.

You can hit it over the corner of the water if the wind is right and its off the white tees.

Depending on how gutsy you get get,you can hit a 260m drive and have from 9 iron to 3 wood in.

Terry.

BrisVegas
19th April 2006, 08:57 PM
Depending on how gutsy you get get,you can hit a 260m drive and have from 9 iron to 3 wood in.

wedge, actually.... but you can't hit it fat like I did.... :oops:

terryand
19th April 2006, 09:02 PM
I remember that shot Vegas. You pulled that drive,lucky you had plenty on it.

or maybe I'm wrong, you were aiming there weren't you :smt002

Either way big drive.

Terry.

BrisVegas
19th April 2006, 09:04 PM
I remember that shot Vegas. You pulled that drive,lucky you had plenty on it.

spot on. I pulled the ears off it. I was trying for a big sweeping hook "around" the bend, not over it...

Eag's
20th April 2006, 12:04 AM
Very daunting hole Jono, but it can be beaten (just let me know if you work out how :oops: )
I have hit everything from 9 iron to rescue in to that bloody green but I always find a way of stuffing it up :evil:

AndyP
20th April 2006, 08:05 AM
Have you tried laying up in front of the water for your 2nd, Eag's? Worked for me.....

Jono
20th April 2006, 12:32 PM
Great. Now I'll be thinking about this hole from the 1st tee! :shock: :lol:

terryand
25th April 2006, 05:32 PM
Any intertest for the last spot?

Terry.

Keza_G
27th April 2006, 05:04 PM
Caught up with the blokes on the 13th... How come I had to play off the Blue's....?? I'm a chick remeber... who no longer hits it long....

I put 2 ball in the ****er straight up....

Good to see Jono and Addam.... oh yeah and Birdie machine Tezza...

Thanks guys... Hope to have another game with you all soon...

Cheers

Keza

Jarro
27th April 2006, 05:16 PM
so how'd Jono go around there today ?? Did he birdie "Snake Gully" ?

any scores that are worth posting about ? ;)

Jono
27th April 2006, 05:42 PM
so how'd Jono go around there today ?? Did he birdie "Snake Gully" ?

any scores that are worth posting about ? ;)

After a good round at Robina yesterday, I was humbled by the mighty Windaroo. :( :lol:

Scores (off the back tees):
Tezza 80 (45 front, 35 back :shock: )
Addam 80
Jono 87

Tezza and I both had 45 on the front with some rusty play, but it was good to see Tezza come back. He started the back nine par, par, par, birdie, birdie, birdie to be 3 under for the back standing on the 16th (aka Snake Gully) tee. Unfortunately he bogied that after laying up and bogied the difficult 17th, but still had 1 under for the back nine.

I hit a pretty good drive on the 16th, but too far right. Had about 195 meters to the green and thought what the heck ... hit the 2 iron hybrid solid but hooked it ... SPLASH. Double bogie. :???:

Good to catch up with Keza ... Thanks for coming out. 8) I could see that she was moving away from the long drive swing and aiming for a more controlled swing. But we made her play off the blue tees ... :twisted: Just so that she didn't have to go by herself to the ladies tees, of course. ;)

The greens were a bit slow and some of the bunkers didn't have much sand in them, but overall, I was very impressed with the layout. Out of the three courses I've played so far (Oxley, Robina, Windaroo), I thought this was the most difficult. I commented to Tezza on the 17th that you could get high blood pressure playing this course week in week out ... :lol:

Anyway, it was great fun. Thanks for organizing the day Tezza. 8)