PDA

View Full Version : Anyone carry two putters?

Jono
23rd July 2004, 04:10 AM
Just wondering whether anybody here carries two putters. I met a guy who uses the broomstick putter for medium to short putts and a regular sized putter for longer putts. I think it's a good idea considering that putting takes up some 40% of total number of shots. I am not a broomstick person myself, but I am thinking of making up two putters with different weights. A heavy putter with back weighting under the grip for short putts and a lighter putter for long putts.

Of course, there are down sides as well. You have to take a club out (probably a long iron for me) of the bag and also you have to carry two putters to every green.

Any thoughts?

McMw
23rd July 2004, 08:35 AM
it's a "novelty" that will grow out of favour in time...

not so much the putting, but the hassles... :wink:

but yes...I did think of doing the same thing MANY TIMES!!!
just not sure what to drop...

Fishman Dan
23rd July 2004, 09:23 AM
I'd never have considered carrying 2 putters - and Jono, the way you putted the other day i doubt you will need to!

Surely 2 putters is a sign that you're using your head too much on a golf course?

AndyP
23rd July 2004, 09:55 AM
I'll be right with one putter. Might be a bit too confusing feel wise to have two of them.

Golfgirl
23rd July 2004, 10:10 AM
Having two putters has gotta be more confusing IMHO.... It takes me ages to get used to a different putter, and I just can't imagine swapping back and forth during a game.... :?

I'd rather get another wedge (some nice looking TM stuff in the pro shop atm) ..... :lol: :wink:

Jarro
24th July 2004, 07:59 AM
i'd never carry 2 putters .... just couldn't see the need :smt017

saying that though .... i have NO idea how some of you folks can use a long/belly putter :smt104

they've got me stumped :!:

markTHEblake
24th July 2004, 04:07 PM
The bloke needs psychiatric lessons if his putting is that bad.

Jono
24th July 2004, 05:50 PM
I'd never have considered carrying 2 putters - and Jono, the way you putted the other day i doubt you will need to!

Surely 2 putters is a sign that you're using your head too much on a golf course?

Dan, you haven't seen me putt badly ... yet! :wink: I'm OK on short putts, but my touch on the long ones (30 foot and over) leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, I'm going to build a light putter for long putts and a heavier one for short ones. The thought of having to carry two putters to every green is not that apealing but I guess I can get used to it ... IF I start putting better, that is. :lol:

jaster
24th July 2004, 06:41 PM
Rather than carry 2 putters just do some practice on your weak areas :smt043 :smt044 :smt109

terryand
24th July 2004, 07:17 PM
Rather than carry 2 putters just do some practice on your weak areas :smt043 :smt044 :smt109

Being a doctor I think Jono would have less tme to practise than the plumbers on the forum.

At least I get to go home when it gets dark, I think hospitals have lights don't they Jono :lol: no such luck for you :smt011

Terry.

jaster
24th July 2004, 07:25 PM
Oh your so hard done by Terry :P :lol: Read your PM yet? :wink:

Jono
24th July 2004, 07:32 PM
Practise ... hmmm ... what's that? :wink:

Jaster, you're absolutely right. I should practise more. But I love experimenting with clubs. Is it good for my game ... probably not. But it's definitely fun. :lol:

Terry, any word on the balance certified weights? I'm going to back weight the heavy putter ... i.e. the one I'm going to use for short putts. Do you find that having 100 grams or so at the butt end helps you to take the hands out of the putting stroke? For those who want to experiment, grab your set of keys (or something heavy) and grip your putter at the same time. Having some weight in your hands seems to (for me anyway) keep the hands from becoming too active.

AndyP
24th July 2004, 08:05 PM
Anyway, I'm going to build a light putter for long putts and a heavier one for short ones. The thought of having to carry two putters to every green is not that apealing but I guess I can get used to it ... IF I start putting better, that is. :lol:
You will only need to take two putters if you know you are far enough away to need both. Will be even more painful when you need to take a wedge with you as well. :roll:

So a what distance do you decide to use a certain putter? Will a uphill or downhill putt affect this distance? Sounds like a bad idea to me. :P

Jarro
24th July 2004, 08:11 PM
Jono,

.. just lash out and get a Scotty Cameron mate.....

.. problem solved :wink: :lol:

McMw
24th July 2004, 08:50 PM
kind a putter that you are abs comfortable with...whether it be a 50dollar or a 500dollar one...

never would I have thought i could get comfortable with the ping - but I'm loving it atm... :D

Jarro
24th July 2004, 09:04 PM
never would I have thought i could get comfortable with the ping - but I'm loving it atm... :D

don't tell me this one could be "The One" :P :lol:

McMw
24th July 2004, 09:07 PM
nah - THE ONE would make every single putt I look at...

this one feels just nice with the heavier head, and the grip thickness suits me just fine...

just wonder how long it'll be before the srixon swings back into the bag tho... :lol:

Jono
24th July 2004, 11:06 PM
don't tell me this one could be "The One" :P :lol:

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about this putter:

http://www.scientificgolfers.com/

:lol:

Golfgirl
26th July 2004, 04:46 PM
nah - THE ONE would make every single putt I look at...

Aaahhh.... so I haven't found the right putter yet either then.... :shock: :wink: