PDA

View Full Version : JDM Sub-Forum for Pro Shop?

backintheswing
23rd August 2015, 01:19 PM
Any chance we can have a sub forum "JDM" in the proshop.

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 01:25 PM
Good idea.

backintheswing
23rd August 2015, 01:26 PM
I think so. Keeps it separate and might stop some of the anti JDM behaviour.

Johnny Canuck
23rd August 2015, 01:46 PM

Nestle it in beside the high cappers who give swing advice thread.

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 01:49 PM

Yep with ya on that, USDM and JDM under proshop.

AndyP
23rd August 2015, 01:56 PM
Any chance we can have a sub forum "JDM" in the proshop.If it is a serious suggestion (I wouldn't know), then I can move the above posts to a new suggestion box thread for discussion.

backintheswing
23rd August 2015, 01:59 PM
Yes it's serious. Have a JDM sub forum in the section where the LH pro shop is.

I don't agree with hutchy's suggestion of usdm/JDM as that's not how we think in Australia. I don't go around saying my clubs are usdm.

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 02:42 PM
Yes it's serious. Have a JDM sub forum in the section where the LH pro shop is.

I don't agree with hutchy's suggestion of usdm/JDM as that's not how we think in Australia. I don't go around saying my clubs are usdm.

Just a suggestion, the clubs are what they are, that was my only point. But yes if thats how the separate markets are perceived here, JDM will be good anywhere.

kiwitown
23rd August 2015, 03:49 PM
Nestle it in beside the high cappers who give swing advice thread.

Ouch, your such a b***h....haha

Johnny Canuck
23rd August 2015, 03:59 PM
Ouch, your such a b***h....haha

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

backintheswing
23rd August 2015, 04:07 PM
Stay on topic

Ferrins
23rd August 2015, 04:29 PM
Isn't Tourspec the JDM nirvana? Just seems to me a bit of a drama with JDM as there is usually little info about the clubs and people who are really into it are a bit hypersensitive.

kiwitown
23rd August 2015, 04:37 PM
That wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Just joking mate, having a giggle.

kiwitown
23rd August 2015, 04:39 PM
While I think JDM section is a good idea, at this stage ie three enough JDM gear changing hands at the moment to warrant its own section?

backintheswing
23rd August 2015, 05:24 PM
Nearly half of the last 20 for sale threads have been JDM. I didn't check the archived ones though.

If Hutchy keeps going like he is it will be 100%

oldracer
23rd August 2015, 05:25 PM
Isn't Tourspec the JDM nirvana? Just seems to me a bit of a drama with JDM as there is usually little info about the clubs and people who are really into it are a bit hypersensitive.and there are those that aren't "into it" continually have a whack, really tiresome actually.

D22marshall
23rd August 2015, 05:31 PM
This is a sweet idea!!!

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 05:58 PM
A JDM section could be the go, Topics and sales. Would free up the rest of the site and have all JDM in one section. Just a thought.

Jazz18
23rd August 2015, 06:35 PM
isn't tourspec the jdm nirvana? Just seems to me a bit of a drama with jdm as there is usually little info about the clubs and people who are really into it are a bit hypersensitive.

what are you talking about! We are not hypersensitive! Oem clubs are crap. Dont know how anyone can play with them! Everyone should use jdm! :)

Ferrins
23rd August 2015, 06:58 PM
I have had JDM everything except shoes at some stage starting with a set of PRGR Data irons nearly 20 yrs ago. No joylights anymore though.

Jazz18
23rd August 2015, 07:25 PM
I think all the gear made these days is pretty good. It doesn't matter what club you like, as long as you like them and they work for your game. Each to their own. Might fall off this JDM roundabout one day but it's fun while I'm on it.

markTHEblake
23rd August 2015, 08:39 PM
Need a NPP section too for Perci's stuff

kiwitown
23rd August 2015, 08:40 PM
Need a NPP section too.

I'll bite ?

backintheswing
23rd August 2015, 08:43 PM
No pics provided

LarryLong
23rd August 2015, 09:04 PM
I don't see the point. We're not getting complaints from people about the pro shop being clogged with JDM threads to the point where they can't find the affordable clubs. Besides which, I don't see that much difference - they're just for sale threads, the same as any other.

kiwitown
23rd August 2015, 09:08 PM
No pics provided

Ok, what a dumb arse I am..,

While I agree that the last 20 post have have been JDM half oh them have been from Hutchy. I don't have an issue with JDM as I just purchased a Syard driver and I will buy more. But I think the one section is fine. Remember a new section won't stop the JDM haters.

AndyP
24th August 2015, 06:01 AM
From memory, a suggestion of splitting the pro shop into the different types of clubs, such as driver, putter, etc, was rejected by most.

mrbluu
24th August 2015, 07:24 AM
I think a separate JDM sub-forum is a good idea.

Jazz18
24th August 2015, 08:36 AM
Bits original idea was for the pro shop to have a separate JDM section. Are we still saying that or a separate forum section altogether for JDM discussion as well, not just the pro shop?

mrbluu
24th August 2015, 08:39 AM
Bits original idea was for the pro shop to have a separate JDM section. Are we still saying that or a separate forum section altogether for JDM discussion as well, not just the pro shop?
I say let's start with a proshop section first.

KristianJ
24th August 2015, 08:48 AM
Is the issue more with multiple FS threads from certain members than a JDM issue, as kiwitown may be implying?

Personal views on certain equipment won't necessarily be changed if they're separated from the "main" pro shop area.

But if the view is that people are concerned about seeing 4-5 FS threads each from Hutchy et al. on page 1, then I'd rather us consider consolidating FS threads into one. IMO the majority of people are quite capable of doing this, so I'd say we encourage this as the norm.

Yossarian
24th August 2015, 10:07 AM
Don't see the point of it.

meh
24th August 2015, 10:25 AM
Just put JDM at the front of the listing. Not bashing it but my ball striking isn't good enough to tell the difference.

shazza_rs
24th August 2015, 10:47 AM
I don't see the point. If a user only uses the "New Posts" tab the the threads would all still come up anyway.

LeftyHoges
24th August 2015, 01:08 PM
I don't see the point. If a user only uses the "New Posts" tab the the threads would all still come up anyway.

Can you put forum sections on ignore? As in, I don't wan't to see any crap from this particular forum sub-section?

If so, separate them and I'll be all over that!

timah!
24th August 2015, 03:25 PM
Can you put forum sections on ignore? As in, I don't wan't to see any crap from this particular forum sub-section?

Amen.

Johnny Canuck
24th August 2015, 03:31 PM
Just put JDM at the front of the listing. Not bashing it but my ball striking isn't good enough to tell the difference.

No one's is.

Especially all the mid cappers that swear by it.

shazza_rs
24th August 2015, 03:47 PM

You can only ignore individual threads as far as I'm aware. That would be an awesome feature though.

Lagerlover
24th August 2015, 03:48 PM
And users...

What did shazza just post??

3Puttpete
24th August 2015, 04:10 PM
And users...

What did shazza just post??

I'll bet she doesn't see that

hardboiled
24th August 2015, 04:20 PM
I'll bet she doesn't see that
Lol

Lagerlover
24th August 2015, 04:21 PM
It's okay, I PM'd her using my alias..

Jarro
24th August 2015, 04:42 PM
It's okay, I PM'd her using my alias..

AndyP ?
Youngboy ??

Jazz18
24th August 2015, 05:11 PM
Why is there so much anti JDM sentiment? I don't understand it. Or is it just a few people posting a lot of negative comments that makes it seem to be the case?

3Puttpete
24th August 2015, 05:14 PM
I don't think there's any anti JDM sentiment

Yossarian
24th August 2015, 05:14 PM
I think it is has a bit to do with the attitude, or perceived attitude, of certain JDM fan bois.

Personally I struggle with the idea that one piece of metal can be that much better than another.

Dotty
24th August 2015, 05:22 PM
I think it is has a bit to do with the attitude, or perceived attitude, of certain JDM fan bois.

Personally I struggle with the idea that one piece of metal can be that much better than another.
Don't knock them.

They would have paid top dollar for the Prelude.

Yossarian
24th August 2015, 05:23 PM
:lol::lol:

hacker
24th August 2015, 05:25 PM
Why is there so much anti JDM sentiment? I don't understand it. Or is it just a few people posting a lot of negative comments that makes it seem to be the case?

I think it might be to do with the pompousness, perceived or real, of those proclaiming the wonders of JDM.

For what it is worth I have a set of TourStage v8000 irons I quite like as well as Ping Eye 2+'s that I also like that could not be any further from forged JDM goodness.

Editing because Yoss said the same thing which means I must be right. Yoss is always right isn't he?

Lagerlover
24th August 2015, 05:37 PM
I don't think there's any anti JDM sentiment

+1

Lagerlover
24th August 2015, 05:38 PM
AndyP ?
Youngboy ??

See what I did there?

Ferrins
24th August 2015, 06:32 PM
What's not to love about JDM gear as they have some really cool stuff.

hardboiled
24th August 2015, 06:41 PM
What's not to love about JDM gear as they have some really cool stuff.
The price usually [emoji12]

mrbluu
24th August 2015, 06:43 PM
The price usually [emoji12]
That's never bothered u [emoji13]

Ferrins
24th August 2015, 06:46 PM
It filters through here at a resonable price.

AndyP
24th August 2015, 07:21 PM
This thread isn't about JDM; I'm sure there are plenty of threads for that. It's about whether there should be a separate forum in the Pro Shop to sell JDM gear or not. As it is a thread that the team need to check, it would be appreciated if it stayed on topic.

Dotty
25th August 2015, 06:08 AM
Will KDM and clubs sold exclusively in other Asian countries be included?

Daves
25th August 2015, 06:15 AM
Personally I reckon segregation will only make the JDM/Anti JDM thing worse and I don't see the point. But in practice, like having a Lefty section, I don't really care. A lot of what is being interpreted as recent Anti JDM, is more about an individual with some history with another member outside this forum.

Johnny Canuck
25th August 2015, 08:02 AM

Does it need a sub forum? No.

Negativity, I think it has to do with the fact that anytime something is posted the lemmings all show up and talk about how great things look, say how they wish they could buy it and say GLWS.

The fact that the majority are mid-high cappers, Coldtopper excluded, yet they profess how soft things feel, how flights can be controlled, etc, is what adds to the Wankerdom, when you know most do not know what they are talking about.

Steve57
25th August 2015, 09:03 AM
Well said JC.
I couldn't agree more, we don't need a separate Sub Forum, they are still golf clubs whether they come from Japan, China, USA or wherever!!

LeftyHoges
25th August 2015, 10:03 AM
We do need a sub-forum IF we have the ability to put said sub-forum on ignore. Otherwise it's kind of pointless. May as well just make a JDM prefix and that way people know what's what.

timah!
25th August 2015, 11:28 AM
Luckily, there's already an entire 'sub forum' where all the wankerdom is welcomed.
It's called TSG.

Hutchy
25th August 2015, 02:00 PM
Very special people wont be seen in there I guess...Tim will tell...

3Puttpete
25th August 2015, 02:09 PM
You're awesome Hutchy. I'm really glad you're here

Hutchy
25th August 2015, 02:12 PM
Yep thanks for the welcome.

LeftyHoges
25th August 2015, 02:34 PM

Tim will tell who?

Why are you singling him out?

Hutchy
25th August 2015, 02:40 PM
Tim will tell who?

Sorry typo...

timah!
25th August 2015, 02:40 PM

I reckon that's the only type of people you'll see in there...

Tim will tell who?

I'm not telling nuttin'!

Yossarian
25th August 2015, 03:05 PM

Hutchy
25th August 2015, 04:30 PM
Just.....too easy.

Johnny Canuck
25th August 2015, 04:40 PM

It's Shorty!

mrbluu
25th August 2015, 08:20 PM
It's Shroty!

FTFY

Johnny Canuck
25th August 2015, 08:21 PM
FTFY

Ror!

Ferrins
25th August 2015, 09:10 PM
Yep thanks for the welcome.

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
Reg: F^^k off! 'Judean People's Front'. We're the People's Front of Judea! 'Judean People's Front'.
Francis: Wankers.

Hutchy
26th August 2015, 05:21 AM
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, piss off! ;)