PDA

View Full Version : What tracks do you play

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 02:11 PM
Just keen to know what tracks are played and why. Need to know whats out there. What is your members course??

Are they easy, long, or cost effective etc

Some nice pics would be good.

Cheers.

Yossarian
23rd August 2015, 04:39 PM
I play at my home course. I play their because it is my home course. My course is Royal Perth.

They aren't easy but also they aren't long.

Here is a picture

Ferrins
23rd August 2015, 05:31 PM
Wouldn't be welcome at RQ.

Archi
23rd August 2015, 05:57 PM
played pennants at Royal Perth a couple of times - some of the fastest greens i've ever played on
and for something different in WA - has squirrels running around !

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 06:04 PM
Wouldn't be welcome at RQ.

Do they do week day specials?

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 06:05 PM
I play at my home course. I play their because it is my home course. My course is Royal Perth.

They aren't easy but also they aren't long.

Here is a picture

Nice pooch.

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 06:07 PM
played pennants at Royal Perth a couple of times - some of the fastest greens i've ever played on
and for something different in WA - has squirrels running around !

Sounds good, we got snakes here think they eat the squirrels. Nothing like a walk round a nice track.

benno_r
23rd August 2015, 06:09 PM
Sounds good, we got snakes here think they eat the squirrels. Nothing like a walk round a nice track.

What's your home track Hutchy?

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 06:27 PM
Nothmn special Royal boonah. Best greens in the scenic rim.

Try and get away to other tracks when I have a full day free.

V nice little course though. I say little it actually pretty long. Not Brookwater long but long enough.

Twinnys was my local when I lived up the coast and still remains one of my favourites, Peter Thomson design I think.

Duno who designed boonah ;)

Blackhelmo
23rd August 2015, 07:22 PM
Caboolture
Headlands
Played Maroochy River last week, a brand new course on Sunny coast
Played Glades yesterday down on Gold Coast

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 07:36 PM
Buderim headlands (alex)?

Blackhelmo
23rd August 2015, 08:15 PM
Yeah that's the one, my mate works there so play it about 4 times a year

Jazz18
23rd August 2015, 08:23 PM
Home course is Ryde Parramatta in Sydney. Parkland style course with loads of water in play and mostly small greens. Been there for nearly ten years. Love it. Only course I would join instead is Avondale in Pymble but don't have the money for the joining fee. Played Stonecutters Ridge a few weeks back and Riverside Oaks Bungool yesterday to mix it up a little.

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 08:33 PM
Yeah that's the one, my mate works there so play it about 4 times a year

Yep played it a couple times, good course but bit under maintained when I was ther, tough given it is a forest though.

How is pelican these days?

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 08:34 PM
Home course is Ryde Parramatta in Sydney. Parkland style course with loads of water in play and mostly small greens. Been there for nearly ten years. Love it. Only course I would join instead is Avondale in Pymble but don't have the money for the joining fee. Played Stonecutters Ridge a few weeks back and Riverside Oaks Bungool yesterday to mix it up a little.

keen to get down south and play a few tracks, hookup with Deno and a few other would be good.

PeteyD
23rd August 2015, 08:37 PM
keen to get down south and play a few tracks, hookup with Deno and a few other would be good.

Sign on to the Vic Champs.

Hutchy
23rd August 2015, 08:45 PM
Sign on to the Vic Champs.

When do they start.?

cantchip
24th August 2015, 02:12 PM
Play at Thurgoona here in Albury. Fairly long course (6372m par 72 from the tips), generally wide fairways and big greens. Really great layout IMO but the condition has been lacking the last few years as they had lost the fairways in winter. This has been addressed and things are looking good as the warmer weather approaches. It's not a course too miss left with your drives as there is OOB left on all bar two holes.

Usually try and play Murray Downs or Barham when visiting family, Murray Downs speaks for itself, great course. Barham I think is underrated. Especially since the renovations.

solarman
24th August 2015, 02:41 PM
Brisbane Golf Club........really easy, not long and no hazards. Ask Marto :)

Seriously, I am in FNQ so Cairns is the main track for me (harder than BGC)

Tongueboy
24th August 2015, 04:11 PM
Longyard in Tamworth, designed by the great white fish finger. Nice and easy to get on and no dramas getting a start in comps! The other track I play is Armidale. Parkland type course usually in top nick with great greens. Nice and pacey.

Courty
24th August 2015, 04:36 PM
Seriously, I am in FNQ so Cairns is the main track for me (harder than BGC)

I also play at Cairns GC, unfortunately in the same group as this knob.

Jarro
24th August 2015, 04:39 PM
Nudgee G.C.

... along with a few other OzGolfers.

PeteyD
24th August 2015, 04:57 PM
When do they start.?
Get your nose out of the pro shop and have a look. First weekend in feb.

PeteyD
24th August 2015, 04:58 PM
Oh and i play at redland bay.

golfbound
24th August 2015, 05:01 PM
Parkwood, Hope Island and The Glades here

Blackhelmo
24th August 2015, 06:20 PM
Yep played it a couple times, good course but bit under maintained when I was ther, tough given it is a forest though.

How is pelican these days?

Apparently it's pretty good. Played with the 2ic from Pelican last week and he said it was ok. When were you at Headland???

Hutchy
24th August 2015, 06:56 PM
Lived up ther for the first 6 months in oz bout 7 years back. BliBli.

Coolum was also good back then.

Pelican is a good track but just the sand...so much sand.

Hutchy
24th August 2015, 07:00 PM
Some nice tracks, Just looked at a few on the g map.

Have played nudgee in country week last year I think or year b4. pretty nice, like the layout.

feb could be done..plenty time to get sorted ;)

oldracer
24th August 2015, 07:20 PM
I also play at Cairns GC, unfortunately in the same group as this knob.I have played with BOTH these knobs

oldracer
24th August 2015, 07:30 PM
The famous Royal Nagambie is my local for a hit by myself, members give me the shits so I very rarely play comp there and it's a volunteer track, small push up greens and no sand but it's long......good for what it is, home course is Shepparton Golf Resort and Country Club, nice track, tight, built by a left hander as all fairways are dogleg or baby draw left, good greens and plenty of water to keep the greens nice. Great lunch time environment pre-match, nice red, $15 cooked lunch and some funny blokes to play with. Played Cairns GC a fair bit over the last 5 weeks and it's a very nice track, some great, interesting holes, played Paradise Palms and Palmer Sea Temple in Port Douglas during the same period, great tracks, enjoyed the whole lot, blokes I played with were ok as well.

Ferrins
24th August 2015, 07:43 PM
I play at Tenterfield GC and Sanctuary Cove.
I tend to play comps at Redcliffe, Redland Bay, Nudgee, Wynnum, Pacific, Keperra and Bribue Island

Gw 86
26th August 2015, 10:12 AM
Royal kwinana is the home track. Also regularly play the vines and joondelup with work mates

Dcanto
26th August 2015, 12:14 PM
....Played Cairns GC a fair bit over the last 5 weeks and it's a very nice track, some great, interesting holes, played Paradise Palms and Palmer Sea Temple in Port Douglas during the same period, great tracks, enjoyed the whole lot, blokes I played with were ok as well. You forgot to mention the famous Royal Gordonvale. ;)

JustABear
26th August 2015, 12:26 PM
Gungahlin Lakes is my home course, but play anywhere else when time permits... Which isn't enough :(

oldracer
26th August 2015, 01:39 PM
You forgot to mention the famous Royal Gordonvale. ;)hahahahaa, amazing, that is so funny....laying in the sack this morning thinking about just that, that I had forgotten the most memorable track of all...the Royal G!!!!!! good fun DC

supo67
26th August 2015, 06:34 PM
long reef,
wanna talk fast greens ?????

Lagerlover
26th August 2015, 07:49 PM

anything by Vega

freddy a
27th August 2015, 09:42 AM
Currently a member at Ocean Shores, if you want to challenge yourself come play our Blue Marker Day. Course set up is 6 par 3's, 6 par 4's and 6 par 5's and only 2 of the par 5's are realistically reachable in 2 unless you are tour long.
Greens are ginormous and super quick.
I used to be a member at Caboolture when I lived in Brisbane.

yaksta
27th August 2015, 11:11 AM
Member at Russell Vale, play at Kiama. Only play every 2-3 weeks on average. Play at Cowra at Easter and recently played Victor Harbor & Links Lady Bay on our annual getaway. Next year heading to Cairns.

markTHEblake
27th August 2015, 01:07 PM
I am now a member at Toowoomba City, and Helensvale. I play one weekend a month out west.

Two courses $1100 a year, I get to play more Sunday's, and good old fashioned hospitality from Mum. Win win.

Lagerlover
27th August 2015, 01:50 PM
Member at Russell Vale, play at Kiama. Only play every 2-3 weeks on average. Play at Cowra at Easter and recently played Victor Harbor & Links Lady Bay on our annual getaway. Next year heading to Cairns.

What was Victor like please yaksta?

Yossarian
27th August 2015, 03:34 PM
Get your nose out of the pro shop and have a look. First weekend in feb.

It is almost as if he just joined to sell.

Blackhelmo
27th August 2015, 07:38 PM
Currently a member at Ocean Shores, if you want to challenge yourself come play our Blue Marker Day. Course set up is 6 par 3's, 6 par 4's and 6 par 5's and only 2 of the par 5's are realistically reachable in 2 unless you are tour long.
Greens are ginormous and super quick.
I used to be a member at Caboolture when I lived in Brisbane. how long ago were you @caboolture!!!!

Bitter
27th August 2015, 09:17 PM
Central Coast - Toukley (Home Course), Wyong, Gosford, Terrigal, Tuggerah, Morisset, Starthaven..... oops sorry that last one is now Kooindah!. Wish I could say I frequent Kooindah Waters and Magenta Shores but don't have the $$$ to play them often but they are both great tracks.

yaksta
27th August 2015, 10:13 PM
What was Victor like please yaksta?
Nothing spectacular but a nice layout. Course was in good nick. Enjoyed the game. Was pretty quiet and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. They have a special on at the moment for $25. Cheers

LoveGolf2012
27th August 2015, 11:49 PM
I'm at Northern in Melbourne,play Barham and Cohuna when I go visit my Dad..Loving Northern,great track,currently getting better with 8,9,10 being renovated and also world class practice facilities being built!

Hutchy
28th August 2015, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the responce all. Some very nice track out there I goda try. Travelling and taking in some of the sights and new courses has been on the cards for a while. Haven't played a true ozzy links course yet. Any suggestions closer to home in SEQ.

Cheers.

Hutchy
28th August 2015, 12:11 AM
Trying to hook up a game at Bonville very soon If I can...anyone played that???

markTHEblake
28th August 2015, 08:36 AM
. Haven't played a true ozzy links course yet. Any suggestions closer to home in SEQ. Nope.

mudrat
28th August 2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the responce all. Some very nice track out there I goda try. Travelling and taking in some of the sights and new courses has been on the cards for a while. Haven't played a true ozzy links course yet. Any suggestions closer to home in SEQ.Cheers. Just play on the Gold Coast, the resort courses there are all JDM

freddy a
28th August 2015, 02:23 PM
how long ago were you @caboolture!!!!

About 6-7 years ago now was a member for about 8-10 years.

Jazz18
28th August 2015, 06:23 PM
Trying to hook up a game at Bonville very soon If I can...anyone played that???

Bonville is awesome! It is probably one of my favourite tracks if not my favourite. The bummer there is they took the original 2nd hole out of play because too many people were getting hit by golf balls. Shame, it was a terrific hole. Now, what used to be 17a is actually the 17th and in play all the time. Everyone should try and have a game there at least once. Very grainy greens from what I remember for a NSW golf course.

Lagerlover
28th August 2015, 06:33 PM
Get your nose out of the pro shop and have a look.

And there may have been an Ozgolf comp at Bonville of some sort at some stage...

3Puttpete
28th August 2015, 07:06 PM
And there may have been an Ozgolf comp at Bonville of some sort at some stage...

Found it

At the request of Marto for POTY second round scores are below. Had to go through the rubbish to find the scores!

Benno_r 34
DC68 32
Dotty 34
Davepuppies 36
TS 32
Liptout 36
JimandR 36
KristianJ 29
Megawatty 33
Daves 30
3puttpete 37
SMS316 30
Rqrox 27
Haystacks 29
Matty 31
Lagerlover 32
Peppas 28
PeterRS 33
Lucasto 28
Anfield 25

sms316
28th August 2015, 07:15 PM
Bonville is awesome! It is probably one of my favourite tracks if not my favourite. The bummer there is they took the original 2nd hole out of play because too many people were getting hit by golf balls. Shame, it was a terrific hole. Now, what used to be 17a is actually the 17th and in play all the time. Everyone should try and have a game there at least once. Very grainy greens from what I remember for a NSW golf course. You're easily pleased.

Shreko
28th August 2015, 07:16 PM
I am member at Hills International. Try to play all round SEQ throughout the month, Have a bucket list to complete all courses in SEQ in the next 5 years

MAZA68
29th August 2015, 08:31 PM
Currently Gold Coast Country Club until the end of the year, then .... tba. Pennant season (Senior) so have the chance to play some of the better courses around the Gold Coast - Hope Island, Arundal, Lakelands are in the line up.

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 11:46 AM
Just play on the Gold Coast, the resort courses there are all JDM

Cool must do that...thanks for the info.

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 11:52 AM
Bonville is awesome! It is probably one of my favourite tracks if not my favourite. The bummer there is they took the original 2nd hole out of play because too many people were getting hit by golf balls. Shame, it was a terrific hole. Now, what used to be 17a is actually the 17th and in play all the time. Everyone should try and have a game there at least once. Very grainy greens from what I remember for a NSW golf course.

Bonville is one I am very keen to play. Looks great. Shame about the second hole beware of flying pills ;)

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 11:53 AM
I am member at Hills International. Try to play all round SEQ throughout the month, Have a bucket list to complete all courses in SEQ in the next 5 years

Few of the fellas here played Hills, always wanted a crack at that track. Good track?

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 11:58 AM
Currently Gold Coast Country Club until the end of the year, then .... tba. Pennant season (Senior) so have the chance to play some of the better courses around the Gold Coast - Hope Island, Arundal, Lakelands are in the line up.

Never been GCCC, played Lakelands and Palmies, they fairly tough courses I thought. Keen to try Emerald.

sms316
30th August 2015, 12:22 PM
Boonah. Or is that Ipswich?

I am confuse.

Lagerlover
30th August 2015, 01:57 PM
I'd love to play Boonah, but it sounds so far away.

Pencil
30th August 2015, 02:01 PM
I play mostly at the closest cheap public track. Mostly because I barely play any more and when I do it's normally a last minute decision.

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 02:10 PM
Boonah. Or is that Ipswich?

I am confuse.

Could be Kalbar...emmm now I am lost, too confuse for me...glad its only 9 holes or I would be lost. GPS...JDM...TCG...MRG...WTFK...

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 02:12 PM
I'd love to play Boonah, but it sounds so far away.
Distance is measured between to points in time.

Hutchy
30th August 2015, 02:15 PM
I play mostly at the closest cheap public track. Mostly because I barely play any more and when I do it's normally a last minute decision.

Thats cool,wish I wasn't so far away from more tracks, the office is about 500 yards from Oxley. Home is about 10mins from Boonah....bring on the summer nights but that's as close as it gets for me.

timah!
30th August 2015, 02:42 PM

You're easily pleased.

Yep. Overrated AF...

D22marshall
30th August 2015, 03:33 PM
Bonville is awesome! It is probably one of my favourite tracks if not my favourite. The bummer there is they took the original 2nd hole out of play because too many people were getting hit by golf balls. Shame, it was a terrific hole. Now, what used to be 17a is actually the 17th and in play all the time. Everyone should try and have a game there at least once. Very grainy greens from what I remember for a NSW golf course.I am from sawtell and that's the best thing about heading home playing bonville and get a surf in with all the old mates.The only thing that holds bonville back is the cost per round and the greens can really suffer.

sms316
30th August 2015, 03:56 PM
I am from sawtell and that's the best thing about heading home playing bonville and get a surf in with all the old mates.The only thing that holds bonville back is the cost per round and the greens can really suffer. And the design is terrible.

backintheswing
30th August 2015, 04:02 PM
And the design is terrible.

And you never have a flat lie on the fairway. Lots of rubbish grass in the fairways last time I played there as well.

D22marshall
30th August 2015, 04:03 PM
Hard to please if you don't like bonville.
I would love the chance to play it week in week out.

D22marshall
30th August 2015, 04:04 PM
And you never have a flat lie on the fairway. Lots of rubbish grass in the fairways last time I played there as well. Isn't the undulations what makes golf fun and a challenge? Or is it about having a range like experience?

backintheswing
30th August 2015, 04:13 PM
Isn't the undulations what makes golf fun and a challenge? Or is it about having a range like experience?

I took my son there for his 18th birthday. We stayed on the course and we were both underwhelmed by the place.

Expected a lot more for the price and the hype.

Definitely not after a range like experience, but I won't be going back there in a hurry.

D22marshall
30th August 2015, 04:20 PM
Yeah the price is to steep totally agree. But the tranquility is awesome

Jazz18
30th August 2015, 04:43 PM
I think the Bonville design is cool. So many different types of holes. Each to their own I guess SMS. haven't played there for a while though so maybe the conditioning is lacking a little of late. I do remember the greens being a problem on one occasion in the past. I'm guessing not much sun gets in through the flooded gums. I'd play it week in week out too.

D22marshall
30th August 2015, 05:13 PM
I think the Bonville design is cool. So many different types of holes. Each to their own I guess SMS. haven't played there for a while though so maybe the conditioning is lacking a little of late. I do remember the greens being a problem on one occasion in the past. I'm guessing not much sun gets in through the flooded gums. I'd play it week in week out too. Yeah it's a light problem and the type of grass but with you jazz road trip!!

oldracer
30th August 2015, 05:32 PM
I took my son there for his 18th birthday. We stayed on the course and we were both underwhelmed by the place.

Expected a lot more for the price and the hype.

Definitely not after a range like experience, but I won't be going back there in a hurry.bugger, had it on the bucket list to play for my birthday road trip. Mate owns a supermarket up there and we went and had copious bevvies at the club house, hired a couple of carts and took the girls, champers on ice and did the tour of the course over a few hours, amazing place but I wasn't back playing golf then so didn't really take notice of the greens etc.

AndyP
30th August 2015, 05:47 PM
Why take the opinions of some over others who did like the course? Play and form your own opinion.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed my experience there, and that was with cored greens.

oldracer
30th August 2015, 05:53 PM
Why take the opinions of some over others who did like the course? Play and form your own opinion.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed my experience there, and that was with cored greens.true enough

Harry Putter
30th August 2015, 06:59 PM
Member of Mollymook, Hilltop and Beachside.

Hilltop is pretty impressive and takes a while not to be overawed. It can be hard to score which gives this track its rep. but this I feel is due mainly to the difficulty of kikuyu grass - a lack of run and short approaches will not chase forward but tend to get hung up on the fringe. Greens are also fast, large and undulating, which leaves a lot of golf even if on in reg.

I love the doglegs that this course throws at you and the downhill par 3's look so inviting. A well maintained and sheltered track. However, the uphill holes 8 and 18 both need good hits with every shot to have a chance of par - and if you are my age, a lie down halfway up is required also.

It compares very well to my home track in the UK but the facilities offered at the main clubhouse and the fun you can have on the 9 hole Beachside, with tiny raised greens, which are a great short game test, has really impressed me.

There is also a great mob of Vets and Ladies there, who have made us very welcome - probably because I have won nothing so far.
Still a member until February and the annual 5 day membership at $600 was a bargain, compared to UK costs.

backintheswing
30th August 2015, 07:05 PM
Member at Mackay Golf Club. Played there yesterday and the condition of the greens and fairways at the moment is nearly perfect. Most of the fairways here are Greenleas Park (green couch) and it is a great grass for fairways. Our greens are bermuda328.

I travelled up to Townsville last night, to have a quick 18 at the Willows this morning. Was a 420 km drive. Willows is a great layout but in terrible condition. Most of the bunkers were out of play, the ones that were in play had big rocks in them. The greens looked diseased and most had very large bare patches. Th course is that dry, if you miss the fairway your drive can run nearly 100 metres. No wonder they call it Brownsville.

Pennants in a month up there will be interesting.

Steve
30th August 2015, 07:25 PM
Willows us up for sale again I think

benno_r
30th August 2015, 07:27 PM
3 tracks I would say I play 2-3 times per month each.

Maryborough Golf club - Home Track. Love playing here, great layout. Greens are great right now as is condition on the rest of the course.

Darwin Golf Club. A frustrating track. Amix of great holes, and annoying holes. And a lot of awkward artificial mounds. Greens were good a month or so ago, but are falling away now.

Hervey Bay Golf Club. Another frustrating track. Front nine is too tight amongst the trees, with tiny greens. Back nine has some decent holes, and some bland ones, but at least it opens up a bit. Never seem to crack 36 here.

backintheswing
30th August 2015, 07:31 PM
Willows us up for sale again I think

Throw a $50 offer in and you might get it.

The weird thing this morning is there was people everywhere playing.

Shreko
30th August 2015, 08:34 PM
Few of the fellas here played Hills, always wanted a crack at that track. Good track?

Long with plenty of run, Typical country course, Did I mention long? 7k of the back markers!!!!

markTHEblake
30th August 2015, 08:56 PM
Currently Gold Coast Country Club until the end of the year, then .... tba. Pennant season (Senior) so have the chance to play some of the better courses around the Gold Coast - Hope Island, Arundal, Lakelands are in the line up. How do you get Monday's off? Such an annoyance to have an over 50's evenT on a Monday, is the first flipping day of the week. A mate of mine is eligible from next season, but apparently he has Buckley's chance of getting Monday's off. His name is Blaisy.

Jazz18
30th August 2015, 11:47 PM
Yeah it's a light problem and the type of grass but with you jazz road trip!!

God I haven't been on a road trip for a while...........buying too many golf clubs. Could get ugly ;)

MAZA68
1st September 2015, 12:30 PM
How do you get Monday's off? Such an annoyance to have an over 50's evenT on a Monday, is the first flipping day of the week. A mate of mine is eligible from next season, but apparently he has Buckley's chance of getting Monday's off. His name is Blaisy. Its called leave, beats working and makes for a excellent 4 day week. By my count, not working Mondays for the next 7 weeks. The company wants us to use our leave so I'm helping out.

Kaniss
14th September 2015, 10:36 AM
My Tracks.
Liverpool, Woodville, Rosnay, Foxhills, Glenmore Heritage.