PDA

View Full Version : The Golf Fix: J-Day's three power moves

FuzzyJuzzy
22nd August 2015, 04:52 AM
Did any of you blokes watch The Golf Fix on Tuesday night after The Golf Show? That really annoying host did a segment on J-Day's three power moves for hitting his driver long and straight, as he did so well at Whistling Straights. Was quite interesting - main points were (summarised from memory):
- maintain flex in right leg throughout backswing.
- keep your knees over your toes throughout backswing
- straighten left leg (push it up/back, kind of thing) on downswing and hit into/pivot around that.

I've gave it a bashful crack in practice yesterday. Felt like it made sense.

gameboy
25th August 2015, 08:16 PM
he sounds like a demtel salesman

razaar
26th August 2015, 06:51 AM
If it was that easy Fuzzy then we would all smash it like JD. Do yourself a favour and switch channels.

Lagerlover
26th August 2015, 06:55 AM
Agree...

Sounds way too uncomplicated.

Scifisicko
26th August 2015, 07:50 AM
Plenty of good players do all those things and swing it at 90mph. His power move is swinging the club at 125mph. Golf shows...must be kind of like coming up with story ideas for women's monthly.

FuzzyJuzzy
26th August 2015, 01:22 PM
If it was that easy Fuzzy then we would all smash it like JD. Do yourself a favour and switch channels.

Hear, hear mate. I don't bother watching The Golf Fix normally (plenty of other good golf programming on Foxtel) because that host seems like a douche and I don't watch much instructional stuff anyways. Only really watched it cos my mates said there was some J-Day content on it.

mrbluu
26th August 2015, 01:35 PM
Plenty of good players do all those things and swing it at 90mph. His power move is swinging the club at 125mph. Golf shows...must be kind of like coming up with story ideas for women's monthly.

Really I don't know any good players who swing it at 90mph, but I know plenty of bad players swing it faster than 100mph.

AusOdy
26th August 2015, 03:05 PM
define "good player" please

mrbluu
26th August 2015, 03:16 PM
define "good player" please You're safe :p

AusOdy
26th August 2015, 03:39 PM
you're safe :p

booyah!!

davidw88
26th August 2015, 08:10 PM
Have a bloke at my club who swings it about 90 and plays off plus 2. Hits driver about 200.

mrbluu
26th August 2015, 09:31 PM
Have a bloke at my club who swings it about 90 and plays off plus 2. Hits driver about 200. I haven't seen him ;)

razaar
27th August 2015, 06:16 AM
It's a game of how many, not how long. Many low markers in my youth hit distances not much further than what today's player with 90s mph swing speed. They certainly drank more, some were legendary. Noel ( Poley) Weston was probably the most famous up this way. He was known to drink himself into a stupor before a late tee time and still shoot under par - legless.