PDA

View Full Version : My Mizuno adventure....

keymaster
20th August 2015, 07:40 PM
PM me if you want to identify fake MP58 irons

Shane788
20th August 2015, 07:42 PM
Yep looks pretty bad, I have 4 sets of mizunos and none of them have any of those dramas.

davidw88
20th August 2015, 07:56 PM
You could try sending the serial number to mizuno to see what it comes up as.

wizard_of_oz
20th August 2015, 08:00 PM
The "dual muscle" stamping looks sh#t

chappy1970
20th August 2015, 08:10 PM
I bent the 3 iron as a test for Matt today, I pushed it up 3 degree lie angle and I didn't like the stress on the hosel, tried again in the 4 iron and the same result. I bent the 3 iron on my mp33 set as a comparison, to the same specs and there was no mark on the hosel at all.

Matt thought they were suspect, the testing we did verified it for me

Jazz18
20th August 2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah, they don't look the best. Good luck. Here's hoping you get a good result.

thecollective
20th August 2015, 08:56 PM
Definitely fake, never seen a mizzy look like that

G.K
20th August 2015, 09:10 PM
Agree with the comments above. While I've not specifically had a set of MP58's, none of the other sets of Mizuno's I've owned had any of the dodgy looking signs your seeing. The stamping does look very suspect.

Not sure if it's just the lighting in your pics but the overall finish of them just look poor/wrong/excessively worn. I've got a of set of MX23's which are obviously many years older than MP58's, and they don't show anywhere near the signs of wear these seem to show, even though I've been gaming them for a couple of years, and they weren't new when I got them either.

Hope you didn't fork out too much of your hard earned.....

keymaster
21st August 2015, 09:35 AM
Cheers for the support guys. The finish isn't actually too bad, the photos aren't great.

Luckily I didn't pay a bomb for them, but still annoying....

Scifisicko
21st August 2015, 09:46 AM
What are they like to play with? Would be interesting if you light up the course. Who was the seller and have they got back to you?

keymaster
21st August 2015, 10:00 AM
What are they like to play with? Would be interesting if you light up the course. Who was the seller and have they got back to you?

Haven't hit the course yet. Only range. At the range they seem ok, but now that I think about it, not at soft as my JPX 800 pros.

Seller hasn't gotten back to me yet. I politely said they're likely fakes and keen to resolve the issue without having to involve the ebay/paypal process. I'll name the seller once I get an outcome...

petethepilot
21st August 2015, 03:52 PM
I'm sure Luke D will reimburse you Keyman!

keymaster
21st August 2015, 05:04 PM
I'm sure Luke D will reimburse you Keyman!

Yeah not really too fussed who reimburses me, as long as I get my money back to buy more toys!

keymaster
23rd August 2015, 08:08 PM
Just an update on the situation.

No responses yet, so I emailed him yesterday saying unless he provides a resolution I will raise a Paypal/eBay dispute on Monday...

Shane788
24th August 2015, 03:52 PM
How long ago did you buy them? Pretty sure you have a certain amount of days to make a claim. Just do it now anyways and if they finally get in contact with you just cancel the claim.

keymaster
24th August 2015, 05:28 PM
How long ago did you buy them? Pretty sure you have a certain amount of days to make a claim. Just do it now anyways and if they finally get in contact with you just cancel the claim.

About a month ago. I've checked, and I have 45 days to make a claim with Paypal.

He's finally got in contact with me. Claiming they were bought from Drummond, so they must be real.....

I've given him until Thursday to give me a solution. But I like your option, raise a case, then cancel if required.....

wizard_of_oz
24th August 2015, 05:34 PM
Umm why until Thursday? File for refund under ebay and start actioning now. Nothing will change between now and Thursday. Claiming that he bought from Drummond means jack all if he can't produce official receipt and something to link this set with the receipt like a serial number.

Shane788
24th August 2015, 05:40 PM
About a month ago. I've checked, and I have 45 days to make a claim with Paypal.

He's finally got in contact with me. Claiming they were bought from Drummond, so they must be real.....

I've given him until Thursday to give me a solution. But I like your option, raise a case, then cancel if required.....

Definitely start the claim, PayPal give the seller X amount of days to reply and so on so it does drag on a bit. I think you will find PayPal will ask him for proof of purchase and if he doesn't provide it you will win and get full refund and won't have to return the clubs, that's what happened to me.

Shane788
24th August 2015, 05:43 PM
Also he has no reason to not provide proof unless they are fake because Drummond have everything on computer so he can just go back to the shop and get the print out.

keymaster
24th August 2015, 06:41 PM
x

Shane788
25th August 2015, 08:06 PM
Yeah. Going to start the claim. Apparently he works at Drummond and going to look up details blah blah. Was going to do the courtesy of giving him a few days.

But good to know you've been through the same thing Shane!

I've had it happen a number of times unfortunately. Not all golf gear though.

Jerrymoo
25th August 2015, 08:16 PM
They look pretty bogus, IMO.

Bad luck.

Although, I understand the buyer protection with PayPal is pretty good?

Also, could always try checking the serial with Mizuno?

keymaster
26th August 2015, 02:30 PM
Update on the situation.

Seller has come back to me. After checking the serial numbers with Mizuno, he's claiming that Mizuno said they're actually Jap spec, which is why the graphics are different......

But he has offered to refund my money after I send them back to him.

Question: Is it safe to send back to him before he refunds me? Could I get him to send me half now and half after?

Ned
26th August 2015, 02:52 PM
Update on the situation.

Seller has come back to me. After checking the serial numbers with Mizuno, he's claiming that Mizuno said they're actually Jap spec, which is why the graphics are different......

But he has offered to refund my money after I send them back to him.

Question: Is it safe to send back to him before he refunds me? Could I get him to send me half now and half after?

Bullshit.

Sent upon receipt of refund.

Leave PayPal claim in place until refund received.

chappy1970
26th August 2015, 03:04 PM
Keymaster did you contact Mizuno yourself. One way to call bullsh!t on his story

Steve57
26th August 2015, 03:12 PM
Don't let the clubs go before you get your money back!

keymaster
26th August 2015, 03:22 PM
Keymaster did you contact Mizuno yourself. One way to call bullsh!t on his story

He "contacted" them. So of course is B.S. Why would Mizuno have 2 different versions of their logo?

But I think you guys are right, no send without refund first.....

BenM
26th August 2015, 07:11 PM
Why would Drummond sell Jap spec clubs? Never heard of that.

Definitely something sounds fishy.

Johnny Canuck
26th August 2015, 09:27 PM
If he is selling fake stuff in the first place, why would you trust him and send them back.

Check with Mizuno and then PayPal is your friend.

keymaster
26th August 2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah cheers guys. I've escalated a dispute with Paypal. His Paypal funds have been frozen until this dispute is resolved.

He has 10 days to officially respond to Paypal, otherwise I automatically get my money back. If he does, Paypal might make me send it back, but my payment is protected by Paypal.

Will provide a full write up after it's resolved.

Lagerlover
27th August 2015, 06:48 AM
PayPal will require you to return them to the seller registered post first.

keymaster
27th August 2015, 08:33 AM
PayPal will require you to return them to the seller registered post first. Not if they confirm they are fakes. But either way, if paypal instruct me to send back, my funds are protected, so the seller can't stooge me.

keymaster
27th August 2015, 11:48 AM
Things have turned nasty now.

Seller claiming I have ruined the clubs because I got the lie angle changed and not in original condition. (Thanks Chappy! =) Only joking)

Either way, Paypal should have a resolution for me by 24/9, if not earlier.

Godscountry
27th August 2015, 11:58 AM
I agree that his story doesn't add up. My local Drummond sells plenty of 2nd hand sets, surely if these clubs were legit he would just sell them in store and make more money than flogging them on eBay.
I'd say he gave somebody a trade in on them and then realised they were fake. I also doubt that Drummond would sell jap spec mizunos.... If there is such a thing

mrbluu
27th August 2015, 12:07 PM

Seller claiming I have ruined the clubs because I got the lie angle changed and not in original condition. (Thanks Chappy! =) Only joking)

Might be time to post his user name.

keymaster
27th August 2015, 12:15 PM
Might be time to post his user name.

Am I allowed to post his details? Are there some forum rules against that?

mrbluu
27th August 2015, 12:16 PM
Am I allowed to post his details? Are there some forum rules against that?
I don't think so.

Scifisicko
27th August 2015, 12:17 PM
Serial number....is it against the counterfeiter's code to copy the serial number as well?

keymaster
27th August 2015, 12:24 PM
xxxx

chappy1970
27th August 2015, 12:38 PM

This was pointed out to you before I did it :), as we both believed that it was a FAKE

Honestly, it was a valid and necessary test to determine it's authenticity, because it didn't bend well at all.

Hope you get you cash back OK, can't see how you wouldn't though

Johnny Canuck
27th August 2015, 12:43 PM
You got the lies angles changed back. They are in the original condition. Problem solved.

Either way, he sold the fakes first. That should take precedence.

keymaster
27th August 2015, 12:47 PM
This was pointed out to you before I did it :), as we both believed that it was a FAKE

Honestly, it was a valid and necessary test to determine it's authenticity, because it didn't bend well at all.

Hope you get you cash back OK, can't see how you wouldn't though

hahaha, just just teasing Chappy.

You got the lies angles changed back. They are in the original condition. Problem solved.

Either way, he sold the fakes first. That should take precedence.

Yes, I did get the angles changed back....

But you're right, the fakeness takes precedence.

mrbluu
27th August 2015, 12:47 PM
He has his number on one of his ads if you want it.