PDA

View Full Version : Bostik 1222

D22marshall
13th August 2015, 06:51 PM
Found these guys today was $63 pp $8 odd so very good price if anyone uses it.
http://walkerdengolf.com.au/index.asp?pagename=displayprod&id=10908&category=Repair+Aids&categoryid=

davidw88
13th August 2015, 06:58 PM
Good Stuff to use if you want to reuse grips, can blow them off easier than double sided tape.

Jazz18
14th August 2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks Dean. Have been wondering where I get some of this stuff for re grips. Have used double sided tape as well but used to use this in my golf retail days when doing regrips. Much easier than double sided tape IMO cause you don't need petrol. Much less mess and doesn't smell as bad as petrol from memory.

Daves
14th August 2015, 10:41 AM
Good Stuff to use if you want to reuse grips, can blow them off easier than double sided tape.

I just do not understand why hobbyists use double sided tape at all? It isn't required, adds nothing and is a total PITA.

Steve57
14th August 2015, 10:51 AM
I just do not understand why hobbyists use double sided tape at all? It isn't required, adds nothing and is a total PITA.
As is glue!!
Air and a little hairspray is all you need.

Daves
14th August 2015, 10:56 AM
As is glue!!
Air and a little hairspray is all you need.

Agree, personally I use painters masking tape and hair spray/air gun only. But I can understand some using a light application of a Bostik type contact glue. All the new Cleveland clubs I have seen recently come with nothing but a very light film of some type of contact glue. Seems to work fine, and the grips are still relatively easy to pull. Callaway these days on the other hand are the pits, I find I am rarely able to save any new grips with them.

Steve57
14th August 2015, 10:58 AM
Ditto!

Timbo
14th August 2015, 10:59 AM
I just blow the grips on, straight onto the masking tape. No glue, double-sided tape, hairspray - nothing. They just blow on and off with no fuss, and I've yet to have a grip move on me when playing.

Anyone else do this?

Daves
14th August 2015, 10:59 AM
I have also started using Contact type glue for shaft extensions. Having tried to remove some very over epoxied extensions (done by a Professional), I am now of the as little as you can get away with school.

goonie
14th August 2015, 11:10 AM
I just blow the grips on, straight onto the masking tape. No glue, double-sided tape, hairspray - nothing. They just blow on and off with no fuss, and I've yet to have a grip move on me when playing.

Anyone else do this?

That's all I do, I hate having to try and clean up grips that have double sided tape or glue stuck inside them.

davidw88
14th August 2015, 05:19 PM
I have had grips move when not using double sided tape so have just stuck with using it.

Shane788
14th August 2015, 05:43 PM

Anyone else do this?

Same here, don't bother with anything else, easy as blowing grips on and off with just air.

D22marshall
14th August 2015, 07:34 PM
I find when practicing with one club for a while I can get movement so going to try bostik as they stil come off well.

benno_r
14th August 2015, 07:37 PM
I find when practicing with one club for a while I can get movement so going to try bostik as they stil come off well.
Same. After a few months notice they have moved a few mm here or there.

1sec squirt of air straightens them right up.

timah!
14th August 2015, 07:47 PM
Double sided tape ftw!!

Hutchy
14th August 2015, 11:08 PM
Use nothing else, is the business.

Johnny Canuck
14th August 2015, 11:18 PM
Painters tape and shellite. Never had a group move a mil.

You guys must be holding the club too tight.

chappy1970
15th August 2015, 11:27 AM
Painters tape and shellite. Never had a group move a mil.

You guys must be holding the club too tight.

+1

TheNuclearOne
15th August 2015, 08:32 PM
When i glue for whatever reason the 1222 is the go.

davepuppies
16th August 2015, 04:28 PM
Masking tape, then blown straight on, or slid on with WD 40.

Never had one move