PDA

View Full Version : Lessons nw sydney

stopper
9th August 2015, 04:30 PM
Has anyone ever had lessons with George Serhan, formerly at Marsden Park?

Does he still teach?

Thoughts?

Feel free to recommend any other pros in the area.

3oneday
9th August 2015, 05:41 PM
He's at Sharkys. Recommend,

liptout
9th August 2015, 07:32 PM
Nice enough fella, but as for lessons........................ :?

There's plenty of others I'd go to before I'd go see him, for reasons i won't go into here....

Wayne Kesby at Windsor would be my choice if out that way.

stopper
10th August 2015, 07:44 AM
Thanks I'll check out Wayne. What about Shane McLeod @ castle hill?

3oneday
10th August 2015, 07:46 AM
I'd heard that Wayne would hit more balls at a lesson than the person he was teaching :lol:

liptout
10th August 2015, 08:02 AM
I'd heard that Wayne would hit more balls at a lesson than the person he was teaching :lol:

Hahaha, he does have a tendency to do that yea.......

Knows his stuff though, and a top bloke....

stopper
10th August 2015, 08:07 AM
I'd heard that Wayne would hit more balls at a lesson than the person he was teaching :lol: Well that's no good. I really need to find someone I can click with

JADO75
10th August 2015, 08:25 AM
Eiso at Richmond
Andrew Crumpton at Dunheved

liptout
10th August 2015, 08:59 AM
Well that's no good. I really need to find someone I can click with

He'll only do that if you're mates with him....... :)

You'll be right with him, im sure you'll click.

and his set up out there now is second to none!

stopper
10th August 2015, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys

razaar
10th August 2015, 01:23 PM
Has anyone ever had lessons with George Serhan, formerly at Marsden Park?

Does he still teach?

Thoughts?

Feel free to recommend any other pros in the area.Was paired with him two days in a Mt Isa Open during the early 80's. One of the rudest and cantankerous pros In my golfing experience. To make our experience more memorable, he stunk. Very low ball striker with a shit attitude in those days.
I really hope he reads this.

TheNuclearOne
10th August 2015, 02:01 PM
A lot can change in 35 years tho.

liptout
10th August 2015, 04:03 PM
A lot can change in 35 years tho.

Yea, I'm sure he's showered or at least sprayed some deodorant in this 35 years!! ;)

TheNuclearOne
10th August 2015, 07:33 PM
Bwahahahaha - hope so!

Jazz18
10th August 2015, 10:28 PM
I've had a lesson from Serhan before. Didn't like him at all. Thought he was extremely arrogant and didn't really offer me much except a run down of how good he was. If I get round to having a lesson one of these days I'm going to try Steve at Stonecutters ridge. He's always good to have a chat to and he's been round for a bit owning House of Golf in Parramatta for a while then moving to Parramatta Golf Club then up to Stonecutters. I've not heard good or bad things about him as a coach but he seems to be a good bloke which is a far cry from some of the other pros I've had lessons from in the past so that will be a good start.

WeekendHacker
13th August 2015, 07:32 AM
Adam Kelleher teaches at both Rum Corps and also at Lynwood. Great teacher with a simple straight forward approach and would definitely recommend.

liptout
13th August 2015, 12:07 PM
Forgot about Adam, and he's a good fella too.

Played a few games with him around Windsor over the years and he can really golf his ball.......

Last i heard he was giving playing lessons as well, so that might be a good option too.....

davepuppies
14th August 2015, 06:55 AM
Another vote for Adam at Rum Corp here.

Great teacher, plays on the local tour...... Great guy!

stopper
14th August 2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys, I will check Adam out. It might work out well because I'm going to start going to that range to practice anyway.

I have had lessons with some shockers in the past so I'm a bit weary. This time I will make sure to have a chat with and make sure I gel and that we are on the same page before I hand over my hard earned.

JADO75
14th August 2015, 09:55 AM
I found my last coach on Grinder

awhc
18th September 2015, 11:10 AM
Anyone go Thornleigh driving range? Do you guys have anyone you recommend there?

Poults
16th April 2016, 10:02 PM
Was paired with him two days in a Mt Isa Open during the early 80's. One of the rudest and cantankerous pros In my golfing experience. To make our experience more memorable, he stunk. Very low ball striker with a shit attitude in those days. I really hope he reads this. I think you're got the wrong Andrew he only finished school in 1992 can't have been a golf pro I the early 80's. I seen him last year on the Tuesday at the Aussie open with 3 or 4 kids from Dunheved. I thought that was a great touch and those kids will probably be playing golf for the rest of there lives.

liptout
17th April 2016, 07:30 AM
I think you're got the wrong Andrew he only finished school in 1992 can't have been a golf pro I the early 80's. I seen him last year on the Tuesday at the Aussie open with 3 or 4 kids from Dunheved. I thought that was a great touch and those kids will probably be playing golf for the rest of there lives.

Ummmmmm,

You might wanna read through it all again dude,

Raz was talking about George, not Andrew!!

Your welcome..........

davepuppies
17th April 2016, 10:09 AM
Ha Ha!!!!!