PDA

View Full Version : Ben Hogan Fort Worth 15 irons and wedges

Jazz18
9th August 2015, 01:16 AM
Anyone got any mail on where these are available in Oz, if at all?

Icestorm959
11th August 2015, 05:27 PM
Anyone got any mail on where these are available in Oz, if at all? Dibs.

Oldplayer
11th August 2015, 05:51 PM
A while ago on their site they stated "At this time we are not accepting international orders". I presume that is still the case. However they will eventually make their way here. It's just a case of how long.

BUSHY
12th August 2015, 12:03 PM
Was going to post this in the eBay bargain thread.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221833343001&globalID=EBAY-AU

markTHEblake
12th August 2015, 06:49 PM
A while ago on their site they stated "At this time we are not accepting international orders". I presume that is still the case. However they will eventually make their way here. It's just a case of how long. Doubt it, they are a niche brand, australia is never going to be buying enough of this for anyone to want to stock them . The australian distributor for the previous brand names of the company dropped the ball, and charged ridiculous prices.

KristianJ
12th August 2015, 07:16 PM
They are available for order outside of the US according to their FAQ page. Plus I saw a thread on GOLFWRX where an Aussie member there had an order on its way...

Jazz18
13th August 2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks KJ. Have made an enquiry with them about a couple of things. Not sure if I do want to buy a set with JDM stuff going around in my head but they do look nice and I've for a bit of a soft spot for my Ben Hogan blades. They're currently in the bag actually. Wondered how much they were as well and the website answered that question for me. $149US per club is not bad for fully built irons.

Steve57
13th August 2015, 12:39 PM
Was going to post this in the eBay bargain thread.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221833343001&globalID=EBAY-AU

Wow! Are they nice or what?

BUSHY
13th August 2015, 09:00 PM

I'm kinda in love.

Jazz18
13th August 2015, 10:52 PM

They are nice because they are Hogan's but I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to Hogan's. Original paint fill and ferrules etc etc are a must for me.

Hatchman
7th June 2016, 10:12 PM
Anyone know of any stockists or agents here in Australia for Hogan Ft Worth?
The wedges have me slightly interested.

Jazz18
8th June 2016, 03:31 PM
I sent an email to them back when I started this thread and they said they were working on a supplier here in Australia. They did say that we could order from them and have them sent to Oz (As KJ mentioned earlier in the thread). He said not to use their website for ordering but if you contact them direct, they could help you out. And DIBS if you get something and want to pass it on. I Loooooooove Ben Hogan gear.

chappy1970
8th June 2016, 04:26 PM
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1341638-tour-issue-and-others/

Hatchman
8th June 2016, 08:17 PM
Cheers Chappy.
I'm more interested in finding out if there's an Australian based distributor and only after a couple of wedges at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatchman
8th June 2016, 08:20 PM
The grind of the Hogans has me keen to try.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/addf3389074c99240d59eb789fff903f.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/439a2e92ae5d81d36ffa248d5ff19690.jpg

I do like the look of these a lot too.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/3a958ada8c090cc8f92e7b2d03c24a2d.jpg

dazza99
8th June 2016, 08:46 PM
Nice.

Still like the look of mine :)

Coopers Country
8th June 2016, 08:50 PM
Nice Dazza ,Apex Pros?

pt73
8th June 2016, 09:10 PM
A guy at my club bought a set of the blades and had them shipped via a forwarder.

Beautiful irons but he was very unhappy that the lofts and lies on every club weren't even close to spec for clubs that expensive when their website talks about precision and quality.

He had them measured and adjusted at Pureform so it was done using top quality equipment.

dazza99
8th June 2016, 09:51 PM
Nice Dazza ,Apex Pros?

Yeah mate. Apex Edge Pro's 2002. Most beautiful irons I've clapped my eyes on.
They play well too. Nice and forgiving for this chopper :)

Got the full set 3-E & SW. Coupled with Edge CFT hybrids and a Big Ben CS3 Driver.
Keeping my eyes out for an "F" wedge.

markTHEblake
8th June 2016, 10:22 PM
Beautiful irons but he was very unhappy that the lofts and lies on every club weren't even close to spec for clubs that expensive when their website talks about precision and quality.

Thats hilarious.
I have called out them for BS from the start. Surely they only make 7 iron heads (4-P) with +/- 2 degrees of loft (like every other manufacturer) and then check/sort/bend a few and stamp a number on it. Way to costly to manufacture each head singly.
Seems they dont even check them :)

Jazz18
9th June 2016, 12:08 AM
A guy at my club bought a set of the blades and had them shipped via a forwarder.

He had them measured and adjusted at Pureform so it was done using top quality equipment.

Disappointing to hear. Will have to do more research before wading into this pond.

pt73
9th June 2016, 08:33 AM
Disappointing to hear. Will have to do more research before wading into this pond.
Yeah, he was pretty pi$$ed off that after buying supposedly premium clubs that he had to spend more money to have them checked and adjusted.

I asked how he found out and it was only after a few rounds when he couldn't figure out why two consecutive irons (6 and 7 for example) went almost the same distance that he had them checked.

Easy answer, they were both the same loft and the other irons were all over the shop.

Jazz18
9th June 2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah, he was pretty pi$$ed off that after buying supposedly premium clubs that he had to spend more money to have them checked and adjusted.

I asked how he found out and it was only after a few rounds when he couldn't figure out why two consecutive irons (6 and 7 for example) went almost the same distance that he had them checked.

Easy answer, they were both the same loft and the other irons were all over the shop.

Wow. You would hope that your mate was just really really unlucky but it's hard to imagine how that could be the case. Does he like them now that they are the right specs?

pt73
9th June 2016, 04:46 PM
Wow. You would hope that your mate was just really really unlucky but it's hard to imagine how that could be the case. Does he like them now that they are the right specs?
Despite the issues he's still using them and has said they are great clubs with a really soft feel. His previous irons were the forged RSi so I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.