PDA

View Full Version : 2015 SA Champs - Monday 16th November @ Kooyonga & Glenelg

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 12:58 PM
A double-round extravaganza for the last day of the champs weekend!

The first round will be teeing off at 7.30 and 7.37 and will be at Kooyonga (http://www.kooyongagolf.com.au/) (thanks Chilled!

The second round will be teeing off at 1pm at Glenelg (http://www.glenelggolf.com/).

The cost will be $130 at Kooyonga, and $120 for Glenelg. This excludes any carts ($50 at each course) or comp fees ($5 at each course). We will have lunch in the member's bar at Kooyonga between rounds (Menu here)

Glenelg golf club is close to the airport so should be ok for a quick getaway if required.

We will have 2 groups for both courses - first in best dressed. All spots are full for both courses.

Note that I have found a Glenelg member to help us out. I am waiting confirmation as to whether this will reduce our green fees and by how much - potentially 3 spots will now be at guest rate, which I will share across everyone (and refund where necessary)

Kooyonga
Cart?
Glenelg
Cart?
Owing

coalesce
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

wazamac
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

Chilled
Y
N
N
N
PAID

HatchmanSS76
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

benno_r
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

Ferrins
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

jimandr
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

Peppas
Y
N
Y
N
PAID

Dave T (non ozgolf)
N
N
Y
N
PAID

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 01:00 PM
However, in case it scares people off, the visitor rate at the Glenelg is $160, and $170 at Grange (which is expensive for 2 rounds!)

We don't have any OzGolfers at these courses unfortunately - although if any of the interstaters are on the list of reciprocals, that might make things both easier and cheaper.

List of reciprocal clubs:

Glenelg: http://www.glenelggolf.com/cms/membership-golf/reciprocal-clubs/
Grange: http://www.grangegolf.com.au/cms/club/reciprocal-clubs/
Kooyonga: http://www.kooyongagolf.com.au/cms/the-club/reciprocal-clubs/

benno_r
3rd August 2015, 01:14 PM
Yeeerrp in for morning.

In for afternoon if it is teir 1.

Peppas
3rd August 2015, 01:43 PM
Happy to do both. I'll just make it rain less on hindley during the weekend

Ferrins
3rd August 2015, 01:58 PM
If only it was called Shiraz.

Ferrins
3rd August 2015, 01:59 PM
Happy to do one or both.
Glenelg is $160, and $170 at Grange

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah that's the going visitor rate on all of them. Kooyonga is also $170.

I have no idea on availability from any of them at present - don't get too excited just yet

Ferrins
3rd August 2015, 02:07 PM
Monday will probably have greens keepers all over the place.

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah there is a big ladies event at Grange on the Sunday.

On the flip side, it being Monday might make it more likely we can get on.

As I say, I'm working on it

wazamac
3rd August 2015, 08:04 PM
If you want Grange, try giving Gary Simpson a call. After all he is the assistant pro there and still hangs around the Vines quite often.

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 08:11 PM
Do you know him?

wazamac
3rd August 2015, 08:14 PM
I can try and give him a call, we went all through high school together. Won't be able to do it for a few days though as I have to get a lot of quoting done.

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 08:15 PM
That'd be great. Thank you

wazamac
3rd August 2015, 08:17 PM
Any preferable course, or both?

thecollective
3rd August 2015, 08:25 PM
Any preferable course, or both?

west is a much better course IMO

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 08:33 PM
West in the morning around 8-8.30. East in the afternoon? :)

Chilled
4th August 2015, 11:35 AM
West in the morning around 8-8.30. East in the afternoon? :)Being English could your skin handle that much sun in one day? :)

Peppas
4th August 2015, 11:56 AM
Being English could your skin handle that much sun in one day? :)

Ohhh smack talk

coalesce
4th August 2015, 11:59 AM
Being English could your skin handle that much sun in one day? :)

I would be sheltered by the many ridiculous bunkers on the east course that I'd end up in

wazamac
5th August 2015, 12:20 PM
Just spoke to Gary @ Grange and looks like Monday is pretty free that day. Might be an off chance that we can get on as Members guests and pay about $66.
I have emailed the club to get a definite. Will wait to hear back.

benno_r
5th August 2015, 12:28 PM
Just spoke to Gary @ Grange and looks like Monday is pretty free that day. Might be an off chance that we can get on as Members guests and pay about $66.

Now that's what I am talking about! Both courses, morning / afternoon?

Peppas
5th August 2015, 12:46 PM
Yep just let me know what time I can fly home after, I'll be there.

mrbluu
5th August 2015, 01:12 PM
Yep just let me know what time is naga presentation I can fly home after, so I can collect my award!!!

FTFY

Ferrins
5th August 2015, 01:33 PM
Now that's what I am talking about! Both courses, morning / afternoon?

+1 brother!😋

Peppas
5th August 2015, 02:09 PM
FTFY

That happened one time...

mrbluu
5th August 2015, 02:17 PM
That happened one time...
At band camp???

coalesce
5th August 2015, 04:33 PM

You're a star!

peter_rs
5th August 2015, 05:15 PM
That is a deal

wazamac
5th August 2015, 05:20 PM
You're a star!

We will see about that when they get back to me. Might be calling me something else otherwise.:D

coalesce
5th August 2015, 05:23 PM
We will see about that when they get back to me. Might be calling me something else otherwise.:D

Well step 1 is getting on. Then it is up to each potential player if it is worth the $$$. If we can get member's guest rates then all the better!

At visitor rates, it is expensive for golf in SA, but I'd imagine the interstaters might be used to it (on tier 1s at least).

If people said it was too much, I'm happy to look for other options, but they wont be tier 1s. No-one has yet baulked at what I posted before.

wazamac
5th August 2015, 05:26 PM
By the way, put me down for the Monday as well. I had a stern talking to myself and let myself have the Monday off.

nadg63
5th August 2015, 05:51 PM
By the way, put me down for the Monday as well. I had a stern talking to myself and let myself have the Monday off.

Haha, will do :)

thecollective
5th August 2015, 08:23 PM
If it's west and $66 count me in

Lagerlover
5th August 2015, 08:28 PM
What's the penalty for over staying your visa down there these days?

coalesce
5th August 2015, 08:32 PM
They make you stay

mrbluu
5th August 2015, 08:32 PM
What's the penalty for over staying your visa down there these days?
Deportation to qld....

wazamac
8th August 2015, 07:48 PM
Grange has answered back. West course in morning and tee of by 7:30am because they have a corporate day from 8:00am on the west course only. First 18 $170.00.
East Course in the arvo after lunch. Second 18 $85.00.
Bistro is open on Mondays for sandwiches and deli food etc.
How does this suit?

Peppas
8th August 2015, 07:49 PM
Yes, I'm in

Hatchman
8th August 2015, 07:57 PM
Too rich for me, I'm out at those prices.

benno_r
8th August 2015, 07:57 PM
In for both waza. Champ!

coalesce
8th August 2015, 08:28 PM
Sounds good to me. If everyone else is happy, lock it in

Ferrins
8th August 2015, 08:35 PM
You keep forgetting me, I am good for both.

Peppas
8th August 2015, 08:39 PM
So what time should I be looking to fly home??

thecollective
8th August 2015, 11:15 PM
Like the Australian cricket team; out

Ferrins
9th August 2015, 03:36 AM
Penny pinchers!😆

Hatchman
9th August 2015, 09:11 AM
Maybe so.
Having played both many times and will be playing one of them in October for Country week at much less cost than that, I just can't justify the lack of value in it for me personally. If I'd never played them before that view would most likely be very different.

I will be very interested in your thoughts on how you see the Grange course v the cost to play them?

Peppas
9th August 2015, 09:33 AM
Yeah probably not worth it if you're a local and can get on for cheaper, but for me I'll pay it.

jimandr
9th August 2015, 10:19 AM
If I was a local I wouldn't do it, but as an interstater who might not get the chance again, I'm in.

Does this include carts? I'd struggle mightily to walk 36 in a day, particularly as a fourth golf day in a row.

Ferrins
9th August 2015, 01:45 PM
I am happy to play at another course like the Vines on the morning.

Hatchman
9th August 2015, 07:10 PM
Please don't change anything on the back of my post.

thecollective
9th August 2015, 07:42 PM
Grange West is a real thinking mans course, the fairways are often quite wide and the bunkers are quite long and narrow; the trick is to play towards the trouble to get the best angle to the flag. However It is not a spectacular course and has no real outstanding 'wow factor' holes, plus it's conditioning whilst good is not in the same league as Kooyonga and RA. Hence I am concerned that for $170 you may feel it does not meet your expectations.

But of course that comes down to you as an individual and what you see in a golf course

TC

benno_r
9th August 2015, 07:45 PM
Hear what you are saying TC, but as crazy northerners only play a handful of top 100 tracks a year (due to not having many up here).

Since I am unlikely to have the chance again though, still keen...

Ferrins
9th August 2015, 08:07 PM
More the company than the course for me and happy to play whatever.

thecollective
9th August 2015, 08:13 PM
I wonder if you call Glenelg and mention 'Grange quoted x and we were happy but wondering if you can do better' perhaps they might go in at around $90-$100 if there are a number of players. Monday's are usually quiet.

TC

Peppas
9th August 2015, 11:03 PM
Will it be golflinked?

Peppas
10th August 2015, 10:11 AM
I'll just wait to see what gets booked in for Monday before I book my flights..........

wazamac
12th August 2015, 01:57 PM
If people want to play morning and arvo, why don't we do Lady Bay morning and Glenelg in the arvo for close proximity to the airport.
Just a thought.

coalesce
12th August 2015, 02:44 PM
That's quite a bit of travel time inbetween which means the overall leaving time is likely to be later.

I'll be honest, I don't care where we play. I personally fancied Grange West as I've never played there but at $170, I'd be happy to leave it. I'd be happy to never play Grange East again ever (too many bunkers)

What actual restrictions do we have? Has anyone already booked their flight out on the Monday?

Peppas
12th August 2015, 02:50 PM
I haven't booked flights yet

Ferrins
12th August 2015, 02:58 PM
I leave Tuesday and so does Jim

Peppas
18th August 2015, 11:12 AM
So.... hows the organising going with this?

coalesce
18th August 2015, 01:21 PM
The consensus at the weekend was that Grange was a bit too much $ for what you get (not much Grange love around it seems)

Currently working on either Glenelg and/or Kooyonga, possibly in combination with Grange - East in the afternoon.

If that doesn't work, we were thinking a fallback Lady Bay/Wirrina double. Lady Bay is in the top 100 (tho nadg would argue) and Wirrina is pretty if not spectacular and only a few minutes down the road from Lady Bay.

Failing that, there are plenty of Tier 2 options I can look into - the courses may not be as flash but they'd have nice views etc (thinking Mt Osmond, Blackwood).

Peppas
18th August 2015, 01:30 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What to do about flights then...

thecollective
18th August 2015, 01:53 PM
I would go Blackwood or The Vines

Lagerlover
18th August 2015, 01:57 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What to do about flights then...

I'd choose a plane.

backintheswing
18th August 2015, 01:58 PM
Come to hammo instead.

Peppas
19th August 2015, 07:54 AM
Hmmm.... so it will definitely be a 36 hole challenge day on Monday?

coalesce
19th August 2015, 08:32 AM
That seems to be the consensus at the moment yes

Peppas
19th August 2015, 09:47 AM
That seems to be the consensus at the moment yes

So if thats the case, we finish around 5pm?

coalesce
19th August 2015, 10:07 AM
So if thats the case, we finish around 5pm?

No I think later

First round 8am
Second round 2-3pm to allow for lunch and travel

So might not finish til 7?

Peppas
19th August 2015, 10:24 AM
No I think later

First round 8am
Second round 2-3pm to allow for lunch and travel

So might not finish til 7?

Oh really? Hmmm I need to check what time the latest flight back to Sydney is then...

coalesce
19th August 2015, 10:27 AM
Let me know when you know the options and I'll take them into account. Waiting to hear back from places at the moment - nothing is locked in

Peppas
19th August 2015, 10:42 AM
Let me know when you know the options and I'll take them into account. Waiting to hear back from places at the moment - nothing is locked in

My latest flight home options on Monday night as

18:55 - Qantas

18:25 - Virgin

coalesce
19th August 2015, 11:11 AM
My latest flight home options on Monday night as

18:55 - Qantas

18:25 - Virgin

Ok noted.

Glenelg/Kooyonga are both right next to the airport

I think this would rule out 2 rounds around Lady Bay tho

Peppas
19th August 2015, 11:15 AM
Ok noted.

Glenelg/Kooyonga are both right next to the airport

I think this would rule out 2 rounds around Lady Bay tho

Ok, any chance of getting this finalised soonish? Or at least a decision on where/what/when?

If I can only do the morning round I'd try book an earlier flight, I will probably be moving house the day after! Otherwise if possible I'd like to stay for both rounds..

coalesce
19th August 2015, 11:17 AM
Ok, any chance of getting this finalised soonish? Or at least a decision on where/what/when?

If I can only do the morning round I'd try book an earlier flight, I will probably be moving house the day after! Otherwise if possible I'd like to stay for both rounds..

I chased both main options this morning

There's only 2 groups of us playing. I'll make 2 rounds work so you can do both. It is simply a question of which ones it will be

Peppas
19th August 2015, 11:19 AM
I chased both main options this morning

There's only 2 groups of us playing. I'll make 2 rounds work so you can do both. It is simply a question of which ones it will be

Sweet, I'll book one of those flights then so I can get this sorted and lock it in.

coalesce
19th August 2015, 05:51 PM
Glenelg have got back to me. They want $170 each for an 8am tee off. I'm thinking no

Peppas
20th August 2015, 07:59 AM
So the other option, is that happening?

coalesce
20th August 2015, 08:26 AM
Still plenty of avenues to chase - no need to panic :)

Ferrins
20th August 2015, 08:31 AM
Quick get a paper bag Peeps.

Peppas
20th August 2015, 09:16 AM
I'm not panicking. Just pick somewhere and organise it so I know something is going ahead, or I'll fly home Sunday instead.

This indecision and to'ing and fro'ing is shitting me.

Chilled
20th August 2015, 04:51 PM
Still plenty of avenues to chase - no need to panic :)No, it needs to be organised now, right now damnit!!! Months is not enough.

Grange it is.

Peppas
20th August 2015, 05:13 PM
No, it needs to be organised now, right now damnit!!! Months is not enough.

Grange it is.

Exactly

I like someone who can make a decision and follow thru with it :)

wazamac
20th August 2015, 05:18 PM
As long as there is time for a kitchener bun & FUIC break:D

Ferrins
20th August 2015, 05:18 PM
That will put an extra dollop of cream on ya kitchener bun.

nadg63
20th August 2015, 05:29 PM
Exactly

I like someone who can make a decision and follow thru with it :)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha you reckon!

coalesce
20th August 2015, 05:41 PM
Not Grange. I have a better option but so as not to to or fro you can all wait until I've confirmed it

Peppas
20th August 2015, 06:18 PM
Not Grange. I have a better option but so as not to to or fro you can all wait until I've confirmed it

Thanks, I like this approach betterer

nadg63
20th August 2015, 06:39 PM

Well said :)

wazamac
20th August 2015, 06:42 PM
Well said :)

Said the man with one leg! Haha that rhymes

Chilled
20th August 2015, 07:02 PM
Exactly

I like someone who can make a decision and follow thru with it :)Spot on mate. Least we are actually playing and not attempting to just impotently direct traffic from the sidelines :D

Chilled
20th August 2015, 07:03 PM
FUIC break:DWhat you do on your own time is completely up to you ;)

Peppas
20th August 2015, 07:10 PM
Spot on mate. Least we are actually playing and not attempting to just impotently direct traffic from the sidelines :D

Are you even playing on Monday?

Chilled
20th August 2015, 07:12 PM
Are you even playing on Monday?Nope not at this point, but that doesn't stop me butting in and organising everything! hahahhahaha

I might change my mind though, if I can get a day off and if there's a spot vacant of course.

wazamac
20th August 2015, 07:26 PM
What you do on your own time is completely up to you ;)

I'm sorry, Do they have latte's at Kooey?;)

Chilled
20th August 2015, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry, Do they have latte's at Kooey?;)Yeah but I can't afford them :(

Peppas
20th August 2015, 09:26 PM
Nope not at this point, but that doesn't stop me butting in and organising everything! hahahhahaha

I might change my mind though, if I can get a day off and if there's a spot vacant of course.

You should play on Monday

Peppas
21st August 2015, 08:14 AM
I think I will just book these flights so I have something sorted, and fly home on that latest qantas flight.

Unless someone knows something I don't and that there will be a sale coming up again soon?

Chilled
21st August 2015, 08:14 AM
You should play on MondayMaybe I should, then it could be Kooey :D

Peppas
21st August 2015, 08:28 AM
Maybe I should, then it could be Kooey :D

Hurry up and do it before I bring back Angry Peps.

3Puttpete
21st August 2015, 08:54 AM
Hurry up and do it before I bring back Angry Peps.

You need a hug?

Chilled
21st August 2015, 09:16 AM
Hurry up and do it before I bring back Angry Peps.The feelers are out for kooey Monday morning, I'll see if I can get the day off. You will have to wait until the club gets back to me though - and they are taking time to do that because of all the recent changes with pro-shop staff. So don't get shirty if it takes a few days! :p

thecollective
21st August 2015, 09:47 AM
don't get shirty if it takes a few days! :p

Peppas
21st August 2015, 10:03 AM
The feelers are out for kooey Monday morning, I'll see if I can get the day off. You will have to wait until the club gets back to me though - and they are taking time to do that because of all the recent changes with pro-shop staff. So don't get shirty if it takes a few days! :p

Would I get shirty??

coalesce
21st August 2015, 10:15 AM
OP updated. The plans are locked in for the second round, but still up in the air for the first round - albeit only a few inches off the ground. It will be Kooyonga if Chilled can get the day off work and get us on in the morning, otherwise it will be myself and wazamac hosting us at the Vines.

Please read the first post and let me know if you are in/out and whether you require carts.

wazamac
21st August 2015, 10:28 AM
No carts for me Coalesce. Prefer walking. Cheers.
Not fussed where but Kooey/ Glenelg sounds like it would be a good day out.
Could throw in a quick 18 at the putt putt in between.:)

Peppas
21st August 2015, 10:47 AM
OP updated. The plans are locked in for the second round, but still up in the air for the first round - albeit only a few inches off the ground. It will be Kooyonga if Chilled can get the day off work and get us on in the morning, otherwise it will be myself and wazamac hosting us at the Vines.

Please read the first post and let me know if you are in/out and whether you require carts.

Excellent

I will book my flights today

I am excited

Chilled
21st August 2015, 12:51 PM
Would I get shirty??You might shirt front me :p

Peppas
21st August 2015, 01:07 PM

I'm in

I like to walk

Thanks again

My flight out is at 18:55

We better be finished before then

Thanks!

Peppas
21st August 2015, 01:08 PM
You might shirt front me :p

Only if you don't get the Monday off!

Ferrins
21st August 2015, 02:03 PM
Yes to the golf am & pm and nada to cart, thanks,

jimandr
21st August 2015, 09:39 PM
I'm a starter for both, but I'm not sure about carts.

If there is a cart space free I might take it, but if all others are walking I'll make sure I'm wearing the Pillow Feet socks.

I'm going to have a Tuesday recovery day, seeing the sights (if there are any to see) before an early Wednesday flight home.

And, after lots of angst from a certain direction, I'll balance that out by offering thanks to the organisers. We'll buy the after round drinks.

Peppas
23rd August 2015, 04:42 AM
I'm a starter for both, but I'm not sure about carts.

If there is a cart space free I might take it, but if all others are walking I'll make sure I'm wearing the Pillow Feet socks.

I'm going to have a Tuesday recovery day, seeing the sights (if there are any to see) before an early Wednesday flight home.

And, after lots of angst from a certain direction, I'll balance that out by offering thanks to the organisers. We'll buy the after round drinks.

Yeah sorry about the ferret.

I'll bring some between round kitcheners

coalesce
26th August 2015, 11:33 AM
Update:

We can get on Kooey at 7.30am and 7.37am for $130 each (thanks to Chilled), but there is a catch. We would have to commit to eating there afterwards in order to get the booking. The menu is available here (http://www.kooyongagolf.com.au/cms/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Wooden%20Boards%20Bistro%20WEB%20COPY.pdf).

There should be enough time to finish the round (11.30ish), order food, and get away in time to get to Glenelg at 1pm (which is already locked in), but it is tight.

The alternative is to book similar times at the Vines, and find a faster food option in-between.

I have no preference either way, so I'll throw it open to you lot for discussion. What do you want to do?

wazamac
26th August 2015, 11:46 AM
I'm happy either way.
Only thing I wouldn't have on the menu is the goat's turd.

Peppas
26th August 2015, 11:53 AM
Kooey with a club sandwich for me thanks.

Ferrins
26th August 2015, 11:59 AM
Kooey with a club sandwich for me thanks.

+1

jimandr
26th August 2015, 04:52 PM
A club sandwich might be too big for me to eat in one go, but unless we absolutely chop it around we should be eating by about 12. Plenty of time I'd say. Maybe we can phone in our order from the course and have lunch waiting for us. Luxury!

Peppas
26th August 2015, 05:13 PM
I'll have half your club sandwich aa well Jims. I could do it.

Chilled
26th August 2015, 05:58 PM
The club sandwich isn't really that big...lol

Peppas
26th August 2015, 06:14 PM
The club sandwich isn't really that big...lol

Will I need to order 2?

benno_r
27th August 2015, 07:25 AM
Rightio lads, here is the craic.

In for both rounds, walking both will be fine.

Qantas leaves 19:30, assume with Glenlg being 10min from the airport should shit it in.

Chilled
27th August 2015, 07:27 AM
Will I need to order 2?Dunno mate, how much do you eat? :p I'll be in for the morning game then I'll leave you guys to it, but I'm happy to be a taxi to Glenelg if anyone needs it.

benno_r
27th August 2015, 07:29 AM
I should still have my hire car then as well for transport

Chilled
27th August 2015, 07:48 AM
Yeah airport is just around the corner from Glenelg GC, no dramas at all benno, plenty of time. I'll send an email this morning confirming Kooey for the morning session.

3Puttpete
27th August 2015, 08:08 AM
Rightio lads, here is the craic.

In for both rounds, walking both will be fine.

Qantas leaves 19:30, assume with Glenlg being 7min from the airport should shit it in.

FTFY

Peppas
27th August 2015, 08:18 AM
My flight is 18:55, I should make that right?

coalesce
27th August 2015, 08:19 AM
Yeah airport is just around the corner from Glenelg GC, no dramas at all benno, plenty of time. I'll send an email this morning confirming Kooey for the morning session.

Yep looks like the majority is happy with Kooyonga in the morning. Lock it in Eddie please

coalesce
27th August 2015, 08:40 AM
OP updated. There's still 1 spot to be confirmed at Kooyonga (paging Hatchman!!) and 2 spots left at Glenelg.

I'm just waiting for details of any comps/fees and then I'll send out payment details by PM.

Thanks all!

Peppas
27th August 2015, 03:00 PM
Did you order my club sandwich already?

wazamac
27th August 2015, 03:21 PM
Did you order my club sandwich already?

Might be cold by the time you get it.

Peppas
27th August 2015, 03:59 PM
Might be cold by the time you get it.

You'll keep it warm for me?

wazamac
27th August 2015, 06:09 PM

Hatchman
27th August 2015, 06:49 PM
I'm in for both ��

Peppas
27th August 2015, 07:17 PM
I'm in for both ��

**** I hope you own a pair of respectable looking pants

coalesce
27th August 2015, 08:04 PM
I'm in for both ��

I've updated the OP. Thanks.

Right the rest of you, there is 1 spot left for the afternoon round at Glenelg. Who wants it?

Chilled
28th August 2015, 06:48 PM
Just received an email from Kooey....Monday now officially booked for two tee times on Monday 16th, 7:30 and 7:37am. Table for 8 also confirmed booked.

benno_r
28th August 2015, 07:08 PM
Good job brother! Excellent Monday line up.

Chilled
3rd September 2015, 08:22 AM
**** I hope you own a pair of respectable looking pantsYeah Kooey might frown upon the flaming reds....haha

Peppas
5th September 2015, 08:41 AM
Yeah Kooey might frown upon the flaming reds....haha

I doubt hatchy has any beige in the wardrobe but you never know!

jimandr
5th September 2015, 04:08 PM

Is beige the official fashion colour choice for Kooyonga?

I could do it, but I really don't want to.

coalesce
5th September 2015, 04:43 PM
I know what will make them frown - getting my white pommie legs out and wearing shorts

Peppas
5th September 2015, 04:46 PM
I don't have beige

Hatchman
5th September 2015, 06:30 PM

You got that right buddy.
I may be old but I'm not that old that beige is ok.

Chilled
14th September 2015, 07:56 AM
Well work just approved my Monday off so Kooey officially a goer!

benno_r
14th September 2015, 08:04 AM
Pay day today - any bank details so I can pay this month instead of spending it on hookers and blow??

Peppas
14th September 2015, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah I still need to pay for this... I'll pay on the day :p

coalesce
14th September 2015, 08:36 AM
Will send bank details round later today. I need you guys to pay now to fund my trip to Melbourne to watch the Crows this weekend.. :)

Ferrins
16th September 2015, 04:46 PM
Payment sent

coalesce
17th September 2015, 09:50 AM
OP updated - Payment received from benno_r and Ferrins - thanks guys

Peppas
21st September 2015, 09:45 AM
I sent my money today too... so psyched.

coalesce
23rd September 2015, 01:18 PM
I sent my money today too... so psyched.

Received, thanks

coalesce
23rd September 2015, 01:26 PM
Note that I have roped in a Glenelg member for the last spot in the afternoon. Hopefully this will mean we can get a further discount on the booking. I will let you know when I know (and I will refund anything overspent).

nadg63
23rd September 2015, 03:23 PM
Note that I have roped in a Glenelg member for the last spot in the afternoon. Hopefully this will mean we can get a further discount on the booking. I will let you know when I know (and I will refund anything overspent).

Knew there was a reason he joined Glenelg recently :)

coalesce
23rd September 2015, 03:49 PM
Knew there was a reason he joined Glenelg recently :)

2016 champs could be good!

Ferrins
27th September 2015, 05:35 AM
Been reading Rodger Davis "Hooked on golf" and he lists Kooyonga in the top five courses in Australia with
Royal Melbourne composite, The Australian, Metropolitan and New South Wales.

Chilled
27th September 2015, 05:37 AM
Been reading Rodger Davis "Hooked on golf" and he lists Kooyonga in the top five courses in Australia with
Royal Melbourne composite, The Australian, Metropolitan and New South Wales.I'd agree with that! :D

I'll be playing it in an hour. Hopefully a bit better than my -3 yesterday.

thecollective
27th September 2015, 01:21 PM
Roger has an interesting past with golf architecture.

He doesn't seem to rate traditional links courses and does not like Barnbougle.

He is an ambassador and a member of my club (Tanunda Pines) and has offered his hand previously at re-designing our course :-/

TC

Chilled
27th September 2015, 06:31 PM
Eagled the first at Kooey today, on my way to a tidy 37pts : )

Course in in great nick, coring soon I think, will be fantastic when you guys arrive in Nov.

Hatchman
27th September 2015, 06:58 PM
Eagled the first at Kooey today, on my way to a tidy 37pts : )

Course in in great nick, coring soon I think, will be fantastic when you guys arrive in Nov.

What club did you hole out with?

Chilled
27th September 2015, 07:11 PM
What club did you hole out with?Driver + 3 wood + 60degree. 86m to go, which was absolutely perfect numbers for the 60. I've come close many times over the last year or so.....with a foot birdie putt just a couple of weeks ago, but still never expect to hole out.

Only problem is because it is an elevated green (pin was over theright hand side bump) I never got to see it go on the hole! hehe

Hatchman
28th September 2015, 09:40 AM
Nice one.

coalesce
26th October 2015, 10:06 AM
Everyone has paid up - thank you!

Ferrins
26th October 2015, 10:10 AM
These are both listed in 120 Great Golf Courses in Australia and New Zealand. Along with Lady Bay and RA.

thecollective
26th October 2015, 11:01 AM
These are both listed in 120 Great Golf Courses in Australia and New Zealand. Along with Lady Bay and RA.

We are blessed with quality golf courses here in crow eater land :wink:

TC

Ferrins
26th October 2015, 11:07 AM
We are blessed that you are able to get interstate riff-raff on.

Chilled
26th October 2015, 02:06 PM
You better believe it. I had to call in a lot of favours to get you mob on :D

Peppas
26th October 2015, 02:07 PM
You better believe it. I had to call in a lot of favours to get you mob on :D

What was her name??? :)

Chilled
26th October 2015, 02:10 PM
What was her name??? :)Pepper.

Peppas
26th October 2015, 02:14 PM
Pepper.

Sounds spicy :)

jimandr
26th October 2015, 04:28 PM
We are blessed with quality golf courses here in crow eater land :wink:

TC

I could be churlish, TC, and point out that you have five or six top 100 courses, but almost nothing in the next 100.

But that doesn't matter. I am grateful that we are getting a start on the good ones.

Any chance of The Grange next year, just so we can complete the set?

coalesce
26th October 2015, 04:37 PM
I looked into Grange for this year but they wanted to bend us over in terms of cost so it wasn't a better option than Kooey or Glenelg which I like better anyway

The top 100 ratings are interesting. For 2015, Royal Adelaide is not in there, but Lady Boy and Fleurieu are both top 60!

http://www.ausgolf.com.au/australias-top-100-the-golf-course-guide

benno_r
26th October 2015, 04:40 PM
I looked into Grange for this year but they wanted to bend us over in terms of cost so it wasn't a better option than Kooey or Glenelg which I like better anyway

The top 100 ratings are interesting. For 2015, Royal Adelaide is not in there, but Lady Boy and Fleurieu are both top 60!

http://www.ausgolf.com.au/australias-top-100-the-golf-course-guide

Public Access list that one. No Royal Melbourne either.

coalesce
26th October 2015, 04:43 PM
They've changed their criteria then cos their 2014 list had both

http://www.ausgolf.com.au/australias-top-100-courses-golf-digest

Chilled
26th October 2015, 05:23 PM
They are different lists. One is the top 100 golf courses (2014) and the other is a guide based on: "Design, Conditions and Aesthetics. "As always, courses must be available for green fee players most of the year.". If you look at the course guide Barnbougle Dunes says it was number 1 in both 2014 and 2015. If you look at the 2014 top 100 golf courses, Barnbougle Dunes was 4th.....so they two quite different lists.

The 2014 guide is here: http://www.ausgolf.com.au/golf-course-guide-2014

I can't find the 2015 top 100 golf courses so maybe it's not released yet.

Hatchman
26th October 2015, 07:31 PM
I could be churlish, TC, and point out that you have five or six top 100 courses, but almost nothing in the next 100.

But that doesn't matter. I am grateful that we are getting a start on the good ones.

Quality, not quantity :lol:.

Grange is over rated :razz:

thecollective
26th October 2015, 08:04 PM

J&R: without sounding completely bias I can name at least 6 S.A courses in the next 100, most notably:

- Victor Harbor GC
- Millicent GC
- Mt Gambier GC
- Blackwood GC
- Naracoorte GC
- Fleurieu GC

There is more depth than what you think here - you just need to get in a car and see it for yourself

TC

thecollective
26th October 2015, 08:10 PM
Quality, not quantity :lol:.

Grange is over rated :razz:

Not a huge fan of East - too many of the same greens, pushed up by gaping bunkers - reminds me of a TWP course (although I appreciate it is a necessary evil due to the wetlands)

West on the other hand is a personal favourite - + I love the last two closing holes (17 & 18. IMO the best closing finish in S.A)

TC

Hatchman
26th October 2015, 08:59 PM
Not a huge fan of East - too many of the same greens, pushed up by gaping bunkers - reminds me of a TWP course (although I appreciate it is a necessary evil due to the wetlands)

West on the other hand is a personal favourite - + I love the last two closing holes (17 & 18. IMO the best closing finish in S.A)

TC

West was better before they re-did the greens and made a heap of those pushed up as well.

Peppas
26th October 2015, 09:00 PM
They'd be nice to play sometime...

Hatchman
26th October 2015, 09:11 PM
They'd be nice to play sometime...

coalesece thought that too.
I'm sure they had to get a few more tippers of sand after our Race to Bonville round :lol:

Peppas
26th October 2015, 09:22 PM
coalesece thought that too.
I'm sure they had to get a few more tippers of sand after our Race to Bonville round :lol:

I was more hoping the response would be "Ok Pep, maybe next year :)"

Hatchman
26th October 2015, 09:33 PM
I was more hoping the response would be "Ok Pep, maybe next year :)"

Maybe someone else can give you the Grange cuddle :wink::D
I cant do it :(

Peppas
26th October 2015, 09:35 PM
Maybe someone else can give you the Grange cuddle :wink::D
I cant do it :(

Is that anything like a liverpool kiss?

Hatchman
1st November 2015, 04:42 PM
NTP and Long Drive markers are complete and ready for someone to hit greens and fairway.
This will rule me out using them [emoji3], I'll just bring them.

3Puttpete
1st November 2015, 04:59 PM
Won't that get in the way on a green? 4 tubes?

Ferrins
1st November 2015, 05:04 PM
Do you have mango trees down there?

Lagerlover
1st November 2015, 05:09 PM
Won't that get in the way on a green? 4 tubes? They'll be laying down silly.

3Puttpete
1st November 2015, 05:15 PM
They'll be laying down silly.

Ok cool

Chilled
1st November 2015, 06:31 PM
Good work Hatchy.

Hatchman
1st November 2015, 06:33 PM
Thought it was a good use for brand new TM Burner balls I'd never hit.

nadg63
1st November 2015, 08:30 PM
Cheers HMSS76.

Hatchman
2nd November 2015, 12:06 PM
2 weeks and it will be one down and another 18 to go now.

nadg63
2nd November 2015, 12:22 PM
NTP and Long Drive markers are complete and ready for someone to hit greens and fairway.
This will rule me out using them [emoji3], I'll just bring them.

Good work, bring them along to the Sat/Sun rounds too as will save cadging them from the Pro Shops

3Puttpete
2nd November 2015, 12:25 PM
Good work, bring them along to the Sat/Sun rounds too as will save cadging them from the Pro Shops

Cadging isn't even a real word. Speak English!

Hatchman
2nd November 2015, 12:45 PM

That was the plan.
Just need to make sure 1st group out puts them out when they miss :razz: and last group picks them up every day.

3Puttpete
2nd November 2015, 12:47 PM
That was the plan.Just need to make sure 1st group out puts them out when they miss :razz: and last group picks them up every day. The Champ doesn't do that. Somebody else in my group can bring them in Sunday.

Ferrins
3rd November 2015, 04:17 AM
Heavy intensity rain forecast!😳☔️
http://www.weatherinau.com/South_Australia/Weather_in_Adelaide/16-day-forecast

nudgee
3rd November 2015, 07:03 AM
Heavy intensity rain forecast!😳☔️
http://www.weatherinau.com/South_Australia/Weather_in_Adelaide/16-day-forecast

75.7 mm on Tuesday - well that sux

The courses will be underwater!!!

Peppas
3rd November 2015, 08:31 AM
75.7 mm on Tuesday - well that sux

The courses will be underwater!!!

Looks like 50mm today?

Forecast for 25mm on the Monday we are meant to be doing the 36 holes though...

nudgee
3rd November 2015, 08:49 AM
Bloody hell that forecast changed in a flash!! Now looks better except for Monday after champs.

I am sure it will change a few times before we are there ready to tear up the joint.

Hatchman
3rd November 2015, 10:09 AM
Rain, we don't get that stuff in the driest State on the driest Continent .