PDA

View Full Version : Classic Golf Shoes

oldracer
22nd July 2015, 04:47 PM
Many years ago when my dad and I started playing a little more than twice a year, he bought himself ad I a present....a pair of Niblick Wingtips, full leather in oxblood red. We wore those in rain, hail, sun you name it and they lasted forever. From that day I have always loved the look of traditional classy golf footwear. As you get older this style becomes very tiring on the feet if you walk but I am thru necessity riding more than I would care to these days. This has rekindled my desire for nice footwear to the point that I just purchased a couple of pair of FJ Classics. Anyone have the same fetish, I know of one Ozzie that is probably the Imelda of the forum but other than he and I, anyone else like the traditional wingtip leather style look on the course?????

Steve57
22nd July 2015, 05:55 PM
When I first went to the U.S. in 1979 I bought two pairs of Footjoy Classics, one plain black pair and the other in red, white and blue with the red and blue being in patent leather. I copped heaps when I returned and wore them for the first couple of times but they were the best looking and most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn. They lasted forever as well because they were solid leather, including the soles and of course I looked after them.
I intend to get another pair at some time in the future.

Jazz18
22nd July 2015, 09:05 PM
Can't say I've had the Footjoy classics but I have always been a Footjoy shoe fan. Can't remember the last time I bought any other brand other than Footjoy in the last 15 years. Currently wearing dry joy tours (white with a black saddle). Previous shoes were dry joys and the pair before that were dry joys as well. Great shoe once they are worn in. But hard on the feet to start with. I don't mind the sport style shoes but generally prefer the classic or saddle style golf shoes from Footjoy.

Coldtopper
22nd July 2015, 09:23 PM
Had heaps of pairs even wore a pair of brown patent leathers to the discos. Matching street, teaching and spikes in black, white and burgundy saw me through a few rounds and nights. Enjoyed the tungsten spikes. Bloody heavy though I'm liking Biom these days in saddles!

Coldtopper
22nd July 2015, 09:32 PM
Had heaps of pairs even wore a pair of brown patent leathers to the discos. Matching street, teaching and spikes in black, white and burgundy saw me through a few rounds and nights. Enjoyed the tungsten spikes. Bloody heavy though

oldracer
23rd July 2015, 06:51 AM
Had heaps of pairs even wore a pair of brown patent leathers to the discos. Matching street, teaching and spikes in black, white and burgundy saw me through a few rounds and nights. Enjoyed the tungsten spikes. Bloody heavy though I'm liking Biom these days in saddles!wouldn't have been able to see the shoes, the flares would have been too wide!!!!!!! funny as CT

oldracer
23rd July 2015, 06:55 AM
Can't say I've had the Footjoy classics but I have always been a Footjoy shoe fan. Can't remember the last time I bought any other brand other than Footjoy in the last 15 years. Currently wearing dry joy tours (white with a black saddle). Previous shoes were dry joys and the pair before that were dry joys as well. Great shoe once they are worn in. But hard on the feet to start with. I don't mind the sport style shoes but generally prefer the classic or saddle style golf shoes from Footjoy.for everyday play the lighter shoes are far more practical but for that special occasion, the right weather, form is feeling good, snazzy shoes just go I think.

Jazz18
23rd July 2015, 07:35 AM
for everyday play the lighter shoes are far more practical but for that special occasion, the right weather, form is feeling good, snazzy shoes just go I think.

I agree OR. When walking a pair if the lighter shoes is probably the way to go these days but nothing beats the look of a pair of proper classically styled golf shoes.

Chapzzzz
23rd July 2015, 04:00 PM
I'm a bit of a fan of the Classics.
Four pairs myself...

BayBum
23rd July 2015, 05:15 PM
Only ever played in leather classics as a young'n, I don't think anything else was available ?!

Too hard on the feet these days, plus I wear shorts all year round, not a fan of shorts and dress shoes...

IronFox Golf in Bangkok was cool to see though. I think courty may have a couple pairs from there ?

oldracer
23rd July 2015, 07:11 PM
I'm a bit of a fan of the Classics.
Four pairs myself...where is that "Like" button

Steve57
23rd July 2015, 07:45 PM
were is that "Like" button
On Android Tapatalk!

Steve57
23rd July 2015, 07:48 PM
:horse:
Come on AndyP you can do it!

oldracer
23rd July 2015, 08:54 PM
:horse:
Come on AndyP you can do it!trying to put multiple :) smileys, not happening!!!!!

LoveGolf2012
23rd July 2015, 09:13 PM
trying to put multiple :) smileys, not happening!!!!!

Mate please clear your inbox