PDA

View Full Version : Wie @ Evian

McMw
22nd July 2004, 05:01 PM
Was watching the sports hilites show during lunch, and I thought I was seeing things!!!

Couple of shots of Wie at the Evian, and I was wondering if she was on course or at the gym!!!

Check out the pics... :wink:

Getty Images (http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/cfw/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState|1|15|1|5108 2003|0|0|0|0||0|0&p=7&pk=4)

you'll have to scroll down half way (probably) and click on the Evian Masters...

Flowergirl
22nd July 2004, 05:51 PM
I've just started back at the gym..........that's what I'll look like in 10 weeks............except I've got green eyes :roll:

amanda
23rd July 2004, 09:29 AM
I would have to say that is the most appalling dress sense I've ever seen by a female golfer! Maybe the course doesn't require a collared shirt :shock:

Golfgirl
23rd July 2004, 11:16 AM
I've just started back at the gym..........that's what I'll look like in 10 weeks............except I've got green eyes :roll:

It'll take me a helluva lot longer than 10 weeks to look like that.... :oops: :roll:

hmmm.... so many of the lady golf pros don't dress to the same standards that most golf clubs expect from their members and visitors.... this is becoming a real issue.

At my old club, the young men were adamant about wearing the "mock turtleneck" as worn by Tiger Woods, but sadly, the committee were dead set against it.... makes it awful hard to stock your pro shop with anything trendy.... :roll:

McMw
24th July 2004, 12:42 AM
At my old club, the young men were adamant about wearing the "mock turtleneck" as worn by Tiger Woods, but sadly, the committee were dead set against it.... makes it awful hard to stock your pro shop with anything trendy.... :roll:

I agree that the mocks should not be allowed - can u imagine someone the size of stadler or perry wearing one??? just look back 2 weeks ago and Morgan in the final round!!! I truly believe u need to be slim like Tiger to pull it off... IMO... :D

Cargo pants are also another no-no in my books!!! :D
but short socks, long shorts should be allowed...
guess I can win them all...

anyway, if someone like Wie was at my club, who cares what she wears!!! :lol:
liked her outfit on the 2nd day...very classy... :D

goughy
24th July 2004, 07:06 AM
I think the standard of women's dress in golf tournaments nowdays has much to do with getting the publicity and getting people through the gate. Much along the same idea that jan stephenson promoted years ago.

And maybe if clubs permitted that dress standard more women might try the sport. Some may feel they don't want to dress in what they feel are boring polo shirts and dress shorts. I don'treally have an issue with it if it interests more people in golf. I kind of agree with you mcmw on the turtle neck long sleeve shirts, but I spose if that's the trend that's the trend. I really think the turtle neck (if they are even that) tshirts that some are starting to wear (sabbatini etc) look out of place.

But I don't mind golf attire following popular fashion, as long as it still has that classy edge to it. Too many times at my club have I seen people (and I mean members in weekend competition) wearing cheap ass and ratty condition bonds polo's with something akin to stubbies or ruggers shorts. And this 'meets' the clubs dress standards.

I certainly don't want to return to the days of wearing ties etc. I don't even own a tie!

AndyP
24th July 2004, 08:33 AM
I certainly don't want to return to the days of wearing ties etc. I don't even own a tie!
Can you imagine wearing a tie to golf during a Queensland Summer? :smt104

Golfgirl
26th July 2004, 06:05 PM
I think the standard of women's dress in golf tournaments nowdays has much to do with getting the publicity and getting people through the gate. Much along the same idea that jan stephenson promoted years ago.

And maybe if clubs permitted that dress standard more women might try the sport. Some may feel they don't want to dress in what they feel are boring polo shirts and dress shorts. I don'treally have an issue with it if it interests more people in golf.

Hmmm.... I agree and disagree with this.... yes, it would be great if a little more leeway was allowed in dress, particularly if it encouraged more women to participate, but by the same token - I don't agree with young trollops running around the golf course wearing next to no clothing.... unfortunately, Matt's boss doesn't feel the same way, and there is a young girl here who wears as little as is possible given the weather, always plays in the mixed comps, and is 15 going on 25..... very disappointing behaviour for such a promising young golfer. :evil:

amanda
27th July 2004, 08:56 AM
I don't understand why some women do this - by objectifying themselves, the media tells them they'll have power over men - but do they? (e.g. look at most music videos these days)

I'd rather be well respected by my fellow members as a good golfer - not just one who looks good in skimpy clothing (not that I would look good in skimpy clothing!)